Vancouver Canucks

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Vancouver Canucks

Post by GordonH »

I will leave it without a season... dates. So Poindexter here you go a thread for those who are (or may not be) Canucks fans.

I have to admit I was expecting more that 5 points from this road trip. Now the next 4 games are @ home first up Chicago on HNIC followed by Phoenix, Colorado then San Jose. May they continue their home record.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Vancouver Canucks

Post by xjeepguy »

I have always supported the Nucks and always will .

But ...... I don't have faith in Lou ! Always seems to let that 'easy' goal in with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd . I wish they would start putting a lot more time in with Schneider . I think he has the potential to be really good. 10 million dollar Lou doesn't impress me much :(
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Lou is changing his style this year with the new goalie coach, not so far out of the net playing deeper so I give him a learning curve. As the season continues his numbers will improve no worries their, for Cory he is the best back-up Lou's had so far.
We will see if that continues.

For me right now is Vancouver has only played 5 games against teams within their division. It's these games that will make or break 2010/2011 season. True enough they are 4 wins 1 loss only 2 of those wins were really convincing wins, that said they have not played Calgary. That happens on the road Dec 01.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Thanks Hockeyfan1970. Much better.

I've always been a huge Luongo fan but I'm wondering whats up at times as well. It seems to me he's lost some flexibility over the years, especially when you compare him to Schnieder. The other night in Pittsburgh he seemed to be holding back on stretching out the left leg and led to the shorthanded wraparound goal. Wasn't even close to the splits but he definately hit the flexibility wall when he tried to cover the post with his left leg..

And while I'm on a role, why can't he grab a puck in front of himself without swimming? He used to be able to stay in the butterfly and reach out but now he lifts his left knee each time. How many goals has he allowed to be poked under him in the last year?

He's still one of the best but I'm not so sure he ever recovered from the 2008 injury to his left knee and now with the tweaky groin. Hopefully I'm wrong and he feels allot younger than he's looked because we're kinda stuck with him until his geriatric years.

And where's Cody? Why players like Desbien and Bliznack when Hodgson could be getting some nhl experience? He wasn't that out of place in the preseason and it would allow the medical staff to keep a closer eye on him after they messed up and set him back a year.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Vancouver win with a LA loss would put Vancouver in 2 place in West, as if :dyinglaughing:
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well Canucks face their archenemy the hawks tonight. Should be interesting. Since the Hawks are really sucking right now. Played 4 more games then the nucks and they are only 1 point behind.
Life is too sho......
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

jaz301 wrote:Well Canucks face their archenemy the hawks tonight. Should be interesting. Since the Hawks are really sucking right now. Played 4 more games then the nucks and they are only 1 point behind.

Well.........well........well :dyinglaughing:

WTHWYT wrote: Vancouver win with a LA loss would put Vancouver in 2 place in West, as if :dyinglaughing:

LA is in still second place but were is Vancouver. :ohmygod: Oh all the way down to 7, it would appear neither Vancouver goalie is able to beat their archenemy Chicago Blackhawks. :dyinglaughing:
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

jaz301 wrote: Since the Hawks are really sucking right now. .

If they are really sucking now what word describes us ? :dyinglaughing:

What an awful game last night . Anyone catch the Leafs and Habs game ? Now that was a great hockey game .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
The_Cheap_Seats80
Fledgling

Post by The_Cheap_Seats80 »

xjeepguy wrote:
jaz301 wrote: Since the Hawks are really sucking right now. .

If they are really sucking now what word describes us ? :dyinglaughing:

What an awful game last night . Anyone catch the Leafs and Habs game ? Now that was a great hockey game .

I actually have two words to describe the canucks..... Pathetic Losers!!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

That was a bad show by Vancouver last night, may they come out today and Win :nutzoid:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

WTHWYT wrote:
jaz301 wrote:Well Canucks face their archenemy the hawks tonight. Should be interesting. Since the Hawks are really sucking right now. Played 4 more games then the nucks and they are only 1 point behind.

WTHWYT wrote: Vancouver win with a LA loss would put Vancouver in 2 place in West, as if :dyinglaughing:

LA is in still second place but were is Vancouver. :ohmygod: Oh all the way down to 7, it would appear neither Vancouver goalie is able to beat their archenemy Chicago Blackhawks. :dyinglaughing:

Nobody cares. Also LA is not in second. But okay.
mekathy
Übergod

Post by mekathy »

WTHWYT wrote:

Wow you are starting this early now arent you. Seems to me you used the same baiting last season, and look what happened. There is still alot of hockey to play and if history repeats itself, it will once again be he who laughs last laughs loudest... Looking forward to it...
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

StraitTalk wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:

Nobody cares. Also LA is not in second. But okay.

I care :sillygrin: according to this they are in second place http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?se ... 1&type=CON

Until Vancouver ownership and down truly wants to wins the Cup, they with never get their. The truth may hurt.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

mekathy wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:

Wow you are starting this early now arent you. Seems to me you used the same baiting last season, and look what happened. There is still alot of hockey to play and if history repeats itself, it will once again be he who laughs last laughs loudest... Looking forward to it...

Well, we will see who's in & who's out, Sunday April 10 2011. :dyinglaughing:
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

mekathy wrote:Wow you are starting this early now arent you.

Exactly

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”