Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~wrong

CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Pipelines and carbon taxes: We're thinking about them ~w

Post by CapitalB »

No amount of proof is good enough for you people. Hang on lets throw up a straw man and move the goal post.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

CapitalB wrote:No amount of proof is good enough for you people. Hang on lets throw up a straw man and move the goal post.

You've already done that, haven't you?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CapitalB wrote:No amount of proof is good enough for you people. Hang on lets throw up a straw man and move the goal post.

At this point I'd settle for some proof, but you and the rest of the AGW-pushing science-deniers can't even provide that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Just because you choose not to look at the evidence doesn't make it cease to exist.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

"Most people" don't get a tax break from the stupid carbon tax. This is just pure garbage.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:Just because you choose not to look at the evidence doesn't make it cease to exist.

What evidence???? What the hell are you talking about???
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote: Deniers are arguing for Now results, .

on this we can agree. Science deniers still pushing the AGW myth want to reach into our pockets NOW, for something that hasn't even been proven to exist.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Snman wrote:Never got a carbon tax rebate, not once. Now I feel really cheated. :-X

Me neither. "Most" people who pay most of the carbon tax don't get a credit. This is just another lie to try and justify this insanely stupid tax, that helps no one.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote:

"Most people" don't get a tax break from the stupid carbon tax. This is just pure garbage.

Ah, but getting people to argue about "who does and who doesn't get the carbon tax credit (and whether that's most people or not)" is a terrific way to avoid talking about whether or not there's any reasonable proof the carbon tax is an effective or efficient tool with which to change the climate.

But I suppose straw man arguments are only bad when "deniers" (a.k.a. those actually in favour of science-based policy) use them.

People who are comfortable with policy-based science (thanks, Cook et al) get to post whatever they like and we're supposed to accept whatever they post as "proof" that carbon taxes are a good thing. Consequences? Meh. Who needs to consider those when we're serving the greater good, and all that.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Canada”