Criminal charges for joint smoked a week ago??

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
yootuber

Criminal charges for joint smoked a week ago??

Post by yootuber »

According to bill C-46 if you smoke a joint on a Monday and get pulled over and tested on the following Monday and test positive for THC you will be criminally charged and fined $1000.00 and lose your license. Can you imagine a country even considering this nonsense?? They can't find a scientific solution to detecting impairment from THC so the next best idea is to just charge everybody....The Lawyers win again!
There's Danger on the edge of town!
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Criminal charges for joint smoked a week ago??

Post by CapitalB »

The whole things being handled in a crazy fashion.

I get the impression from reading the news that the federal and provincial governments, and the RCMP, and the canadian armed forces are all independently trying to solve this problem. If thats not a massive waste of money I don't know what is, couldn't they have just gotten together and done the same work?

Also its going to be really really hard for them to pin down an illegal amount of intoxication for something that barely intoxicates. I've felt more off normal from coffee and tobacco.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I can't see that lasting too long before it would be contested in Court.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Wow. It’s basically the equivalent of drinking a beer on a Friday night, and then getting pulled over and losing your job on Tuesday despite being completely sober.

I dont think it will hold up in courts
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This whole problem with finding a method to test for THC is ridiculous. All a cop has to do is wave a slice of pizza or a freshly baked cookie in the face of the alleged doper and depending on how long it takes him/her to grab one or the other will help to determine the amount of primo Ganga ingested.

MAn, these idiots overthink everything.
Last edited by mexi cali on Mar 9th, 2018, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

mexi cali wrote:This whole problem wit finding a method to test for THC is ridiculous. All a cop has to do is wave a slice of pizza or a freshly baked cookie in the face of the alleged doper and depending on how long it takes him/her to grab one or the other will help to determine the amount of Ganag ingested.

"Sir do you know why I pulled you over today?"

"Uhhhh..."

"Just wanted to offer you a slice of pizza."

"Dude OMG"

"Also I'm giving you a DUI"
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
yootuber

Post by yootuber »

Bsuds wrote:I can't see that lasting too long before it would be contested in Court.

exactly my point! Part of the plan for legalizing and decriminalizing was to get it out of the courts and halting criminal records for using pot. This will cripple the courts schedules allowing more serious violent crimes to be less important and slip through the cracks, not to mention the windfall for lawyers who are sitting on the fence salivating. I'm fine with the job they are doing with alcohol and distracted driving tests etc etc BUT A WEEK OLD JOINT!
yootuber

Post by yootuber »

Driver: "Officer I'm sorry I ran the stop sign and missed that last red light"
Officer: "That's ok as long as you haven't smoked any pot in the last week oh and have a nice day"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Knowing drinking & driving has been around since before vehicles & idiots continue to do so to this day, how many millions of injuries & deaths have happened.
Driving stoned is not new, what new is the product that causes one to be stoned is going to be legalized. So end resulted more stoned drivers on the road (anyone who does not believe this, just look at Washington State records before & after pot was legalized)
So how many more innocent lives are going to be lost to as :cuss: holes who just don't get it, don't drink or use drugs & drive.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
yootuber

Post by yootuber »

GordonH wrote:Knowing drinking & driving has been around since before vehicles & idiots continue to do so to this day, how many millions of injuries & deaths have happened.
Driving stoned is not new, what new is the product that causes one to be stoned is going to be legalized. So end resulted more stoned drivers on the road (anyone who does not believe this, just look at Washington State records before & after pot was legalized)
So how many more innocent lives are going to be lost to as :cuss: holes who just don't get it, don't drink or use drugs & drive.

OFF TOPIC - I guess thats why people have so many posts. lol
Any way let's say you have a beer or glass of wine on March 01 2018 and a cop pulls you over today and you blow over because they haven't come with a proper test yet. And you are fined $1000 plus lose your license etc etc???
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

This thread isn't about driving while stoned.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

yootuber wrote:According to bill C-46 if you smoke a joint on a Monday and get pulled over and tested on the following Monday and test positive for THC you will be criminally charged and fined $1000.00 and lose your license. Can you imagine a country even considering this nonsense?? They can't find a scientific solution to detecting impairment from THC so the next best idea is to just charge everybody....The Lawyers win again!

I think it is intended to get your attention and make your think twice before you smoke a fatty when you go out driving.
If you get in an accident you can be expected to have to blow or spit or whatever the test may be.
I don't expect a cop to pull anyone over just on speculation. You will need to violate a traffic law to be noticed. That is why so many couriers get pulled over, simple stuff like blowing a stop sign. Stupid stuff.
Waste not
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

mexi cali wrote:This whole problem wit finding a method to test for THC is ridiculous. All a cop has to do is wave a slice of pizza or a freshly baked cookie in the face of the alleged doper and depending on how long it takes him/her to grab one or the other will help to determine the amount of Ganag ingested.

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bill C-46 ... full bill in link at bottom

Amendments to the Criminal Code

1 Section 253 of the Criminal Code is amended by adding the following after subsection (2):

Operation while impaired — blood drug concentration

(3) Subject to subsection (4), everyone commits an offence who has within two hours after ceasing to operate a motor vehicle or vessel or after ceasing to operate or to assist in the operation of an aircraft or of railway equipment or after ceasing to have the care or control of a motor vehicle, vessel, aircraft or railway equipment

(a) a blood drug concentration that is equal to or exceeds the blood drug concentration for the drug that is prescribed by regulation;

(b) a blood drug concentration that is equal to or exceeds the blood drug concentration for the drug that is prescribed by regulation and that is less than the concentration prescribed for the purposes of paragraph (a); or

(c) a blood alcohol concentration and a blood drug concentration that is equal to or exceeds the blood alcohol concentration and the blood drug concentration for the drug that are prescribed by regulation for instances where alcohol and that drug are combined.

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42 ... rd-reading
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
yootuber

Post by yootuber »

lol not sure what it is about forums but it seems it's all about how many posts one can make without any thought or substance to the topic at hand. That being said maybe "impairment" is not what they should be looking for in drivers that use pot. There's an old saying and it's called "common sense" if you feel you are not quite right whether it be prescription drugs, weed anything you may have ingested do NOT get behind the wheel of a vehicle and possibly harm yourself or anyone else. The worst drivers are the ones that don`t smoke weed or drink or anything and go out there and create havoc and get in accident after accident and are still out there but no one ever talks about them lol `but I don`t want to get off topic`:)

Return to “Social Concerns”