Naramata family being evicted

seewood
Guru

Re: Naramata family being evicted

Post by seewood »

Person involved ( not me) might have access to another property in Naramata. Current owners are wondering what to do though as the house was trashed by previous tenants. Repair or tear down....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
abraham
Fledgling

Post by abraham »

This entire story is absolutely ridiculous and far from being newsworthy! I could only imagine how many families that are renting
are dealing or have dealt with the same issue at one point! People feel sorry for this family for what reason? Because he needs a rental that accommodates his needs for a place with a shop(for his home based business) and a big yard or acreage for his machinery instead of renting a apartment for the time being!Give me a break, I rent a house and have to store all my business stuff(tools,inventory etc) in a shipping container I rent for $100 a month and the rest is stored in my laundry room which my wife doesn’t care for too much but understands it has to be done until a more adaquet rental with the space I need becomes available! Bottom line is he rents and doesn’t own, the landlord isn’t at fault at all and shouldn’t have to explain to anyone what he does with his own property!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

abraham wrote:This entire story is absolutely ridiculous and far from being newsworthy! I could only imagine how many families that are renting
are dealing or have dealt with the same issue at one point! People feel sorry for this family for what reason? Because he needs a rental that accommodates his needs for a place with a shop(for his home based business) and a big yard or acreage for his machinery instead of renting a apartment for the time being!Give me a break, I rent a house and have to store all my business stuff(tools,inventory etc) in a shipping container I rent for $100 a month and the rest is stored in my laundry room which my wife doesn’t care for too much but understands it has to be done until a more adaquet rental with the space I need becomes available! Bottom line is he rents and doesn’t own, the landlord isn’t at fault at all and shouldn’t have to explain to anyone what he does with his own property!

how dare you come on here and post something that make sense [icon_lol2.gif]
SPOCK

Post by SPOCK »

It is interesting to see all the different opinions on this including a lot of really negative stuff. I never said the landlord was breaking the rules, just that using an ALC ruling that did not apply was not fair. Evicting a family to leave the house empty is not logical even if it is legal.
*removed*
This item is closed. The renter has bought a travel trailer and will live in a friends driveway with two little girls until something comes along.
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2018, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
SPOCK
Live long and prosper.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2018, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

SPOCK wrote:It is interesting to see all the different opinions on this including a lot of really negative stuff. I never said the landlord was breaking the rules, just that using an ALC ruling that did not apply was not fair. Evicting a family to leave the house empty is not logical even if it is legal.
*removed*

This item is closed. The renter has bought a travel trailer and will live in a friends driveway with two little girls until something comes along.

Considering you started the thread with ".....If anyone has more insight as to what ALR rules say about this....."
It is odd that number of posts gives validity or non-validity to comments. Perhaps high post folks have extremely good time management and actually *do* have others things that they actually can, and choose to, do.

I’m not sure what you mean by "this item is closed"? Did you grant yourself moderator powers to close a thread and limit discussion? But, back on topic, evicting the family may not be logical to you but, it obviously is logical to the owner of the property.
Sorry that the reality of a discussion forum got in the way of the fantasy of how you dreamt it would be. Many people have had dates like that.
Live long and prosper.
You and 71 others Like this post
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2018, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Return to “South Okanagan”