dle
Lord of the Board

Re: Defending property with force....Castanet poll

Post by dle »

sorry, the columns weren't very easy to read...hopefully this comes out better:

Other violent violations3 37,795 1,689 1,924 5,203 7,945
Property crime violations 1,163,647 67,136 75,405 221,390 237,649
Breaking and entering 159,119 9,592 10,205 27,989 29,841

lol- no better you will have to wade through them yourself (or easier yet click on the link in the first post I did for this :D )
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

CapitalB wrote:Since I know some people here don't like clicking links and reading whats in them heres a picture.
So there you have it, low crime rates, larger population, that means lowest crime rates ever (per capita), and even just in general.

I'm sure crime might be down in Iqaluit Nunavut or Thompson Manitoba but here in the Central Okanagan of BC, where this forum is about, the stats clearly show that the statement "crime rates have never been lower. Literally the safest its ever been." are totally and 100% false.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Yes the crime rate per capita is the lowest its been, and steadily decreasing, population is also steadily growing.

But don't take that as a reason to let your guard down, look at it this way with a country population in 2016 of 36,290,000 and 1,900,000 reported crimes (not including traffic offenses) Means you have a 1 in 19 chance of being a victim of a crime.
Yes the rate is declining, but 1 in 19 is still something I think we should not take lightly.

There were almost 1.9 million police-reported Criminal Code incidents (excluding traffic) reported by police in 2016, approximately 27,700 more incidents than in 2015.

After notable increases in property offences in 2015, police-reported crime rates for all types of property crimes decreased or remained the same in 2016, with the exception of theft of $5,000 or under and total fraud. The rate of total fraud, which includes general fraud (+14%)

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2 ... 42-eng.htm
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Jhunter199 wrote:Yes the crime rate per capita is the lowest its been, and steadily decreasing, population is also steadily growing.

But don't take that as a reason to let your guard down, look at it this way with a country population in 2016 of 36,290,000 and 1,900,000 reported crimes (not including traffic offenses) Means you have a 1 in 19 chance of being a victim of a crime.
Yes the rate is declining, but 1 in 19 is still something I think we should not take lightly.

There were almost 1.9 million police-reported Criminal Code incidents (excluding traffic) reported by police in 2016, approximately 27,700 more incidents than in 2015.

After notable increases in property offences in 2015, police-reported crime rates for all types of property crimes decreased or remained the same in 2016, with the exception of theft of $5,000 or under and total fraud. The rate of total fraud, which includes general fraud (+14%)

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2 ... 42-eng.htm

Yes, and also "police-reported" crime rates could very easily be down because people don't bother calling them to report anything like this anymore because they know all they will be told is that the police won't be attending. Why waste our breath?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

JagXKR wrote:
Did you not read this:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ays-attend

“We will probably not be responding to theft from automobiles anywhere with an emergency vehicle, but we will be taking a call over the phone and giving a file number for insurance purposes… That will in turn allow us to patrol more.”

And this

De Jager said Penticton RCMP responded to 744 thefts from vehicles in 2017 and charged only three people.

744 thefts and 3 charged. With more patrols are they hoping that they might charge 5 or 6? Maybe they can start blaming the victims again, like they always do.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Theft form an unattended vehicle poses no direct danger to you or anyone else, Bsuds specifically stated if someone is trying to gain entry to your house while you are in it - that is something completely different, your references specifically reference thefts from unattended vehicles. If you were sitting in your car and someone was trying to gain access, you bet your *bleep* the cops would show up.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Fledgling

Post by 7600736 »

mexi cali wrote:I will stand up and defend my right to protect my property, my home and my family in a court of law. What I won't do is allow anyone to try and take it from me.

Here is a handy home criminal deterent product readily available at your local HD or HH.

Effective and cheap. Burns the eyes somethin fierce. Guaranteed to stop an aresehole dead in his tracks and if he happens to accidentally ingest enough and he's maybe a bit on the delicate side?? Why, just plain dead!!

Why, it even says "defense system" on the can and it sprays up to 22 feet!! Yee haw, come on in and try some jack wagon.

raid.jpg

A 12 gauge shotgun loaded with rock salt is also an excellent non-lethal weapon. Scares the crap out of whoever it is pointed at, and if they still come at you, you can unload it into their face and still not kill them - they'll be blind and very sore, but not dead. I'm not sure if it could even be classified as a
deadly weapon loaded only with salt.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

JagXKR wrote:

Did you not read this:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ays-attend

“We will probably not be responding to theft from automobiles anywhere with an emergency vehicle, but we will be taking a call over the phone and giving a file number for insurance purposes… That will in turn allow us to patrol more.”

For what I wonder? Seriously....not sure what their job description is anymore.....
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

pellet guns work great for those of you who do not or can not get a real one , just follow the rules and you will be ok http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-f ... ir-eng.htm http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/sports-re ... ories.html paint ball guns hurt like a sob [icon_lol2.gif] too https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=a9_sc_1/143 ... 1520543345 they will leave bruises for months sometimes :smt045
Last edited by the truth on Mar 8th, 2018, 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

7600736 wrote:
A 12 gauge shotgun loaded with rock salt is also an excellent non-lethal weapon. Scares the crap out of whoever it is pointed at, and if they still come at you, you can unload it into their face and still not kill them - they'll be blind and very sore, but not dead. I'm not sure if it could even be classified as a

Careful with that. It's still a firearm, even if it's just shooting the wadding.
And I wouldn't suggest to shoot someone in the face with it, the intent and the act opens up considerable criminal and civil issues.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

dle wrote:JagXKR wrote:

For what I wonder? Seriously....not sure what their job description is anymore.....

They're just in it for that sweet sweet speeding ticket money.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bman wrote:
7600736 wrote:

Careful with that. It's still a firearm, even if it's just shooting the wadding.
And I wouldn't suggest to shoot someone in the face with it, the intent and the act opens up considerable criminal and civil issues.

Assault with a deadly weapon is the 1st thing that comes to mind, regardless of what the projectile is. Even rock salt at close range can kill. You would be better off using a sling shot loaded with a marble and aim for the head.
With modifications, a deadly version can be made from a piece of PVC pipe that will shoot darts capable of shooting darts capable of killing. The best part is that they are completely legal in Canada.

(1) Never point a deadly weapon at something that you don't intend to kill.
(2) Dead men can't sue.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

A slingshot with a marble aimed at the head can easily kill too. :200:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its more about these junkies scumbags entering your home --break and enter --when we-family members- are at home :swear:

some of you people want to take a chance with your families safety, i never will , i have been around guns and been firing and handling them for 41 years --fyi-- people---some of us know how to use them, not like some of the millions of morons in the usa.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
wisdom01

Post by wisdom01 »

oldtrucker wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:Thieves?...Clack-Clack...Boom! Waste 'em! That's how I voted anyway.

Edit--- "Waste 'em!" Do thieves deserve to die? Maybe just shot in the right hand...they won't steal again.
And the elephant is...This topic shares a shadow with the "thou Shalt Not Kill" thread by 'mexicali'.

Do thieves deserve to die? At what point would a person make that call? You know that if you let them go, you won't see any justice(or your stuff or any insurance replacement).
Property crimes are hardly punished by the system...so, is using lethal force the only justice the thief and the victim will see?
What is 'force' and to what extent do you dish it out? At what point would you quit before things might turn lethal? At what point would you "waste 'em "'?

Actually if more did die way less of this would happen.

It's called cause and affect ... you steal and you could get shot ... maybe with that in mind you might make a better choice.

Sadly tho in today's liberal, prissy PC world there is no accountability, worst that happens is buddy gets a few days of free food and lodging with his other buddies and then is back on the street to terrorize society ... win/win in their eyes.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dle wrote:to clarify: unless someone is hurt in the process of a THEFT....of course they'll come if you are under attack or being threatened...totally different conversation....

I was surprised to see an RCMP car in front of my neighbors house yesterday. Several cars had been stolen from the night before and he was investigating the crime. Must of been a slow day.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Central Okanagan”