Another shooting rocks the world

christopher
Board Meister

Re: Another shooting rocks the world

Post by christopher »

Ya just a simple I should have not said that would work (good job deflecting) .
puterbrother
Board Meister

Post by puterbrother »

Think nothing has been done in the wake of recent mass shootings? Then you aren't paying attention.

by Ken Hanson
7:00AM FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
I typically have a personal policy of not talking about shooting incidents as they happen. Anyone who's making political points off the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL is dancing in the blood of children.
But since the various mom groups, bought and paid for by Michael Bloomberg and George Soros, do not feel the same, I'm going to comment today.
I've been writing about school shootings for nearly 20 years. You can Google that. Solid fact.
There is a segment of society that just does not think the same way that you and I do. They don't have the same moral values or inhibitions. Call it video games, call it single parenting, whatever. The cat is out of the bag, scratched on Pandora's Box until it opened, and then they went to the barn and slammed the door shut long after the horse left. Abuse your favorite metaphor here.

More here: https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/think-n ... -attention

As a comment of my own here; society has changed and not for the better.With distructive and powerful drugs to violence in games and movies,we are dealing with a new reality.Gun violence is the symptom,mental health is the issue.Way to easy to condemn the instrument of choice,way more difficult to deal with the real problem.
For far too long we have been scammed into thinking that dealing with the symptom will stop the violence and killing.Time to deal with the real problem.Mental health !
Last edited by ferri on Mar 6th, 2018, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Posted entire article.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

GordonH wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:The problem is that guns kill people, but guns also save peoples lives.

Disarming all human beings of guns leaves what to defend ourselves with?

the police, the military and criminals will all still remain with guns - and the corruption resulting from the power they have been given, meanwhile we will be stripped - of all power, all weapons, all protection.

I do not see disarming human beings as the right thing to do, it renders them defenseless.

These school shootings are hoaxes, because the powers that be want us without the ability to protect ourselves and our families.

I will never change my point of view on the school shootings. All hoaxes meant to control the narrative to implement the agenda and the society they deem controllable.

They are causing quite a stir here locally as well....shutting down entire neighbourhoods for the likes of 1 man inside his own home with a firearm. its BS and its called social engineering.

Tell me why 20 years ago if the RCMP got wind of a person with a gun inside their own home there was not a neighbourhood lock down? what is the reason we are doing this now, locking down neighbourhoods for one person with a weapon?

Its an agenda - watch.

Without a solution that protects both the innocent children's lives & US public right to bear arms.
Innocent school students at all levels of education will continue to be killed by some wacko.
Only a complete f :cuss: ing wacko kills innocent people

Utter nonsense!

children are NOT being killed with fire arms at schools.

If you are sincerely concerned and would like to know the facts, and really help to save children then ask the governments and the RCMP what is being done about the global pedophilia ring, (child trafficking) who's been kidnapping, raping and murdering all the children!?

School shootings are hoaxes in most cases - the real tragedy is not being discussed or addressed - Pedophilia

The school shootings are a psychological warfare tactic used to engineer societies thoughts, beliefs, feelings and actions.

You have been duped.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

In Canada, we play the same games as the US. We listen to the same music. We watch the same movies. Yet our gun violence rate is far lower. The same goes for Australia. Great Britain . New Zealand. Japan, Brazil.

Tell me why somehow violent video games make Americans shoot up schools but not Japanese? We’re playing the exact same games. Perhaps you are scapegoating instead of addressing the actual differential factor that America has from all these other countries.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Omnitheo wrote:In Canada, we play the same games as the US. We listen to the same music. We watch the same movies. Yet our gun violence rate is far lower. The same goes for Australia. Great Britain . New Zealand. Japan, Brazil.

Tell me why somehow violent video games make Americans shoot up schools but not Japanese? We’re playing the exact same games. Perhaps you are scapegoating instead of addressing the actual differential factor that America has from all these other countries.

For once we agree on something, Video games, movies and music have nothing to do with any of the mass shootings occurring in the USA. But where we disagree is the differential factor you speak of.

- Yes there are about 35,000 deaths due to guns every year in the USA
- Yes the vast majority of "Mass Shootings" the shooter have an AR15 in their possession

HOWEVER

- Out of the 35,000 people killed every year by a gun 2/3rds of those are suicides
- You are 4X more likely to be stabbed than to be shot in the USA
- The vast majority of GUN violence are committed using a handgun not Ar15 or similar types of rifles
- As gun ownership dramatically increased in the last 25 years the rate of violent crimes has dramatically decreased
- It is estimated that anywhere from 500,000 - 3,000,000 violent crimes are prevented every year by legally carrying gun owners. (Yet we hardly hear of these stories)
- NRA members are 95% more likely to take a course on gun safety than non members
- If you have any violent/abusive/criminal history you will not pass a background check
- Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and about 22 more countries have a higher rate of violent crime (per 1,000,000 pop) than the USA
- What works in Canada, the UK or Australia will not work in the USA no matter how much you want it to.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

This interests me:
Nedroj wrote: If you have any violent/abusive/criminal history you will not pass a background check

Are background checks currently a requirement for gun and ammunition ownership in the U.S., or only in some states?

Do these background checks also include any kind of mental health flags? (For example, the recent incident in Florida involved a man who had been reported several times for threatening and volatile behaviour. It would seem to me those reports should have flagged him as someone who would need further scrutiny before purchasing guns and ammunition, and yet in this case that didn't happen.)
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Omnitheo wrote:In Canada, we play the same games as the US. We listen to the same music. We watch the same movies. Yet our gun violence rate is far lower. The same goes for Australia. Great Britain . New Zealand. Japan, Brazil.

The United States of America should be granted the alias "The Great Deceiver"

The reason for all the "American made" school shootings is called "movie making" & "story telling" these events are not actual events, the United States is set apart and different from these "other" countries because they are home to Hollywood, the maker of actors and theater.

Casting spells on its audience, people love it! being taken for a ride that is.

From Sandy Hook through to Florida - psychological operations.

It is the easily hypnotised and gullible who continue to fall for the repeated and on-going narrative.

These other countries have fewer gun problems and school shootings because they are not trying to take their citizens guns away.

The citizens of the United States are wise, they have laws in place to protect their rights and freedoms - rights to protect themselves from tyrannical governments and its members, they hold fast and they hold strong.

The same thing CANNOT be said about Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Japan or Brazil because we as a collective have already given up our rights and freedoms to be cooperative and good children.

Our guns are under their control already.

We are after all living under a dictatorship/Monarchy (of thieves and frauds) which the majority of so-called Canadians do not realize.

The US citizens are still fighting a fight we gave up on long ago.

The Powers that be in the US use these theater events to evoke emotionalism, a cry for "something to be done" then laws are passed or rights are amended and the US citizens are disarmed, like the rest of us.

Canada is America also.
Brass Monkey
Lord of the Board

Post by Brass Monkey »

Because_They_Lie wrote:

The United States of America should be granted the alias "The Great Deceiver"

The reason for all the "American made" school shootings is called "movie making" & "story telling" these events are not actual events, the United States is set apart and different from these "other" countries because they are home to Hollywood, the maker of actors and theater.

Casting spells on its audience, people love it! being taken for a ride that is.

From Sandy Hook through to Florida - psychological operations.

It is the easily hypnotised and gullible who continue to fall for the repeated and on-going narrative.

These other countries have fewer gun problems and school shootings because they are not trying to take their citizens guns away.

The citizens of the United States are wise, they have laws in place to protect their rights and freedoms - rights to protect themselves from tyrannical governments and its members, they hold fast and they hold strong.

The same thing CANNOT be said about Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Japan or Brazil because we as a collective have already given up our rights and freedoms to be cooperative and good children.

Our guns are under their control already.

We are after all living under a dictatorship/Monarchy (of thieves and frauds) which the majority of so-called Canadians do not realize.

The US citizens are still fighting a fight we gave up on long ago.

The Powers that be in the US use these theater events to evoke emotionalism, a cry for "something to be done" then laws are passed or rights are amended and the US citizens are disarmed, like the rest of us.

Canada is America also.

Here in Canada our right to firearm ownership has never been made into a constitutional amendment and we have never been outright disarmed either. The most tyrannical aspect of American society are the gun owners shooting children on a weekly basis.
“I have reason to believe that the agents as a whole … are doing all they can, by refusing food until the Indians are on the verge of starvation, to reduce the expense." - Sir John A. MacDonald
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Brass Monkey wrote:
Here in Canada our right to firearm ownership has never been made into a constitutional amendment and we have never been outright disarmed either. The most tyrannical aspect of American society are the gun owners shooting children on a weekly basis.

*bleep*?? So are you actually saying that all gun owners are shooting children on a weekly basis? Its people like you that are the problem with society. Gross over generalization on a serious matter in order to perpetuate a complete lie to public all for virtue signalling. Please go do some research as you are sounding like a typical SJW millennial.

500,000 - 3,000,000 million violent crimes are prevented by legal gun owners
8/10 crimes committed with a gun, the perpetrator was not legally able to own a gun
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

rustled wrote:This interests me:
Nedroj wrote: If you have any violent/abusive/criminal history you will not pass a background check

Are background checks currently a requirement for gun and ammunition ownership in the U.S., or only in some states?

Do these background checks also include any kind of mental health flags? (For example, the recent incident in Florida involved a man who had been reported several times for threatening and volatile behaviour. It would seem to me those reports should have flagged him as someone who would need further scrutiny before purchasing guns and ammunition, and yet in this case that didn't happen.)

Yes all guns sold by a legal firearms dealership are required to submit the clients info to the FBI for review. The FBI cross references that application to their list of people that have committed any form of domestic abuse, violent crime, firearms related crimes and have ever been institutionalized to a mental hospital.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:This interests me:

Nedroj wrote:Yes all guns sold by a legal firearms dealership are required to submit the clients info to the FBI for review. The FBI cross references that application to their list of people that have committed any form of domestic abuse, violent crime, firearms related crimes and have ever been institutionalized to a mental hospital.

Thanks, Nedroj.

So, it looks like you have to have already committed those crimes (the list makes sense), or have been committed to an institution (which probably makes sense in many cases), to be restricted at all, is that correct?

If so, should this be "good enough", given this example of serious concerns having been expressed to the FBI about this fellow's mental health and his intentions? Maybe there are practical improvements to be made.

Also, given that the restriction you've described is for "dealerships", is there currently anything in place to restrict someone from purchasing firearms from other individuals (non-dealerships)?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Seems like common sense to me, more guns = more deaths.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ics-charts
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Nedroj wrote:
HOWEVER

- As gun ownership dramatically increased in the last 25 years the rate of violent crimes has dramatically decreased
- It is estimated that anywhere from 500,000 - 3,000,000 violent crimes are prevented every year by legally carrying gun owners. (Yet we hardly hear of these stories)
- If you have any violent/abusive/criminal history you will not pass a background check
- Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and about 22 more countries have a higher rate of violent crime (per 1,000,000 pop) than the USA
- What works in Canada, the UK or Australia will not work in the USA no matter how much you want it to.

:spitcoffee: [icon_lol2.gif]

Unfortunately, there is this inconvient fact among others:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... al-illness
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Nedroj wrote:
- You are 4X more likely to be stabbed than to be shot in the USA

This one here is totally misleading because this statement would be true if you had said, " You are 4X more likely to be stabbed than to be shot by a Rifle in the USA."

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/30/fbi-d ... h-a-rifle/
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Breaking News - Police descend on Napa County veterans home after gunman opens fire, takes hostages.

YOUNTVILLE — The Yountville Veterans Home in Napa County was placed on lockdown Friday morning after reports a gunman opened fire near the facility’s main dining hall and took hostages, authorities said.

“The safety of our residents, workers and the community is our top priority,” the state Department of Veterans Affairs said in a Twitter post. “We have activated our emergency response protocol and are cooperating with law enforcement.”

A California fire official affirmed to The Associated Press that an armed man took at least two hostages at the veterans home and described the incident as an “active shooter situation.” The Napa County Sheriff’s Office reported that shots had been fired, but there were no immediate reports of any casualties.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03/09/ ... f-gunfire/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “World”