Threat @ Boucherie

kidpiglet

Re: Threat @ Boucherie

Post by kidpiglet »

I have a son who attends mtboo. Im going to call the school and board to tell them what a load this is. My son will not be attending school friday. This has not in anyway been handle to protect our children.

Would anyone parents be interested in a rally outside the school on thurs or fri??
Tradesman
Fledgling

Post by Tradesman »

I will pull my kid from school Friday even though I think it's unlikely. The main reason being is if something did happen I would have a hard time living with myself knowing that I could have avoided it.
:)
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

kidpiglet wrote:I have a son who attends mtboo. Im going to call the school and board to tell them what a load this is. My son will not be attending school friday. This has not in anyway been handle to protect our children.

Would anyone parents be interested in a rally outside the school on thurs or fri??

contact the PAC they should have an email list for the parents, you won't get much on here.

Contact info:

http://www.mbs.sd23.bc.ca/Parents/paren ... fault.aspx

Good luck! Taking action I like it. Looking forward to seeing this organized
kidpiglet

Post by kidpiglet »

gman313 wrote:
kidpiglet wrote:I have a son who attends mtboo. Im going to call the school and board to tell them what a load this is. My son will not be attending school friday. This has not in anyway been handle to protect our children.

contact the PAC they should have an email list for the parents, you won't get much on here.

Contact info:

http://www.mbs.sd23.bc.ca/Parents/paren ... fault.aspx

Good luck! Taking action I like it. Looking forward to seeing this organized

Thanks!! I would like to think we could come together for something this important. Im not ok with the handling of this at all. Even from tuesday when my son came home telling me about the "rumor" to the letter we got friday saying its been "handled". It takes not even 2 days for them to email us a bunch of info on how to talk to your child after any event in to US. But all we get in our own backyard is this. BS!
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Perhaps he's been bullied for long enough and he finally snapped and only said something out of desperation to make it stop? Everybody else is speculating maybe I will too before you burn him at the stake. A lot of people giving strong opinions for having no first-hand knowledge of facts other than what they read
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Am123

Post by Am123 »

Ever stop and ask yourself what drives these kids to the point where they threaten to kill their peers?

I was bullied in highschool really bad and I thought about killing the jocks all the time, I also thought about killing myself. If social media existed back then I probadly would have made a threat like this.

More often then not these kids are either atypical or bullied, they're hardly ever monsters possessed by satin or whatever which it seems like everyone would rather believe.

If you have a kid at this school why not ask them how this student is treated day to day and if they are getting bullied. If they are, send the Lynch mob after the little sh1ts doing the bullying and try showing their victims some compassion.

Obviously threats like this have repercussions but you can still show compassion while administering consequences...after all that's just basic parenting isn't it?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

having 3 kids just done with high school one thing i do know is that my kids always said schools talk a good game on tv about how they do the best they can about no bullying in schools, but in general , they do nothing, even when they know about it
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

common_sense_guy wrote:Perhaps he's been bullied for long enough and he finally snapped and only said something out of desperation to make it stop? Everybody else is speculating maybe I will too before you burn him at the stake. A lot of people giving strong opinions for having no first-hand knowledge of facts other than what they read

You could very possibly be right in that he has suffered at the hands of bullies, or abusive violent parents, etc. and that's a terrible thing and one could see how a kid could just flip. However, in the case of shooting threats at school, nothing can be left to chance, or empathy. He is old enough to know that type of threat has zero tolerance and will (should) be met with the most severe of consequences.

I think that If he's been a victim of abuse in any way, he needs to talk to his school counsellor or the police right away.

It doesn't APPEAR to be a stupid mouthy statement that just burst out in a fit of anger since after his 1 day suspension he STILL warned his friends to wear red hats! So no, sorry, IMHO the kid is using the threat as a threat, not a spontaneous outburst.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

the truth wrote:schools talk a good game on tv about how they do the best they can about no bullying in schools, but in general , they do nothing, even when they know about it

And that's the truth.
Tradesman
Fledgling

Post by Tradesman »

Jx3 wrote:
the truth wrote:schools talk a good game on tv about how they do the best they can about no bullying in schools, but in general , they do nothing, even when they know about it

And that's the truth.

yes it is! My kid has even been bullied buy a teacher. Imagine a teacher telling your kid "nobody is going to love you when you grow up".
:)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:having 3 kids just done with high school one thing i do know is that my kids always said schools talk a good game on tv about how they do the best they can about no bullying in schools, but in general , they do nothing, even when they know about it

here is a perfect example on how they deal---not-- :swear: with issues https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220575
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
parent123
Board Meister

Post by parent123 »

kidpiglet wrote:Thanks!! I would like to think we could come together for something this important. Im not ok with the handling of this at all. Even from tuesday when my son came home telling me about the "rumor" to the letter we got friday saying its been "handled". It takes not even 2 days for them to email us a bunch of info on how to talk to your child after any event in to US. But all we get in our own backyard is this. BS!

I am quite dismayed as well by the school district's handling of this. We get emails almost immediately when a school shooting happens in US - and nothing when a threat is here. Really ?

Through media, they have basically said "don't worry - we have this". I would like to know how they know that, what they have done to ensure nothing will happen.. etc.

Had the school district, and the police given the public a bit more details about this up front, the rumours may not have started that this guy is coming for KSS students today instead.

Police have said the KSS threat is not valid. Period. Well.... please explain because students and parents are still uneasy about this.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220680 nice to see parents sticking together on this one, someone needs to be fired ,on how this was handled by the school
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

I'm sorry - but this is starting to resemble fear-mongering run amok, once again at the hands of social media. Now calls of "someone needs to be fired!"?
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I think there are kids that have serious issues that used to vent as bullying or at least fighting back . The kids with issues have been turned into criminals on TV . Criminal for feeling pain . The pink shirts and “liberal” media sensationalizing their pain . To the point of ignition.

Yet people cant seem to figure out why . Yes things used to be tougher , or were they .
Strong and free

Return to “Central Okanagan”