Towers planned next to mall

Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Towers planned next to mall

Post by Catri »

I agree this is a good spot for apartment towers. As far as the view goes I'm not sure how high you have to be, but there are some mls photos from a listing on the 14th floor of the building next door and while you can technically see the lake from there, it's not exactly a mind-blowing lake view. https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... fieldSpall
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Catri wrote:I agree this is a good spot for apartment towers. As far as the view goes I'm not sure how high you have to be, but there are some mls photos from a listing on the 14th floor of the building next door and while you can technically see the lake from there, it's not exactly a mind-blowing lake view. https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... fieldSpall

I think the dirt pimps call that a peek a boo view.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Catri wrote:I agree this is a good spot for apartment towers. As far as the view goes I'm not sure how high you have to be, but there are some mls photos from a listing on the 14th floor of the building next door and while you can technically see the lake from there, it's not exactly a mind-blowing lake view. https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Sing ... fieldSpall

Holy crap. did you check out the price of that view??
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

vinnied wrote:Holy crap. did you check out the price of that view??

That's why it's called Park Place, I guess. The only one more expensive is Boardwalk!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

vinnied wrote:Holy crap. did you check out the price of that view??
I know, it's crazy and it's not even the most expensive listing in the building. Also some of that view will probably be blocked by the proposed tower development...something to think about in case you have a spare million burning a hole in your pocket and a hankerin' to live in an apartment.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

wonder what the strata fees are on a million dollar apartment
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

vinnied wrote:wonder what the strata fees are on a million dollar apartment

It's on the listing, $596.98/mth.
Bring back the LIKE button.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

it says they are $597 a mth..what an insane price for a condo in such a small city like ours...
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

W105 wrote:it says they are $597 a mth..what an insane price for a condo in such a small city like ours...

That’s a fascinating interpretation for condo pricing.....
We are probably the 4th or 5th most expensive place in Canada for real estate pricing and you are on the record noting how expensive we are here. We live in a beautiful area and our city really isn’t that small any more so the pricing isn’t surprising as you would indicate. :135:
You and 71 others Like this post
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

it is simply my opinion on the price LANDM...nothing more...with respect I am certainly getting tired of you schooling me constantly about where we live and why it's so expensive to live here...I actually live here too and I know how beautiful it is and I know how expensive it is..
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Well now they have your attention the site where Safeway is on Leckie Road has been sold to a Vancouver developer. It is classed as mixed use see what happens next.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

W105 wrote:it is simply my opinion on the price LANDM...nothing more...with respect I am certainly getting tired of you schooling me constantly about where we live and why it's so expensive to live here...I actually live here too and I know how beautiful it is and I know how expensive it is..

You tire very easily then as I am not aware of constantly schooling you on anything.

I am simply responding to a comment that you made on a discussion forum. As far as I know, we both live here and it was you that said how insane the pricing was. As a reasonable and on topic response, I pointed out that it is not insane at all with the reasons why. If you know how expensive it is here, the pricing comment makes no sense.

Nevertheless, get some sleep if you are tired.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

W105 wrote:it says they are $597 a mth..what an insane price for a condo in such a small city like ours...
LANDM wrote:
We are probably the 4th or 5th most expensive place in Canada for real estate pricing and you are on the record noting how expensive we are here. We live in a beautiful area and our city really isn’t that small any more so the pricing isn’t surprising as you would indicate. :135:

I have to agree with the opinion that $600 a month for Condo "fees" is a bit high. What exactly are they getting for that?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Maybe we can contact the realtor and get a breakdown.
I paid $200 per month for a bare land strata. All there was was a common access road and gate. The fees helped clear the road of snow and sand and salt it when necessary. Money in the bank meant that the road could be repaved in the future.
Waste not
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Bsuds wrote:
LANDM wrote:

I have to agree with the opinion that $600 a month for Condo "fees" is a bit high. What exactly are they getting for that?

Strata fees are simply a function of the budget for the upcoming year to operate the strata divided by the specific units share of the building. What they are getting is their specific share of operating, maintaining, and repairing that building and property, along with adding to a future contingency reserve for future capital costs.
It’s just a sum of a bunch of line items and is not random in any way. If the unit is huge, then it’s entitlement will be larger and will have a higher cost per month. There will probably be units in that building that pay less than half of that.

Return to “Central Okanagan”