Defending property with force....Castanet poll

wisdom01

Re: Defending property with force....Castanet poll

Post by wisdom01 »

LTD wrote:little timmy actually makes that choice when he decides to smoke crack or meth, sucking on the glass dick was his choice not societies

Yup, right on what LTD just said :up:
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

CapitalB wrote:
Secondly if it is insured you should be able to file a report and be reimbursed for the items that have been stolen.

Lol. You are kidding. Right?
Or have you never been violated and had to deal with an insurer?
Especially when you need to renew the policy.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

In 2013 and 14 had to make 2 insurance claims , one was a break in and one was a flood. Was told by my insurance co. That if I had another claim within 5 years There was a good chance they would not renew, and that no other insurance co. would take me on.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I see no problem with laying to waste someone that is willing to come into your home where children are sleeping . Take me to jail . Its not about me.
Strong and free
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Yup. Gladly go to jail . I could use the free lunch. Free schooling. Free dental. Free weight room. Sounds kinda like a vacation .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Bman wrote:
CapitalB wrote:
Secondly if it is insured you should be able to file a report and be reimbursed for the items that have been stolen.

Lol. You are kidding. Right?
Or have you never been violated and had to deal with an insurer?
Especially when you need to renew the policy.

....and I PAY a couple hundred dollars deductible so it's still $$$ coming out of MY wallet to replace MY stuff that I already paid for once. So, not only have they taken MY stuff, but I pay for the insurance that I then have to pay a deductible to use, and then pay higher premiums for the next year's insurance for making a claim.....pay, pay, pay while they steal, steal, steal.

ONLY one who suffers any consequence here is the person whose stuff was stolen, not the thieves...we need to even the score on that. THAT job is up to the authorities (cops, Judges) BUT THEY DO NOTHING so what do they expect??? People are fed up and if they don't turn that legal ship around we will be back to vigilantism and we'll know where to lay the blame for that....
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dle wrote:
....and I PAY a couple hundred dollars deductible so it's still $$$ coming out of MY wallet to replace MY stuff that I already paid for once.

Most policies are $500 deductible or you pay a high premium that's not really worth it.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Bsuds wrote:
dle wrote:
....and I PAY a couple hundred dollars deductible so it's still $$$ coming out of MY wallet to replace MY stuff that I already paid for once.

Most policies are $500 deductible or you pay a high premium that's not really worth it.

Yep! Every time they steal it costs us - in more ways than one.....and leaving the $$ aspect aside, there are things they steal that literally can't be replaced - sometimes passed down by family members, or quite simply not made anymore. They also steal our peace of mind, they steal our sense of security in our own homes.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Give or take 95 percent said yes blast away in the poll . Who are the silly fools who would rather be some crooks free lunch. We need to weed these people out
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

This issue is one of the few in which I have to agree with the Conservatives. Many Conservative backbenchers have wanted a loosening of gun laws in Canada to allow more firepower, and rights, in the hands of the public. When punks arrive and start looting your outbuildings in the middle of the night, they need to be faced with weapons with larger magazines, and more automatic firing as well. They tend to get braver when they realize you're not heavily armed and will try coming right into the house as well. Only the fear of death will discourage them.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Jflem1983 wrote:Give or take 95 percent said yes blast away in the poll . Who are the silly fools who would rather be some crooks free lunch. We need to weed these people out

exactly , most votes say giver, only a few out of touch with reality say do nothing, what does that tell ya, these numbers prove that the average home owners who work hard for a living are sick and tired of these sum bag junkie thieves, no matter what bs news stores the news put out there your average hard working person is fed up with this scum
Last edited by the truth on Mar 7th, 2018, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Fact is that studies have proven that guns in the house make you less safe, which is why the NRA lobbied to have the CDC hault all studies in gun related deaths. Turns out that while facts may be good for public safety, they aren't good for gun sales so the NRA put a cap on those pesky studies.

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

So they went on to publish other studies confirming the link between guns and more violence. In one, they found that a gun in the home was tied to a nearly fivefold increase in the odds of suicide. (More Americans die from gun suicides every year than gun homicides.) In another, published in 1998, they reported that guns at home were four times more likely to cause an accidental shooting, seven times more likely to be used in assault or homicide, and 11 times more likely to be used in a suicide than they were to be used for self-defense.

The research made headlines in the New York Times and the Washington Post. It also infuriated the gun lobby, which launched a war against gun research that persists today.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... nce-shows/
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Certainly, there is a tendency to feel hate and revenge from being violated by thieves. Even today I reflect on the times I've been robbed and think "bastoids!" years after the fact. I personally feel as though 'Shoot first, ask questions' is good even though it is heavy handed, and better than "Shoot second, stay quiet". You have no clue what else a thief is capable of although murders from being caught tend to be rare.

I am thinking it may be better to secure your property with high privacy fencing, better doors/windows, and sensors and cameras and try to catch these "bastoids". It is expensive to secure a property but in the long run you feel better equipped to play the game and hopefully catch one.

I thought this proverb was interesting:

Men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry; But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

bob vernon wrote:This issue is one of the few in which I have to agree with the Conservatives. Many Conservative backbenchers have wanted a loosening of gun laws in Canada to allow more firepower, and rights, in the hands of the public. When punks arrive and start looting your outbuildings in the middle of the night, they need to be faced with weapons with larger magazines, and more automatic firing as well. They tend to get braver when they realize you're not heavily armed and will try coming right into the house as well. Only the fear of death will discourage them.

...or a whole new batch of REAL Judges who will actually give them a couple of years in the slammer - 2ND OFFENCE - and none of this time and half served bs, with sentence length going up if weaponry used, if a home invasion, if anyone is hurt (not including the crook) and forever more behind bars if any hurt is put on an elderly person. That kind of scum should NOT be walking around among us. Not enough jails? Build more.....
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly....................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”