Kinder Morgan protestors

normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Kinder Morgan protestors

Post by normaM »

You hang out with the upper crust of KM Greenie?
At least the protesters are passionate and do more than shoot off their yap on a forum :)
Pity the name Prophets of rage already taken
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

normaM wrote:You hang out with the upper crust of KM Greenie?

No, I wish! They probably drink much better wine.

At least the protesters are passionate and do more than shoot off their yap on a forum :)

Yes, it's passion all right. Misguided and stupid, but passion. I wish they would direct that passion to more fruitful pursuits. When your stated goal of your protest is to cost the economy $500 million, that's just plain dumb.

Not sure I know what that is but how about Profits of Big Green?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

normaM wrote:At least the protesters are passionate and do more than shoot off their yap on a forum :)

You might be onto something there.. Perhaps everyone supporting the KM expansion should gather in a show of support somewhere along the pipeline right of way, Kamloops would be a good location for a show of support because of its centralized location.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Only problem with that concept, is that the people who support such things, are employed, and have job responsibilities to tend to.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

normaM wrote:I did like the Bill and Justin debate
"I have been to Fort McMurray, Alta. – it really is an amazing place in the most troubling way," Nye said.

Trudeau crapped the bed on that too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/22 ... ut-off-oil

Wow. Guess these worthless paid protesters are gonna get what they want.

Why wont anyone do a thing to stop this insanity.

JT is looking like rip van winkle
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

WOW!!! She is playing hardball now, and good for her.

Get rid of these no mind protesters and NDP government immediately. Lets get on with life.

Notley threat to cut off oil
The Canadian Press - Mar 8, 2018 / 3:13 pm | Story: 220652

Alberta Premier Rachel Notley is threatening to turn off the oil taps in a fight with British Columbia over the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion.

Notley won't say if she would cut off B.C. or the rest of Canada — or both — but says her government is ready to pass legislation to make it happen.

"Our key focus is getting people's attention on the matter," Notley told a news conference Thursday prior to the speech from the throne to open the next session of the legislature.

"We're not interested in creating any kind of crisis in any way, shape or form. We're going to be measured. We're going to be careful."

The $7.4-billion pipeline expansion would triple the amount of Alberta crude going from Edmonton to ports and refineries in B.C.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government approved the Kinder Morgan project in 2016, but the pipeline has since faced permit fights and challenges from the B.C. government.

Alberta has already imposed and pulled back on a ban of wine from B.C., but Notley said the government will not stand for further delays and harassment.

She said the project is vital to Alberta and to the rest of Canada, and the country is forgoing thousands of jobs and millions of dollars in lost revenue due to pipeline bottlenecks.

"There are many tools that we also have between our previous wine ban and this tool," said Notley.

"All we are doing is making sure that our tools are at the ready, because it is important for Albertans to understand that we are going to stand up to protect the interests of Albertans on this matter."

The announcement echoes action taken in 1980 by former Alberta premier Peter Lougheed in a showdown with the federal government.

Lougheed announced phased cuts to oil flows amounting to 15 per cent over nine months as well as the cancellation of two large oilsands developments after Pierre Trudeau's Liberals brought in the national energy program with its price controls, new taxes and revenue sharing.

The two sides brokered a compromise after Lougheed turned off the taps.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/22 ... ut-off-oil
Bring back the LIKE button.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

lordly Greenie If I was young and single I'd stalk you - always enjoy our " chats"
I bet they get wine with cork stoppers instead of twist offs. Haughty effers
I would protest something but so many things tick me off I instead look at videos of cute baby animals
but one day
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

normaM wrote:You hang out with the upper crust of KM Greenie?

You do know that they are payed to be there by Big Oil from the US , right ????

All these asshats are passionate about is getting payed to harass hard working people.. Oh , and how did they get to the protest site ?

Not on bicycles....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
ninetyninepct
Fledgling

Post by ninetyninepct »

With President Trump's tariffs, Canada will have to find other markets and should have done so decades ago. I wonder if revenue Canada is taking names and pictures and intend on doing audits on these terrorists. It will be interesting to see where they get their income.

Do they realize that having an arrest record blocks them from ever crossing the American border or even across the States by air? They will be on a No-fly list, possibly for life. Even their partners, spouses and children will be suspected. America equates protests like this with a form of terrorism.

Sucks to be them.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

normaM wrote:lordly Greenie If I was young and single I'd stalk you - always enjoy our " chats"

Not sure if this is a compliment or?

I bet they get wine with cork stoppers instead of twist offs. Haughty effers

Yeah, I wonder what that's like?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

If the pipeline is stopped what stops people from blocking steel shipments are whatever
because they don't like what the US is doing with the steel. Trump maybe on to something here.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

christopher wrote:If the pipeline is stopped what stops people from blocking steel shipments are whatever
because they don't like what the US is doing with the steel. Trump maybe on to something here.

people could barricade post offices to stop the shipment of welfare cheques. That would cut off 95% of the protestor life blood.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Maybe the protesters will protest steel being sent to the USA because they know it is going to be used to build aircraft carriers and other war related items?
Bring back the LIKE button.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The problem with "protestors" these days, is that protesting everything has become an industry in the sense that lots of folks make money off it - doesn't matter what the protest subject is. That also means that it gets perverted to and by money interests.

Protesting, if you look at the Civil Rights movement in the US, was a genuine thing - as were the anti - Viet Nam war protests. But out of the war protests in 1960s protesting became "a happening" for some.

The other thing that happened was that some relatively unsavory groups, and people with some very anti-social worldviews, subverted a lot of protests, and took the meaning away. That kind of started in this part of the world with the anarchist group the Vancouver Yippies...

Combine that with the big money flowing into so called "environmentalist" groups from some very questionable sources, and it is really, really hard to take the anti-pipeline protestors very seriously.

I am not sure if this account is entirely accurate: https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/194-sierra-club/

... but if so, it smells badly, and so does George Heyman (who was the BC Sierra club head honcho...).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Club

"Between 2007 and 2010, the Sierra Club accepted over 25 million US dollars in donations from the gas industry, mostly from Aubrey McClendon, CEO of Chesapeake Energy, one of the biggest gas drilling companies in the US and a firm heavily involved in fracking.[17]"

The damning account of the Sierra Club lines up with my experience as a club member waaay back. It went from conservation and activity orientation to pretty radical positions. Both my father and I quit the Sierra Club...

That kind of thing really makes me wonder if the folks that are ginning up the nonsense about the pipeline/tankers are anything more than a collection of anarchists and paid shills that have mislead some folks who have good intentions.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “B.C.”