5 Fun Facts about yourself

Just what it says. Games. On a forum.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: 5 Fun Facts about yourself

Post by normaM »

I was in figure skating, scored well then of course I discovered boys. Hard as I am tall for a skater

The commerical was for chocolate milk... after raving about it I was asked my name, and gave my nickname as well. My Mommy was flooded with calls of people asking her why on earth they named me that :)

My Daddy taught me to skate when I was 4. Apparently I was quite ticked and accused him of buying me the wrong skates because I fell. I thought you just put them on and could glide across the ice
Doubt even Jesus loves you
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 30th, 2023, 1:55 pm 1. I was a linesman for 4 NHL exhibition games. (I was way too small at the time and the players skated all over the ice with me.)

2. I've only ever had one real job in my life. At times I wore shorts and a T-shirt and at other times I had to wear a Canadian flag pin on my lapel. (It had its interesting moments, but overall it sucked.)

3. I'm a recovered adrenaline junkie that now prefers to be in a seat during takeoff, flight and landing.

4. I've made phone calls that have shut down Dunsmuir, Georgia and Howe streets during rush hour so that I could drive down them the wrong way. Yeah, I was that guy - you're welcome.

5. I like sunsets, long walks on the beach and late evenings reading technical papers and legislation with my cat. (You wouldn't believe how interested a cat can be in the CSA Z1600-17 and NFPA 1600 standards.)

:smt045

Wait, wait, wait! I've got to edit this because I don't want to be outdone by Queen K and Seewood.

The front tire of my suburban, my boots and pant leg made a cameo appearance in the movie "Shooter" as an FBI agent. :smt045
...Rob?
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 2nd, 2023, 10:05 am
Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 30th, 2023, 1:55 pm 1. I was a linesman for 4 NHL exhibition games. (I was way too small at the time and the players skated all over the ice with me.)

2. I've only ever had one real job in my life. At times I wore shorts and a T-shirt and at other times I had to wear a Canadian flag pin on my lapel. (It had its interesting moments, but overall it sucked.)

3. I'm a recovered adrenaline junkie that now prefers to be in a seat during takeoff, flight and landing.

4. I've made phone calls that have shut down Dunsmuir, Georgia and Howe streets during rush hour so that I could drive down them the wrong way. Yeah, I was that guy - you're welcome.

5. I like sunsets, long walks on the beach and late evenings reading technical papers and legislation with my cat. (You wouldn't believe how interested a cat can be in the CSA Z1600-17 and NFPA 1600 standards.)

:smt045

Wait, wait, wait! I've got to edit this because I don't want to be outdone by Queen K and Seewood.

The front tire of my suburban, my boots and pant leg made a cameo appearance in the movie "Shooter" as an FBI agent. :smt045
...Rob?
Do I win a prize if I say he was the TC on Shooter? If not, no.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

^^^
The first 3 fit someone I knew long ago perfectly, the 4th is something he would do, and the 5th ..I seem to remember him and I smoking a whack of Acapulco gold(35 years ago, it was the real mccoy) and discussing the hypothetical possibility his cat was a manifestation of Jesus. It could be possible that if he had another cat, he would have one that had a higher purpose. You should be ashamed you wasted your cats time on legislation. Poor thing must be bored senseless.
But you aren't Rob.
Disregard
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm pretty easy to out do. I haven't done anything, gone anywhere lately. So boring.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Queen K wrote: Nov 2nd, 2023, 8:38 pm I'm pretty easy to out do. I haven't done anything, gone anywhere lately. So boring.
Ya but your getting old and it just gets more boring from here on in, so tell us what happened in ramulla
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

When I was 21? Sure because nothing like this will ever happen again.

I had met another Kelowna person on the Northern border of Israel. Ya, for real. Easter of 1985 we decided to spend it in Jerusalm. For the life of me I can't recall how we got there, bus? But we hitchhiked back. Right? On the West Bank. What the? We had gone South as far as Beersheva to see an old acquaintance of mine. I had a phone number of dubious strength, on public phones dropping Shekels into the slots, but it worked. She was home, but sent her husband's cousin to pick us up at some corner or another, but all the cousins wanted to meet the foreigners, so we hoped into a small car full of five Palestinians. Zigazagged through ancient allies and delivered us to the right house in near dead of dark. Deep Eastern carpets, brass, low tables, spices. Anywhoooo ya know the movie The Big Chill? She apologizes for dumping my brother in a bar. Like wait, that happened? I had no idea. Awkward,

So the next day we tour a Beersheva market, piles of spices, coloured yarns, cheap plastic goods, camels, sheep. Women covered head to toe in black. But we have to head back, now I wonder why? Why did we? But various rides take us back up North, we end up in Ramallah. Ya, I know I know, in '85 we could still do that. We saunter into a coffee shop, could not tell you which one. Now I'm wearing a jungle print blouse, toucans, parrots, greens, camo. We're having chai. The men are like, agog. Two white "Americans" because Canadians are just Americans there. And one of the men reaches out to touch my sleeve, no kidding, and says, "army uniform." He's pretty transfixed. :200: A cold frisson of fear passed through me. Some fast talking diplomacy like only a Canadian can happened. "NOOO, noo, jungle print, like the Amazon." To that effect, everyone moved in closer. A lot of toasting happened. A lot of "we must go now." Now. Shortly after I took a photo of a Palestinian woman balancing a 7-up Crate on her head. We hiked out, and once again caught a ride North. We thought we were close to the Sea of Galilee, only the map suddenly unfolded an extra fold. We were stranded in the desert. Don't panic. Here comes a truck.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 2nd, 2023, 7:55 pm ^^^
The first 3 fit someone I knew long ago perfectly, the 4th is something he would do, and the 5th ..I seem to remember him and I smoking a whack of Acapulco gold(35 years ago, it was the real mccoy) and discussing the hypothetical possibility his cat was a manifestation of Jesus. It could be possible that if he had another cat, he would have one that had a higher purpose. You should be ashamed you wasted your cats time on legislation. Poor thing must be bored senseless.
But you aren't Rob.
Disregard
I am not just ashamed, I'm absolutely heartbroken. Bill 31, the Modernization of the Emergency Program Act, all 122 pages of paternalistic over-the-top bureaucracy, killed her. She died peacefully, albeit somewhat tormented I'm sure, in her chair beside the fireplace two weeks ago. Little thing was involved in everything I do and made days better. I miss her far more than I ever knew I would.

:cry:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Drip_Torch wrote: Nov 3rd, 2023, 4:16 pm I am not just ashamed, I'm absolutely heartbroken. Bill 31, the Modernization of the Emergency Program Act, all 122 pages of paternalistic over-the-top bureaucracy, killed her. She died peacefully, albeit somewhat tormented I'm sure, in her chair beside the fireplace two weeks ago. Little thing was involved in everything I do and made days better. I miss her far more than I ever knew I would.

Aww, that's so sad.
She had a great life with you I'm sure.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

PoplarSoul wrote: Nov 3rd, 2023, 7:17 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Nov 3rd, 2023, 4:16 pm I am not just ashamed, I'm absolutely heartbroken. Bill 31, the Modernization of the Emergency Program Act, all 122 pages of paternalistic over-the-top bureaucracy, killed her. She died peacefully, albeit somewhat tormented I'm sure, in her chair beside the fireplace two weeks ago. Little thing was involved in everything I do and made days better. I miss her far more than I ever knew I would.

Aww, that's so sad.
Thanks. I'll be honest with you, I never imagined a cat having an impact on me. I've never had pets and can tell you that's still true to this day. The cat was abandoned in my neighbourhood, checked everyone out and decided I was going to be her next human. It took me a while to warm up to the thought of having a cat around, but she knew right away. She was involved in everything I do. Supervised everything and always let me know how much I was appreciated. The week before she died she reverted back to a kitten and was more playful than I had seen in the previous 7 years. Cuddle time was no longer optional. Bit of shock when I found her, but I realize now she must have known it was coming.

I sure enjoyed having her around. Special little creature and she taught me a few things over the years. I understand from other people you can't train a cat. Pretty sure her running at me with two pats on my leg and sitting when I asked her to "sit down", must mean she trained me.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Drip_Torch wrote: Nov 3rd, 2023, 8:12 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Nov 3rd, 2023, 7:17 pm
Aww, that's so sad.
Thanks. I'll be honest with you, I never imagined a cat having an impact on me. I've never had pets and can tell you that's still true to this day. The cat was abandoned in my neighbourhood, checked everyone out and decided I was going to be her next human. It took me a while to warm up to the thought of having a cat around, but she knew right away. She was involved in everything I do. Supervised everything and always let me know how much I was appreciated. The week before she died she reverted back to a kitten and was more playful than I had seen in the previous 7 years. Cuddle time was no longer optional. Bit of shock when I found her, but I realize now she must have known it was coming.

I sure enjoyed having her around. Special little creature and she taught me a few things over the years. I understand from other people you can't train a cat. Pretty sure her running at me with two pats on my leg and sitting when I asked her to "sit down", must mean she trained me.
That's true they know. See rainbow bridge.
And no matter how tough or stoic one is when one loses a pet, one wasn't worthy of it if it didnt cut deeper than a sword. I remember and deeply miss every cat I've lost. Sounds like the universe gave you a gift and you had the wisdom to see that.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

:130:
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I think you need another cat ASAP. I'm never not had a pet.. cat was there before me and so it went/ Smokey was a darn fine cat
I would dress him in my baby clothes, then push him around the neighbourhood in my doll baby buggy. People would stop to see " my baby" expecting a doll, nope, Smokey complete with a baby bonnet. Never scratched me
Doubt even Jesus loves you
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Now that's back to fun!
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Drip_Torch wrote: Nov 3rd, 2023, 8:12 pm Thanks. I'll be honest with you, I never imagined a cat having an impact on me. I've never had pets and can tell you that's still true to this day. The cat was abandoned in my neighbourhood, checked everyone out and decided I was going to be her next human. It took me a while to warm up to the thought of having a cat around, but she knew right away. She was involved in everything I do. Supervised everything and always let me know how much I was appreciated. The week before she died she reverted back to a kitten and was more playful than I had seen in the previous 7 years. Cuddle time was no longer optional. Bit of shock when I found her, but I realize now she must have known it was coming.

Abandoned cats are grateful for their new abode and they have the ability to show their appreciation for their newfound chosen slave in so many ways.
You are fortunate to have experienced that special bound.
I assure you she will be in your heart for the rest of your life.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.

Return to “Forum Games”