Driving instructor

A potpourri of off-topics.
anton_k

Driving instructor

Post by anton_k »

Hello everyone,

I've recently moved from Toronto and it is time to take a road test (I don't have enough driving experience in Canada to just exchange my DL).
I think I need to take a couple lessons to be more confident during the test. I took 3 lessons last summer with a private driving instructor in Toronto and that was enough for me to pass.

So, I went through a few websites if driving schools in Kelowna and found that they charge at least $135 for 90 minutes in-car lesson.
That's quite expensive in comparison to what I've expected as I've been paying $35/hr in Toronto.

Is $135 / 90 minutes considered as a good rate here? Is that possible to find a private instructor who charge less?

I've tried kijiji and castanet classifieds and haven't found anything.

Thanks.
Last edited by anton_k on Apr 5th, 2014, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Driving lessons

Post by GrooveTunes »

Welcome to BC….bring cash!

That's normal. My father in law paid the same a few months ago. Pick up the yellow pages. You'll have more luck there and you can call around.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Driving instructor

Post by cutter7 »

Its a little less than that at all weather driving school. I just paid 267.50 for three 90 minute lessons for my son.

90 bucks an hour taxes included. still more than double what you are used to paying but not bad for a car and instructor.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

My wife tells me how to drive all the time. Free
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Sounds like you need an evaluation and some tips on passing the test, more than you need lessons. Call Dave Beauregard at Four Seasons Driving School and explain your situation to him. Tell him money is tight.

Good luck with the test! I've seen the way most people with those green 'N's drive, so I don't think the standards to pass are very high.
anton_k

Post by anton_k »

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Grab Bag”