Threat @ Boucherie

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Threat @ Boucherie

Post by TreeGuy »

One day suspension for an online threat. Way to to send the kid a message.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-220450-101-.htm#220450
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Threat @ Boucherie

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ya i got more than that for throwing snowballs ...
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Contrast that with this.

A Central Saanich student is in legal trouble after allegedly threatening a school.

According to police the student allegedly posted a threatening photo to social media.

Police say they were alerted to a video posted to Instagram of a Stelly's Secondary student firing a gun into a small target with the caption "practicing for school."

Sgt. Andy Duke said he was told the unidentified teen fired the weapon twice in a wooded area.

The male student was tracked down and arrested without incident Monday.

Investigators say they're recommending charges of uttering threats and mischief.

Police are using the incident to encourage parents to speak with their kids about how and how not to use social media.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220461
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 7th, 2018, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:One day suspension for an online threat. Way to to send the kid a message.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-220450-101-.htm#220450
wow :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
agnes60

Post by agnes60 »

Cmom
1 day suspension.
He should be sent for a physic evalutation and more than one, and removed from school for a heck of alot more than 1 day. This incident should be taken VERY SERIOUSLY. No second chances. Maybe we could save lives, instead of oh. "He had a talking to", Please. If this kid thinks its a joke, he definetly needs help. Telling his friends to wear red hats means he was pretty serious in my eye. I don't blame the kids from not wanting to be around this looney.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Making such a threat would seem to be on the most serious end of the student misconduct scale. I would wonder about the emotional/psychological makeup of this child. Perhaps he has known issues in that department, and is prone to making grandiose threats when he's upset. If that's the case, suspending him for an extended period may not be the answer.

I'm not making excuses for this child, I'm just speculating that there's a reason for the short suspension other than the school simply not caring.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

The article states that the threat to the school came after the one day suspension, it was not the "punishment" for making the threat.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

FreeRights wrote:The article states that the threat to the school came after the one day suspension, it was not the "punishment" for making the threat.

Reading comes second to reactions.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

This student should be expelled and ordered into psychiatric counselling. Mt. Boucherie is not an elementary school - these kids at this age know right from wrong and absolutely know how serious this type of threat is - they have drills for it for crying out loud. Also, he should be arrested and charges should be laid. He isn't taking this stupid and illegal (uttering threats) action of his seriously.

This type of school threat, death, should ALWAYS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, be resolved by "erring" on the side of caution and exercising expulsion and legal action.

What part of "oops" fits here should things go as the kid threatened and people die?
wisdom01

Post by wisdom01 »

Wonder if this is how the kid in Florida got his first demerit ...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dle wrote:This student should be expelled and ordered into psychiatric counselling. Mt. Boucherie is not an elementary school - these kids at this age know right from wrong and absolutely know how serious this type of threat is - they have drills for it for crying out loud. Also, he should be arrested and charges should be laid. He isn't taking this stupid and illegal (uttering threats) action of his seriously.

This type of school threat, death, should ALWAYS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, be resolved by "erring" on the side of caution and exercising expulsion and legal action.

What part of "oops" fits here should things go as the kid threatened and people die?

100% correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

AlienSoldier wrote:
FreeRights wrote:The article states that the threat to the school came after the one day suspension, it was not the "punishment" for making the threat.

Reading comes second to reactions.

I agree with the reactions coming second to reading, however it’s not clearly worded:

The tipster says the student who made the threat was given a one-day suspension late last week, but he's “been walking around the hallways since then.”
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ya i got more than that for throwing snowballs ...

yeah, back in the day where there were consequences for actions.....perhaps the word "consequence" should be removed from the dictionary? They have ceased to exist so no reason to take up space on a page....
wisdom01

Post by wisdom01 »

dle wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Ya i got more than that for throwing snowballs ...

yeah, back in the day where there were consequences for actions.....perhaps the word "consequence" should be removed from the dictionary? They have ceased to exist so no reason to take up space on a page....

Couldn't agree more.

Return to “Central Okanagan”