Noah's Ark

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: Noah's Ark

Post by 1nick »

thats the thing with books you can interprate,bend ,twist, distort the text anyway you like to suit your own agenda
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Yes, that can be done, but the attempts are usually transparently fraudulent.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Homeownertoo wrote:Yes, that can be done, but the attempts are usually transparently fraudulent.

And yet so many people can be so easily fooled.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

Maybe they aren't so transparently fraudulent after all.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I thoroughly enjoyed that vid Glacier. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

I listened to 2 minutes and found everything he said was fraudulent and couldn't be bothered to listen further. Paleo Indians did not migrate here from Siberia and did not wipe out the mega-fauna. There were human beings living in the Americas from before the Ice Age, the Bering Land Bridge theory has been debunked for at least 25 years and it was climate change, caused by the melting of the ice, that wiped out the mega-fauna.
As to the OP, Noah's arch is a story borrowed from the Sumerian text The Epoch of Gilgamesh, and that was probably borrowed from an even earlier text. The Israelite version was embellished and modified to suit their agenda. The entire OT was written while the Israelites were in captivity in Babylon and probably none of it is authentic, being borrowed from many older civilizations. The same can be said about the NT.
50 years ago I set out to validate the bible and through many years of reading and study I could only come to this conclusion. The bible is a forgery and mostly a work of fiction. Sorry but that is the only conclusion I could come to given the evidence.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

cliffy1 wrote:I listened to 2 minutes and found everything he said was fraudulent a

Me thinks you were too quick to judge. I'm not convinced that he's right about everything he asserts, but like QK, I found it fascinating.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I never knew that the natives on Vancouver Island had a flood story of their own until we went to the Comox museum. Upstairs there is an entire area dedicated to the flood story. I did know that other civilizations around the World have one, just not here.

Once he started to talk about that I thought it was very interesting to hear the rest.

The Bering land bridge theory may or may not be true, the fact is we'll never know for sure.

Cliffy, if you had perservered you'll learn that he goes into the meteorite theory about what changed flora and fauna here on Earth.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Every 3 - 500 years there has been tsunamis hit the west coast. Around 1700 was the last one that wiped out 90% of the west coast populations. A vast majority of people live near the oceans and the same was true during the last ice age when the water levels were 400 feet below what they are today. When the glaciers melted it flooded all the coastal areas of the world. That is probably the origin of most of the flood stories.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

There are just too many flood stories to blame them on tsunamis. The idea of a land bridge is well accepted fact. The idea that this area was ice free while the rest of Canada was covered a mile thick layer of ice is also well established. Having this much ice on land would mean the oceans were 400 feet lower 10,000 years ago.
- Douglas Murray
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

The flood stories came from the melting ice 10 thousand years ago. The tsunamis account for the depopulation of the west coast. It was also recorded and caused havoc in Japan. The two, flooding and tsunamis are separate incidences. There probably was an ice free zone at the Bering straight but it does not make sense that the people would have traversed thousands of miles of mile high ice without a source of food along the way, to a place they did not know existed. More than likely they came along the sea shore by boat or by foot. It is also likely that it was a two way street. The Sturgeon Nose canoe that is indigenous to the Arrow Lakes and the Slocan Valley is only found in one other place on Earth, Siberia just north of Tibet. The only question is - who taught who?
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

The Noah's ark is obviously ripped off from the Sumerian myth of Gilgamesh, only quack fundamentalists would take it literally, the fact that there is no geological evidence for a "great flood" speaks volumes.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

capleton wrote:The Noah's ark is obviously ripped off from the Sumerian myth of Gilgamesh, only quack fundamentalists would take it literally, the fact that there is no geological evidence for a "great flood" speaks volumes.

You and Cliffy should get together and compare notes.... [icon_lol2.gif]

Enjoy your reading.... :smt045

http://www.indians.org/welker/godasiyo.htm

http://www.nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

averagejoe wrote:
capleton wrote:The Noah's ark is obviously ripped off from the Sumerian myth of Gilgamesh, only quack fundamentalists would take it literally, the fact that there is no geological evidence for a "great flood" speaks volumes.

You and Cliffy should get together and compare notes.... [icon_lol2.gif]

Enjoy your reading.... :smt045

http://www.indians.org/welker/godasiyo.htm

http://www.nwcreation.net/noahlegends.html

I'm not going to read creationist nutjob sites, do you have any actual evidence that a Great Flood happened or that there was a Tower of Babel or that donkeys and snakes talk?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”