Child abused in School

gman313
Lord of the Board

Child abused in School

Post by gman313 »

Wow, just wow. This is pretty typical all smoke and mirrors from the school district. I would have been *bleep* too if I was dad

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220575
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Child abused in School

Post by GordonH »

Wow, just when you couldn't imagine things could get any more sickening. Something like this comes to the surface.

What the hell is going on in household of the girl who did this to a grade 1'er
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Child abused in School

Post by gman313 »

If the comment in the article about the school putting her in the same class as the abuser for 30 min is true that is beyond ridiculous.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

gman313 wrote:If the comment in the article about the school putting her in the same class as the abuser for 30 min is true that is beyond ridiculous.

Very much so if true. School district (if true) needs to have whomever thought this was good idea fired on the spot. If BCTF objects to this firing, then they also are really f :cuss: ed up as well.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jasonjb

Re:Child abused in School

Post by jasonjb »

pretty disgusting if what was said is true. What a terrible way to handle the situation
Zia65

Post by Zia65 »

This principal needs to be fired. He/she called the cops, put the school on lock down and had the father banned from ALL schools in the district like he's the criminal, when his child is the victim? So much for our children feeling safe in school. Even when incidents like this are reported, it is the alleged abuser that has more rights than the alleged victim. No wonder our society is so messed up, when kids are taught at such a young age, that even if you report abuse, nothing will be done to protect you.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

If this story is accurate i would wager the principle will no longer be allowed to hold any authority over children ever again and will need to seek a new profession.

The first rule of any accusation of abuse is to remove the abused person from contact from the accused abuser.
I think the school has opened up a huge liability to the entire school district. I would recommend the mother contact a lawyer.

I could not be more disappointed (no not true, i am freaking mad) about the reaction of the school and the school board.

I would go so far as to say the principle is getting very close to child endangerment. If the story as presented is true.
arenoso

Post by arenoso »

Slow down folks... this is a terrible situation all around and I hope that both girls get the help and support they need. That being said, before we light our torches and get our pitchforks out, we need to remember a few things. Educators (teachers, principals, superintendents, etc) are bound by law to maintain confidentiality and follow the privacy act. They cannot respond publicly to any of these accusations, including their side of the story. That means we are only hearing one side. The downfall about social media and the internet in general is that there is no longer any such thing as "innocent until proven guilty". Don't believe me? Re-read some of the comments posted. Let's express shock and horror over the situation for sure.. it is awful. But we are not judge, jury and executioner, especially when we do not have all of the facts.
Just my 2 cents worth...
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

arenoso wrote:Slow down folks... this is a terrible situation all around and I hope that both girls get the help and support they need. That being said, before we light our torches and get our pitchforks out, we need to remember a few things. Educators (teachers, principals, superintendents, etc) are bound by law to maintain confidentiality and follow the privacy act. They cannot respond publicly to any of these accusations, including their side of the story. That means we are only hearing one side. The downfall about social media and the internet in general is that there is no longer any such thing as "innocent until proven guilty". Don't believe me? Re-read some of the comments posted. Let's express shock and horror over the situation for sure.. it is awful. But we are not judge, jury and executioner, especially when we do not have all of the facts.
Just my 2 cents worth...

Excellent point. There's clearly A LOT more to the story than we're being told and using the silence of the school board as evidence of some kind of guilt isn't right. Let the story pan out and get all the information. Hope the child gets the help he/she needs to get through this.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I too am a great believer in not jumping to conclusions before we have all the facts. Let's give it some time and see how this all plays out before making premature assumptions about guilt.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

If "let the story pan out" involves the principal taking the (alleged) victim to the same classroom as the (alleged) perp (we really need a different word for 9 year olds), then, no something is seriously wrong. Parents were given assurances, which apparently were not followed. Naturally the police have washed their hands. Presumably child social services is involved with the alleged Child B, who could very well be a victim of sexual abuse herself, otherwise where did she get such ideas. or she has been exposed to explicit sexual videos, who knows.
I am concerned with the violation of both children's right to privacy, because obviously everyone in the school is aware of who's who by now. The school should have started with putting a tail on the offender, when not under direct teacher supervision, e.g. for bathroom and recess visits.
I also hope the whole school has already been involved in programs on how to defend against and report sexual touching by anyone, and if they haven't, they better start immediately. If this little girl had been taught in the first place to defend herself and report, it would have likely saved her months of abuse.What happened to these educational programs, which used to be given to young children? Hopefully both children and their families will be getting the counselling and supervision that they should be getting to ensure this doesn't happen again.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

exactly what goes on when u have liberal snowflakes in charge of anything ;;shameful at best
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Schools in B.c. used to provide this program, how many do still? Kids need some way of dealing with sexual abuse in their daily encounters. They aren't born knowing what to do about it. Whether the adults are prepared to handle it after it is reported is another matter. Perhaps there needs to be some retraining of the staff as well.

http://www.redcross.ca/how-we-help/viol ... f-children

Schools could also go a long way toward improving parent-school relations if they would outline in parent meetings or informational letters (at the least), how they proceed with bullying or sexual abuse allegations in general. They could do this before any situations arose so that everyone is on the same page, or parent groups can have input as to how things are going to be handled in future situations.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Didn't the system learn anything from the Shoenborn case in Merritt from a few years ago? His kids were taunted at school because of their trailer-park poverty and hand-me down clothes by a rich kid. Dad went to the school to see the principal and the police removed him from the school. Sure, he probably was angry. And he then went home, and in his twisted mind got even with the principal and the rich kid by guilting them when he killed his kids so they wouldn't be taunted anymore.

In Armstrong, the principal responded to this parent the same way by banning him. And the 9 year old who was abusing the 6 year old is back in the same school. No wonder the father was angry. One of the kids should have changed schools.

And the bigger, much bigger, question: Where did the 9 year old learn this behaviour? At home? What is being done about that? Sexual abuse is usually a learned behaviour. The district and the police should be asking a lot of questions. A simple suspension and a return to the same school just doesn't seem to fit this 9 year old.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

In the hypersensitive world we live in, I initially thought this was going to be a story of a six year old girl and a six year old boy being caught with their pants down showing each other their repective parts which, as far as I remember, was a pretty common exercise with really young kids.

However, when I got to the part that explained who the other participant was, I sat up straight and asked "what'?

That I don't get. where does that even come from? How does a nine year old get there? And from where?

Troubling.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “North Okanagan”