Kinder Morgan protestors

sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by sublime »

Obviously I don't support this as an extreme protest, though I do not support the extreme opposite side to the conversation either...you know the people who would rather hurl insults "morons this, idiotic that, imbecile, etc. etc." instead of having a rational conversation. Is it too much for adults to act like adults? I know the political leaders of this day and age are not good role models but come on people. Some top notch superiority complexes at their finest.
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

sublime wrote:Obviously I don't support this as an extreme protest, though I do not support the extreme opposite side to the conversation either...you know the people who would rather hurl insults "morons this, idiotic that, imbecile, etc. etc." instead of having a rational conversation.

Well it's obvious that these people that are participating in this farce aren't very bright. If they were, they would have jobs and could also do math, and wouldn't be allowing themselves to be used as shills by the Tides Foundation. So if they aren't "morons", what other word is ok to describe them? Brainless boobs? Dummies? Idiots? I have to find something here because these people just aren't very smart.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

sublime wrote:Obviously I don't support this as an extreme protest, though I do not support the extreme opposite side to the conversation either...you know the people who would rather hurl insults "morons this, idiotic that, imbecile, etc. etc." instead of having a rational conversation. Is it too much for adults to act like adults? I know the political leaders of this day and age are not good role models but come on people. Some top notch superiority complexes at their finest.

Anyone hurling insults and calling other people names (idiotic, imbeciles, brain-dead, morons, stupid, communists, Marxists) is being verbally abusive and is using propaganda to fear-monger.

Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fear mongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion,

A rational discussion with these ignorant/manipulative people is not possible.
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

flamingfingers wrote:
Anyone hurling insults and calling other people names (idiotic, imbeciles, brain-dead, morons, stupid, communists, Marxists) is being verbally abusive and is using propaganda to fear-monger.

Do you stand by these statements before people post your blatant hypocrisy shown by your own historical posts?

The people in this scenario are not protesting in my view, they are trying to be popular vandals, that isn't a right however much they pretend it is.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

flamingfingers wrote:Anyone hurling insults and calling other people names (idiotic, imbeciles, brain-dead, morons, stupid, communists, Marxists) is being verbally abusive and is using propaganda to fear-monger.

I have to agree with you on that one.

flamingfingers wrote:The idiot Liberals needed to build the bridge further north, eliminating the soul-destroying trek through downtown Kelowna. But they pandered to political interests, gave Kelowna an inadequate bridge and forced Harvey into an impossible traffic horror.

flamingfingers wrote:I don't 'cyberstalk' Christy - she says something stupid and I post it. Long before she became premier I said she was a brainless idiot who was easily manipulated - and she has gone on to prove that assertion time and again!

flamingfingers wrote:The guy 'leading' the new party is a Conservative of the 'Anti-Choice' wingnut brigade. He's an idiot who will only get 'some' support from other idiots.

flamingfingers wrote:I would beg to differ with you on the 'elderly' part of your statement. We have been there, seen idiots like Ezra Levant many times before and discarded them!

Readers of The Rebel and supporters of the idiot Ezra Levant remind me of the supporters of Donald Trump - mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, Neanderthal bigots.

flamingfingers wrote:More "thoughtful remarks' from Christy:

http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/ministrie ... e-premier/

There is a village out there who has lost their idiot...

Seems like you're rather fond of the word.

Search found 90 matches • Page 1 of 6

To be fair, I think these professional protesters funded by foreign interests are manipulating the idiots in our society like the NDP and their gullible followers, so there, I use the word too.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

^^ I believe that is what you would call a super "burn". [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

You just gotta love it, when the orange kool-aid addicts, not only dig the hole, but hand you the shovel afterward, to bury them with. :biggrin:

Certainly not the brightest bulbs in the house.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

They wouldnt try this bs in Saudi Arabia or Russia.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Well it's obvious that these people that are participating in this farce aren't very bright. If they were, they would have jobs and could also do math, and wouldn't be allowing themselves to be used as shills by the Tides Foundation. So if they aren't "morons", what other word is ok to describe them? Brainless boobs? Dummies? Idiots? I have to find something here because these people just aren't very smart.

Hmm, well personally, if I were some type of rantallion scobblerlocher foozle bescumber; I might try to incorporate the words zounderkite, or fopdoodle into my post.

Hope that helps...
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Drip_Torch wrote:Hmm, well personally, if I were some type of rantallion scobblerlocher foozle bescumber; I might try to incorporate the words zounderkite, or fopdoodle into my post.

Hope that helps...

^^Foozle on scobberlotcher there, Drip. Kind of "ick" to use the "r" word, dontcha think?

Liking zounderkite and fopdoodle, particularly vis-à-vis Kinder Morgan protesters and their bescumbering.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

The "r" word... For me, it evoked the splayed splatter pattern one would expect from a sawed off shotgun. Thought it somewhat axiomatic, given the klazomaniac besmirching that follows each of these topics.

Whatever – path of least economic resistance, meet the path of social resistance. I’m not saying I agree with it – just the furfuraceous rants don’t make for much of a discussion.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Drip_Torch wrote:The "r" word... For me, it evoked the splayed splatter pattern one would expect from a sawed off shotgun. Thought it somewhat axiomatic, given the klazomaniac besmirching that follows each of these topics.

Whatever – path of least economic resistance, meet the path of social resistance. I’m not saying I agree with it – just the furfuraceous rants don’t make for much of a discussion.

Shotgun spatter. I think you're referring to the bescumbering, then. Less "ick" than the visual with the "r" word (IMO, of course), and yes, one could say quite an apt descriptor for what sometimes occurs here, and (coincidentally) at many protests such as the Kinder Morgan protest we've been discussing.

Personally, I'm blaming my klazomania on short-term encephalitis lethargica (as it's unlikely to be CO and I'd not want to admit to abuse of alcohol at all hours of the day), but I'll let others speak for themselves.

One wonders if it would be imprudent to suggest the KM protesters suffer from same? The klazomania, that is.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

hmm, well a woman arrested in Burnaby for protesting KM is a self described middle aged Mom.
KM is nothing but profit, hardly do "they" have our best interests at heart.
I did like the Bill and Justin debate
"I have been to Fort McMurray, Alta. – it really is an amazing place in the most troubling way," Nye said.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

hobbyguy wrote: we need to distinguish between those who wish to legitimately and respectfully protest and the anarchists who just turn up at every protest to cause trouble.

10/10 - totally agree.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Drip_Torch wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Well it's obvious that these people that are participating in this farce aren't very bright. If they were, they would have jobs and could also do math, and wouldn't be allowing themselves to be used as shills by the Tides Foundation. So if they aren't "morons", what other word is ok to describe them? Brainless boobs? Dummies? Idiots? I have to find something here because these people just aren't very smart.

Hmm, well personally, if I were some type of rantallion scobblerlocher foozle bescumber; I might try to incorporate the words zounderkite, or fopdoodle into my post.

Hope that helps...

Well there's some words you don't see everyday.
:up: [icon_lol2.gif] :130:
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

normaM wrote:hmm, well a woman arrested in Burnaby for protesting KM is a self described middle aged Mom.

I hope that she has a record now, and can't go to Disneyland. There must be consequences for stupidity.

KM is nothing but profit, hardly do "they" have our best interests at heart.

And the people behind these protests hardly have our best interests at heart either. That's the thing. Total hypocrisy.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “B.C.”