Stolen truck recovered at Friends Pub

logicalview
Guru

Stolen truck recovered at Friends Pub

Post by logicalview »

The man made off with the truck after pretending to be interested in purchasing the vehicle.

Sales manager Gary Stannell says the man attempted to test drive the truck, but was unable to produce a drivers license.

However he was extended the courtesy to drive the truck from the dealership.

Hey, wait a minute what was the name of the dealership anyway?

Stolen truck recovered at pub
by Wayne Moore - Story: 52663
Feb 11, 2010 / 4:00 pm

A truck stolen from a Kelowna car dealership earlier in the week has been recovered.

RCMP say a 50-year-old West Kelowna man is in custody facing charges of possession of stolen property and theft over $5,000.

The vehicle was located in the Friend's Pub parking lot Thursday afternoon.

The suspect was taken into custody at the same time.

The Ford F-150 was stolen off the lot at Valley Mitsubishi Tuesday.

The man made off with the truck after pretending to be interested in purchasing the vehicle.

Sales manager Gary Stannell says the man attempted to test drive the truck, but was unable to produce a drivers license.
Not afraid to say "It".
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Re: Stolen truck recovered at Friends Pub

Post by motorhomebabe »

I an shaking my head here.How did he get the keys ,and how do you attempt to test drive the truck?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I have taken vehicles for test drives - was never asked for a driver's license and nobody ever said "no" to me. They just put a "D" plate on it, handed me the keys and away I went.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not the smartest person on the planet...
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
SHOZDIJIJI
Board Meister

Post by SHOZDIJIJI »

Fancy wrote:Not the smartest person on the planet...

He might be the dumbest thief going. This rates up there with the guy who robbed a person by getting the victim to write him a cheque. The guy then cashs the cheque .... :dyinglaughing:
After being asked if he would consider politic's the smart man replied " No the smart people have the Politicians working for them."
gstannell

Post by gstannell »

Just to set the books straight, the potential customer was never allowed to test drive the truck, as he was unable to produce a valid driver's license. I don't know about other dealers and what their rules are on test drives, but as for our dealership, we follow the VSA rules, so a dealer consent form must be filled out after a driver's license is produced and copied. Then they get the dealer plate put on the vehicle, and usually the sales person accompanies the prospective customer on the test drive. This fellow jumped in the truck, while the sales consultant was with him and was warming up the truck, and just took off at a high rate of speed exiting the lot.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Nissan was the only place in town that didn't take any information from me (definitely NO D/L) when I went to test drive last winter.

Went in looking at the Rogue. Decided to come back the following day to drive it (I'd only stopped in on a lunch break). The sales person apparently had zero time for me because I was handed a set of keys and allowed to leave.

Good thing for them the Rogue sucked. Went down the highway and got myself a VW instead.

ETA: No paperwork was filled out and no salesperson came with me.
Last edited by Always Sunny on Jan 17th, 2013, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

I think people stopped caring about three years ago.

All you just did was bump it back up to the present and are about to draw a bunch of negative attention to your business.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

KL3-Something wrote:I think people stopped caring about three years ago.

All you just did was bump it back up to the present and are about to draw a bunch of negative attention to your business.

I don't even remember hearing about it back then. I sure wouldn't have reminded the public about it, if it were my business.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Maybe it was just a winter tourist trying to make their way home or felt like they had to steal a truck and then a snowmobile next maybe to take in the great hills!

Return to “Central Okanagan”