Penticton couple missing for over two weeks in USA

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Penticton couple missing for over two weeks in USA

Post by Roadster »

I agree with the post earlier, no body, we still have hope. lets hope!
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
mountain sky
Fledgling

Post by mountain sky »

Have we lost all decency as a society?

The poster says lets go back to a time when we didn't have the technology and the safely laws to protect us.

Back in that time, we would have kept our hurtful opinions to ourselves and never said or did anything that would harm another person. We also would have done anything to help a neighbor or a stranger who was in need. Religion or money has nothing to do with it. If you stop to help someone on a street, do you ask to see their bank account, or what church they may or may not belong to? A good person who believes in contributing to society helps and cares for thier neighbor.

The interest and caring for the Rita and Al and thier family shows the best of our decency as a society and I salute all of you for not losing that perspective. :sunshine:
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Graham Adder wrote:This is a story worthy of retelling...it really IS best to stay put if you're lost.

A lot of people (including myself) wouldn't be able to sit there doing nothing. Sometimes being proactive can save your life. Look at the guy who cut his own arm off (the true story made into a movie) after being trapped in a rock formation.

There are probably just as many stories of people who saved themselves (if not more) as there are people who just sat there waiting to be found.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'd like to hear more about this "chain of events". They took a wrong turn and got mired in the mud. It's a sad state of events to be sure and a miracle survival story.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I hope we hear something about the husband tomorrow, they are still searching I believe???
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

I have removed the off-topic posts and nonsense. Post your opinion, accept that some have a different opinion, and stop with the personal attacks and off-topic silliness.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Penticton Couple Missing for over two week in USA

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:I'm wondering if they had a GPS that lead them up there. Happened to another couple before, in Alberta I believe.

Well Midnite, here's one for you:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... escue.html

Rita says the GPS lead them up this road.

But you were right about people quadding on remote roads finding them.

So GPS services are not perfect, only many have discovered this to be true. Let's hope Albert is found, period.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Midnite
Fledgling

Post by Midnite »

I stand corrected, the early story from the local Oregon paper did not mention GPS. Thr speculation proved to be more accurate than the actual reporting. It could be a little humbling to admit you were lead astray by GPS.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Anything new on this?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I believe I heard the official search was called off a couple of weeks ago.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Correct Fluffy, but I think many adventurers will be loading up the camping gear and spending time out there comtemplating where to look next, mapping out where they've looked and returning. I'm thinking some year someone will make a discovery yet.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
bipdl
Board Meister

Post by bipdl »

I think the only 'miracle' here is that these foolish people actually managed to live to the ripe old ages they are/were.

Nobody (decent) hopes for tragedy to befall others, but at some point, we have to face the sometimes cruel consequences of our own stupid actions.... and this was stupidity of a seldom seen magnitude. I mean, REALLY!

As for the romantic notion that Mr. C. nobley sacrificed his life for Mrs. C's. survival by wandering off, well, somebody's just been watching too much Walt Disney.

That said, I actually DO hope that when Mr. C's remains are finally discovered, it will at least be established that he died peacefully. Given the date and all soothesaying aside, it's all we can realistically hope for.

NB; My signature line has been up for a while now. Unfortunately, in this case, sadly, it is ironically prophetic. I therefore feel it would appropriate to apologize to Mrs. C and all others who loved Mr. C. May you find solice in knowing that his sins have now all been forgiven.
'Authority' is not a reason.
The most universally violated human right is the Right To Be Treated With Dignity.
Pffft, you humans. It's amazing you've made it this far. - Prot
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

A little late out of the gate, but definately a contender. (New meds bipdl?)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*Like*
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

While I will not stoop to calling Mr C stupid or speculate on his longevity, I must admit to thinking, "Why would he continue to drive up a mountain dirt road in snow for such a great distance without recognizing the perils?" He was after all a heavy construction contractor that would impart some knowledge of ground, soils, traction ect. One would think that after only a cpl of km's in a mini van that the bells would go off that this is just not right!! Puzzling for sure. Perhaps one day Mrs C will feel comfortable enough to speak of the ordeal and shed some light. In the meantime, rest in peace Al.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Central Okanagan”