5 Fun Facts about yourself

Just what it says. Games. On a forum.
oldtrucker
Guru

Re: 5 Fun Facts about yourself

Post by oldtrucker »

Queen K wrote: Oct 29th, 2023, 11:01 am You're in the "fun" thread. And we demand fun NOW.
Okay fine.
It was a cheap blurry copy of the first issue of Cuckery Today magazine I was smuggling of Europe. Hey, it was all I had those days and I couldn't wait till I landed.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

1. When I first went to school, every morning we stood in class and repeated, "I salute the flag, the emblem of my country. Red, white and blue, red white and blue.....GOD SAVE THE KING!!"

2. Our party line phone number was 305 - five short turns of the crank on the side of the phone box.

3. I rode a cow in the local town parade and won 1st prize.

4. We milked cows by hand and separated the milk from the cream; we sold the cream and fed the milk to the chickens.

5. I won a female piglet in a raffle drive and when Penny got old enough I decided I wanted her to have some piglets for us to sell. So dad hooked up a small trailer to the tractor, we loaded Penny into the trailer and Dad drove her a few miles down the road to spend a couple of days with the boar. He brought her back a few days later and we put her in her pen but the next day we discovered she had broken out of her pen!! We searched the barns, the outbuildings and the gardens. We finally found her - waiting patiently in the trailer!!
Chill
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ahew, 5 fun facts in a list, about you Darlin
Doubt even Jesus loves you
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Flaming - HAHAHA, Penny had a fancy for the boar I see. Did she have her piglets?
I dated a guy when I was young, his Dad inherited a farm, decided to have pigs. Couldn't part to part with them or shiver eat them
So he had oodles of them. Sweet creatures
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

normaM wrote: Oct 29th, 2023, 11:07 am yes, yes we do. I like learning things about the forum members I see daily
What was before the Maple Leaf flag?
The flag above my forum name. That was the Canadian flag until 65
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

1. a Catholic Priest named me and added an extra letter to my name and nobody ever pronounces it properly

2. I can drive a boat and get it off and on the trailer with ease, but can't parallel park worth a damn

3. got hit by a car when I was younger going to work - and that settlement really helped me get a better education

4. I hit a person with a 2x4 who was beating their dog, smoked him right in the legs and took the dog and it was the best dog ever

5. I can't drink Tequila , it's a lovely liquor and I really like it ( ok love it) but it's effects creates too many regrets for me the next day
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hurtlander wrote: Oct 29th, 2023, 9:04 am 1. Canada had a PC PM when I was born.
2. Was born before the maple leaf was our flag.
3. Didn’t have electricity, telephone or indoor plumbing for the first 4 years of my life.
4. I’m a hillbilly but not a redneck.
5. Spent way too many years of my adult life volunteering for various community organizations.
I remember saying the lords prayer and singing national anthem in morning, then at end of the school day singing god save the queen (this will date me by not saying the king).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I think we said the Lord;s Prayer in grade 1, but then it stopped
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

This is hard and shows me I'm not very interesting. lol

1. My dad owned a Ready Mix business so I have finished concrete. I did 2 sidewalks by myself.

2. I have thinned and picked apples and then worked in warehouses sorting and packing apples, I packed apples for several years.

3. I have horrible nightmares if I don't read an occasional horror book.

4. My mother was told she couldn't get pregnant. I am a "miracle baby". [icon_lol2.gif]

5. I begged my parents for a sibling and they adopted my brother to shut me up. A few years later I wanted a baby sister, so they adopted a baby girl. I finally shut up. About that anyway.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

ferri wrote: Oct 30th, 2023, 8:18 am5. I begged my parents for a sibling and they adopted my brother to shut me up. A few years later I wanted a baby sister, so they adopted a baby girl. I finally shut up. About that anyway.
Man, you were on a roll. Ask for a Ferrari!
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Dang! I didn't even think about that! hahaha There were times after my brother and I got into a fight or my sister got into my stuff that I wondered what I was thinking.
― Albert Einstein
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

1. I was a linesman for 4 NHL exhibition games. (I was way too small at the time and the players skated all over the ice with me.)

2. I've only ever had one real job in my life. At times I wore shorts and a T-shirt and at other times I had to wear a Canadian flag pin on my lapel. (It had its interesting moments, but overall it sucked.)

3. I'm a recovered adrenaline junkie that now prefers to be in a seat during takeoff, flight and landing.

4. I've made phone calls that have shut down Dunsmuir, Georgia and Howe streets during rush hour so that I could drive down them the wrong way. Yeah, I was that guy - you're welcome.

5. I like sunsets, long walks on the beach and late evenings reading technical papers and legislation with my cat. (You wouldn't believe how interested a cat can be in the CSA Z1600-17 and NFPA 1600 standards.)

:smt045

Wait, wait, wait! I've got to edit this because I don't want to be outdone by Queen K and Seewood.

The front tire of my suburban, my boots and pant leg made a cameo appearance in the movie "Shooter" as an FBI agent. :smt045
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Oct 30th, 2023, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

laughing at should have asked for a car insitead of siblings. In hindsight did it work out Ferri? :)
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

normaM wrote: Oct 30th, 2023, 1:58 pm laughing at should have asked for a car insitead of siblings. In hindsight did it work out Ferri? :)
It did. I wouldn't trade either one my siblings for the world. Even if they do tick me off occasionally. lol
― Albert Einstein
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

1. Was the flower girl at my oldest sister's wedding.
2. Canada's Centennial parade, rode on a float dressed as a pioneer.
3. Once, danced in the background, on a local tv show a la "American Bandstand".
4. Hitchhiked across Canada from sea to sea.
5. Had 41 houseplants at one time, have 5 now.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.

Return to “Forum Games”