Yer an idiot!

Home of the traffic rant.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Yer an idiot!

Post by kgcayenne »

In the video, I noticed the officer on the right held out his hand in the ‘stop’ position. Nobody stopped. That’s a problem.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

kgcayenne wrote:In the video, I noticed the officer on the right held out his hand in the ‘stop’ position. Nobody stopped. That’s a problem.

In all fairness, he was on the other side of the road and off the road as well - could be easy to miss for some people.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

TreeGuy wrote:You are driving down the highway.

You see a police incident ahead.

Then you see guns drawn.

Do you;

A. Stop and stay back from the scene and give the police room to handle the situation?

Or

B. Drive right past, while rubber necking and risk getting hit by a stray bullet and comprising the operation.

Click on the link to see what these morons did.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-219623-101-.htm#219623

How close does one have to be to see guns drawn? I would imagine you'd be pretty close before you realize what was actually happening - no offence, but at that point I'd continue to drive as well and get out of the line of fire.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dizzy1 wrote:How close does one have to be to see guns drawn? I would imagine you'd be pretty close before you realize what was actually happening - no offence, but at that point I'd continue to drive as well and get out of the line of fire.

Well if this was in the US I would pull over, get my AK47 or full auto AR15 out of the trunk and help the cops cause with their piddly little hand guns they are obviously under armed.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:
Well if this was in the US I would pull over, get my AK47 or full auto AR15 out of the trunk and help the cops cause with their piddly little hand guns they are obviously under armed.

Don't forget yer Velveeta :biggrin:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

^^^and fried Spam^^^
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

I drove my wife to West Kelowna to do some shopping. On a the way back to Kelowna while driving in the centre lane I was overtaken by one driver driving a compact sedan. From the right lane he needed to fill the 2 second void I was leaving between me and the guy in front of me. He no sooner completed that maneuver and a driver in front of him pulled the same stunt on him so he had to lay on the binders which put me in jeopardy, for what, slightly more than a second difference of when he got there? And he would have been the big loser in all this because he was the little car amongst much bigger vehicles. To be sure of my claim I have a dash cam if ever I need it. You sir are a first class idiot clown!
On the same section leading to the bridge I witnessed numerous vehicles in a line travelling 20 ft behind the next at 80 km / hr.
You sirs are all idiots.
Waste not
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

To the average looking guy in his 40's, who decided to walk across the bridge to West Kelowna using the West bound lane, how have you survived this long?

Every so often this nitwit would turn around to face the oncoming traffic that was missing him by inches, and stick out his thumb. Vehicles were honking as they swerved around him yet he still thought someone was going to stop on the bridge to pick him up. :200:

I've seen alot of dumb things but this perfectly average looking guy, took it to another level with a display of well above average stupidity.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Poindexter wrote:To the average looking guy in his 40's, who decided to walk across the bridge to West Kelowna using the West bound lane, how have you survived this long?

Every so often this nitwit would turn around to face the oncoming traffic that was missing him by inches, and stick out his thumb. Vehicles were honking as they swerved around him yet he still thought someone was going to stop on the bridge to pick him up. :200:

I've seen alot of dumb things but this perfectly average looking guy, took it to another level with a display of well above average stupidity.

Saw same thing and thought same as you, idiotic.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Full marks to the unmarked RCMP Chevy truck that had pulled over someone between Hudson and Boucherie in middle of rush hour. Do you know what kind of tailbacks you created when all you had to do was travel another half kilometre to the next exit where you could have pulled over safely without disrupting all the morning traffic. :swear:
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

dodgerdodge wrote:Full marks to the unmarked RCMP Chevy truck that had pulled over someone between Hudson and Boucherie in middle of rush hour. Do you know what kind of tailbacks you created when all you had to do was travel another half kilometre to the next exit where you could have pulled over safely without disrupting all the morning traffic. :swear:

That is just a little reminder to everyone passing by that it could be them sitting there for all to see. Mission accomplished.
If he was pulled over around the corner who would know and who would even slow down. It's seconds of time saved for what , crashes that cost everyone hours of delay. Who knows what the guy did to have the cop pull him over. I'm betting it was a real bonehead move to have the cop pull him over where he did.
After my little excursion to the west side the other day there should be more people pulled over, idiots.
Waste not
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Hopefully it was for texting while driving. Need more unmarked vehicles to patrol for this.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Boo to all of the idiots who don’t know you can turn left onto a one-way street while facing a red.

Without fail at Eckhart and Martin in Penticton 1-3 idiots will sit at a red with their signals on with zero traffic impeding their ability to turn left. As a result they wait for the green (no advanced left) and all the oncoming thru traffic and you wind up with maybe one or two making their turns before the red. As someone trying to go straight, you can take your chance in the outside lane, but have to cut back left before Winnipeg St. But that’s not the point, drivers need to learn!

I’ll excuse the out of provinc plates or the Enterprise decals. But if you have a BC plate I’m judging you.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Always Sunny wrote:Boo to all of the idiots who don’t know you can turn left onto a one-way street while facing a red.

Without fail at Eckhart and Martin in Penticton 1-3 idiots will sit at a red with their signals on with zero traffic impeding their ability to turn left. As a result they wait for the green (no advanced left) and all the oncoming thru traffic and you wind up with maybe one or two making their turns before the red. As someone trying to go straight, you can take your chance in the outside lane, but have to cut back left before Winnipeg St. But that’s not the point, drivers need to learn!

I’ll excuse the out of provinc plates or the Enterprise decals. But if you have a BC plate I’m judging you.

This is the same downtown West Kelowna. Drives me nuts. I think the Province should create a sign indicating it is okay to do so.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

TreeGuy wrote:
Always Sunny wrote:Boo to all of the idiots who don’t know you can turn left onto a one-way street while facing a red.

This is the same downtown West Kelowna. Drives me nuts. I think the Province should create a sign indicating it is okay to do so.

This too! Brown Rd onto Dobbin/97 northbound or Elliott Rd onto 97 sounthbound are two of the worst. And you can never honk at them because the whole problem is that they’re clueless to this rule.

There are signs at intersections where this is not allowed, but given it’s permitted at the majority of these intersections the province would be putting up hundreds of signs telling drivers what they should know already.

I remember taking my friend’s mom out once, right after she’d moved here from Ontario. I did this in Penticton and she thought I was trying to kill her. Welcome to BC! Time to become acquainted with our roads.

A scary difference between Ontario and BC is that here we have flashing green lights at intersections like 33/Mills Rd or Lakeshore/Lanfranco that we treat as a solid green (only turning red for pedestrians or long-waiting vehicles coming off the side road). In Ontario a flashing green is an advanced left turn. If seen far fewer over the years, but it exact same as the left green arrow. They were telling me how they’d turned left at one of these and got honked at and flipped off by oncoming traffic. Well yeah, thru traffic has the right of way.

You’d think this would be more standardized across the country. But I do love the ability to make a completely legal U-turn in an intersection facing a cop in Alberta. They got that move right.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”