Well look what......... Kelowna paid for a bear

wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Well look what......... Kelowna paid for a bear

Post by wthwyt »

$160,000 must be really nice.............. Oh also imported, but of course we in Canada don't have build in Canada thing.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#56517
SILENCE
Board Meister

Re: Well look what......... Kelowna paid for a bear

Post by SILENCE »

GMAFB!
without ME it's just AWESO
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

*bleep*. I welded my collection of chevy rims together. Im gonna see if the city will buy it off me so I can open a new gas station. They can place it at the SE corner of the bridge. There's still room there.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I like it - for my yard. Anyone wanna "move" it here, I have a case of beer :)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
kman320

Post by kman320 »

What?...couldn't use a local artist. Or at least an artist from Canada? Money well wasted...again
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

:ohmygod: I had no idea that park cost 3.5 million dollars. oh well whats another 160000.
I'm definitely in the wrong business though.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I totally get annoyed when a local artist is not used for something. Actually, I get annoyed when anything local isn't checked out first. If no local can do the job, then at least they could keep the taxpayers' dollars in BC or even in Canada.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I wonder why when they want to make a big purchase like this they dont have to ask for public voting on it, I woulda said not for that kinda money and I woulda said it had to be locally made. Sick part is that guy who sold it is laughing all the way to the bank. Where'd they dig this up from anyway? Why dont they have to tell us they wanna blow that kind of money and ask our people to come up with ideas or local artist for such a project? I know a local who woulda done it for half that price and it woulda got him off welfare.
What a huge waste, hope the one responsable is happy anyway. I guess I dont mind spending my tax buck on someone elses's favorite find.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

grammafreddy wrote:I totally get annoyed when a local artist is not used for something. Actually, I get annoyed when anything local isn't checked out first. If no local can do the job, then at least they could keep the taxpayers' dollars in BC or even in Canada.

Yeah because that worked out so well with the two-hundred-thousand dollar frayed roller coaster sculpture on the bridge that as far as I'm concerned has nothing to do with Kelowna in an obvious fashion that most average people would understand.

Then again it's in such a stupid location that hardly anyone bothers to go look at it anyway and trying to figure out what it is whilst driving just doesn't work too well.

At least the bear is a symbol of Kelowna and from the look of the picture a heck of a lot more work than what went into the more expensive welding together of a few cutlery sets. :dyinglaughing:

PS: actually I'm quite certain you just get "easily annoyed". :sillygrin:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

kman320 wrote:What?...couldn't use a local artist. Or at least an artist from Canada? Money well wasted...again

Seconded. Effing morons I tell ya.
new in town
Übergod

Post by new in town »

Just...head shakingly moronic.
"War is the total failure of the human spirit" - Robert Fisk
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

found some pics of this thing,
I'm more then curious to know how they came to find this guy, Friend of someone perhaps
http://www.midoceanstudio.com/current_p ... elowna.htm

http://www.midoceanstudio.com/the_artist/artist.htm
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
TedD
Board Meister

Post by TedD »

WTHWYT wrote:$160,000 must be really nice..............

If they went to VANOC, they probably would've gotten that one from the opening ceremonies for much cheaper. :127:

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
PS: actually I'm quite certain you just get "easily annoyed". :sillygrin:

Actually, that's not true. I'm usually quite pleasant, happy, helpful and friendly. Deliberate stupidity, waste of taxpayers' money, poor communication skills and ignorant idiots DO tend to annoy me, though.

What annoys you (besides me)???
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
sjkean
Fledgling

Post by sjkean »

"The $160,000 sculpture was produced by Brower Hatcher of Providence, Rhode Island."

Did the taxpayers have a decision on this one or was it a package deal with the City logo? Were there no local talents who submitted their works? I have to pay more attention to what's going on at City Hall.

Return to “Central Okanagan”