Trudeau meets with Bill Nye

Whyme

Trudeau meets with Bill Nye

Post by Whyme »

Glad to see a meeting of like minds attempting to solve problems that affect us all. Proud that Canada is a world leader.
Attachments
Screenshot-2018-3-6 Bill Nye prods Trudeau to explain rationale behind Kinder Morgan.jpg
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau meets with Bill Nye

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bill Nye was a mechanical engineer turned comedian, his character was a skit on "Almost Live" back in the 90s. How this guy has such a cult following and is an ambassador to science is beyond me. "Mind your manners with Billy Quan" is just as credible as Bill Nye - at least Billy Quan was funny, as was John Keister.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Dolph Lundgren LITERALLY is a more qualified scientist last I knew.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Dizzy1 wrote:Bill Nye was a mechanical engineer turned comedian, his character was a skit on "Almost Live" back in the 90s. How this guy has such a cult following and is an ambassador to science is beyond me. "Mind your manners with Billy Quan" is just as credible as Bill Nye - at least Billy Quan was funny, as was John Keister.

Almost Live could be hilarious at times and I loved Billy Quan. They should bring that show back. I've often wondered how Bill Nye became one the most famous and respected "scientists" in the world.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

techrtr wrote: I've often wondered how Bill Nye became one the most famous and respected "scientists" in the world.

Is he though? Really? Just like David Suzuki. Is he really that respected outside the circles of the enviro-nut lunatic? Now Bill Nye has just reinvented himself as one of the biggest shills out there, using his crappy Netflix show to push a far left agenda.

This is just awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Bill Nye is not a scientist. He is a science presenter and communicator.

Kind of like how news anchors are qualified to speak about politics without being politicians themselves.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Omnitheo wrote:Bill Nye is not a scientist. He is a science presenter and communicator.

Kind of like how news anchors are qualified to speak about politics without being politicians themselves.

In other words he is just a mr. know it all and a wind bag. :biggrin:
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
techrtr wrote: I've often wondered how Bill Nye became one the most famous and respected "scientists" in the world.

Is he though? Really? Just like David Suzuki. Is he really that respected outside the circles of the enviro-nut lunatic? Now Bill Nye has just reinvented himself as one of the biggest shills out there, using his crappy Netflix show to push a far left agenda.

This is just awful.

Gee, thanks a bunch, GB. You oughta warn a person.

ETA: Oh, there it is, my bad. Yes, this IS just awful!
Last edited by rustled on Mar 7th, 2018, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Omnitheo wrote:Bill Nye is not a scientist. He is a science presenter and communicator.

He actually holds a bachelor of science in mechanical engineering, and has at least one honorary science degree, along with several patents.

He's a very clever man, but I'd agree he's no scientist. It's clear he no longer thinks like one.

And while he started out as a science presenter, he sold out science when he became a policy shill.

Once an affable edutainer encouraging a genuine interest in science, now he's just another sell-out, promoting policy-based science to those who are not capable of comprehending the consequences of embracing policy-based science and encouraging others to do the same.

So did Trudeau's appearance with Nye do anything to further our understanding of how our government is investing in R&D, why, what needs to be done better, how we're getting there? Sure doesn't look like it.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

All born scientists huh Justin? What a dope. Did he really dream that up? Hey, junior, put on that lab coat and eat your Pablum. I admit I used to enjoy Bill Nye the Science Guy, but that smug, holier than thou gonna show those dirty tarsanders what's what attitude of his makes me throw up in my mouth a bit. OP cartoon says it all, clowns indeed. Thanx for the post.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

This is just awful.

From her that rap or whatever the :cuss: that was, "just do what feels right". And there you have it folks, everything that is wrong in the world today. No morals or boundaries, "just do what feels right".
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

Bill Nye, the Junk Science Guy

First, he's a mechanical engineer who spent most of his worthy career with Boeing 1986. But I guess that is enough for a child to believe he's a scientist.

If you put a lab coat, a pocket protector and a bow tie on Pamela Anderson, a lot of people would buy her science creds too, at least until the cheesy music starts and camera fades in.

Bill Sanford, like ALL celebrity eco-alarmists have become wealthy on fear, half truths and misapplied logic and crefully filtered science.

If you make millions of dollars and you are not composting your cash at the end of each month, you are consuming.

And what you consume is either grown and cut down or dug out of a hole or squeezed through a pipeline somewhere in the world. Just like that screen you are looking at. Just like that cotton shirt you're wearing. And ll that stuff has to be moved around the globe to get to you.

It's such a simple equation, even stupid people should get it.

There's tons of examples...but how about the latest from Willy Sanford "Nye". He traveled on EARTH DAY with Obama on Airforce One to the Florida Everglades (which should be under a couple of feet of more water along with Miami with the melted ice cap as per Al Gore...Oh...but we don't know why it isn't 'cuz the research ships have not been able to access the polar regions in the past few winters because of...too much ice). 35,000 litres of fuel to whisk a 63 year old skinny Fake Scientist and a has-been President and handlers over 1800 kms to tell us minions to tread lightly on the environment.

And if you are wealthy and stand up and tell everyone that the world will end Friday unless they buy a Tesla like your's, you are either stupid or a hypocrite or too stupid to know you are a hypocrite.

Bill Nye...The Hypocrite Guy. Walk the walk Willy or don't talk the talk.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Most notable outcome of this meeting of the mindless...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

It looks like Nye's show is every bit as bad as one would have imagined.

Netflix shouldn’t be so overtly and clumsily political. I have no problem with them making shows for the politically naïve and easily amused, but the thought of subsidizing the effort is unappealing. So far, my approach to the problem has been to limit my binging to a few weeks per year - usually over the Christmas Holidays.

If services like Netflix would just go to a PPV format, those who didn’t wish to be made complicit would have an easy out. Are there really that many people who are excited about buying inane propaganda from the likes of Bill Nye and the Obamas?
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan

Return to “Canada”