5 Fun Facts about yourself

Just what it says. Games. On a forum.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: 5 Fun Facts about yourself

Post by normaM »

bless that poor cat that I tormented. My Mommy did enjoy the shocked looks on peoples faces when instead of a plastic doll a grey cat stares back at them ( probably trying to signal save me)

He wasn't all that easy to get into a onesies. Poor thing would be flat on his back, blankets up to his chin.Superior kitty
Doubt even Jesus loves you
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Since I'm tripping, when Smokey died I was given a dog I named Daisy
People thought how cute when I would call her, expecting a purse dog. 85 pounds of look at my kid sideways I;ll kill you German Shepherd
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Remember how fun taking a greyhound from edmonton to nowheresville Sask was? You don't know fun until you've done greyhound across sask.
Endless drone of the bus, air blue from all the tobacco smoke, the creepy old man staring at you from across the aisle...you read every "CS+DR 1972 and forever" graffiti scratched into the back of the seat in front of you a googolplex times on the trip.
** bus stops in Watson SK at a Spirit of '76 gas station to let off 2 passengers and take on 1. The air is hot and buzzing with incects**
You think to yourself... " I only have one dime. What if that 10c outdoor Coke vending machine jams up and I cut my hand on the cap like I did last time? What!!??? It went up to 0.15c ??? I wonder if that creepy old guy has a nickel?"
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kgcayenne »

* like physics
* have performed The Last Post on trumpet
* can open a garage door to evacuate in a power outage by myself (I’m 5’2”)
* can still drive manual transmission
* I can dance in a formal gown and 3” heels
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

kgcayenne wrote: Nov 4th, 2023, 9:36 pm * like physics
* have performed The Last Post on trumpet
* can open a garage door to evacuate in a power outage by myself (I’m 5’2”)
* can still drive manual transmission
* I can dance in a formal gown and 3” heels
#1 and #4 increases your hotness rating by approx .09 to .11 basis points.
Some may view my politically incorrect opinions as harsh and may be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Queen K wrote: Nov 2nd, 2023, 10:10 pm When I was 21? Sure because nothing like this will ever happen again.

I had met another Kelowna person on the Northern border of Israel. Ya, for real. Easter of 1985 we decided to spend it in Jerusalm. For the life of me I can't recall how we got there, bus? But we hitchhiked back. Right? On the West Bank. What the? We had gone South as far as Beersheva to see an old acquaintance of mine. I had a phone number of dubious strength, on public phones dropping Shekels into the slots, but it worked. She was home, but sent her husband's cousin to pick us up at some corner or another, but all the cousins wanted to meet the foreigners, so we hoped into a small car full of five Palestinians. Zigazagged through ancient allies and delivered us to the right house in near dead of dark. Deep Eastern carpets, brass, low tables, spices. Anywhoooo ya know the movie The Big Chill? She apologizes for dumping my brother in a bar. Like wait, that happened? I had no idea. Awkward,

So the next day we tour a Beersheva market, piles of spices, coloured yarns, cheap plastic goods, camels, sheep. Women covered head to toe in black. But we have to head back, now I wonder why? Why did we? But various rides take us back up North, we end up in Ramallah. Ya, I know I know, in '85 we could still do that. We saunter into a coffee shop, could not tell you which one. Now I'm wearing a jungle print blouse, toucans, parrots, greens, camo. We're having chai. The men are like, agog. Two white "Americans" because Canadians are just Americans there. And one of the men reaches out to touch my sleeve, no kidding, and says, "army uniform." He's pretty transfixed. :200: A cold frisson of fear passed through me. Some fast talking diplomacy like only a Canadian can happened. "NOOO, noo, jungle print, like the Amazon." To that effect, everyone moved in closer. A lot of toasting happened. A lot of "we must go now." Now. Shortly after I took a photo of a Palestinian woman balancing a 7-up Crate on her head. We hiked out, and once again caught a ride North. We thought we were close to the Sea of Galilee, only the map suddenly unfolded an extra fold. We were stranded in the desert. Don't panic. Here comes a truck.
I'd throw in some guns, drugs, and sex into the story if we were co- writing a novel together and I bet we'd have a winner.
That's a awesome adventure qk!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Drugs? Well when I was getting my photo taken in Turkish police station, wearing one of their hats, I was thinking, "oh God no one mention the Midnight Express."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

kgcayenne - goodness you so petite. What;s the trick for opening the garage door?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Oldtrucker - many a summer riding the dog as a kid - Edmonton to Yorkton. Took forever, stopping on the road to pick up passengers with their GH luggage. Stops had pay toilets ( I think a dime to turn the knob but my Mommy would have me slide under the door .

French fries and gravy every longer stop because I was so well behaved. Coming back we too would have GH luggage as we brought back my Babas soups and pickles

Horrible tasting and smelling water
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

seewood wrote: Oct 29th, 2023, 9:35 am 1 : so blessed to have an amazing childhood, best neighborhood, best parents

2: have represented Canada on the International stage

3: been a stunt double in a movie

4: self employed for 28 years and then retired

5: regardless of all my owies over the years, still healthy and enjoy many activities with my wife and friends.
#3 what movie seewood?
I was in a bar fight scene in a very boring canadian Ann wheeler movie.
I got paid $19.00 hr, it was the 80s ,that was really good for then ,and the scene took a week to shoot. The scene in the movie lasted a few minutes at most.
kgcayenne
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kgcayenne »

normaM wrote: Nov 5th, 2023, 4:00 am kgcayenne - goodness you so petite. What;s the trick for opening the garage door?
You pull that cord to disengage the lock
Go over to the door and lift that heavy sommbish
Then when you got it as high as your shoulders, leap over to the cord and swing all your weight towards the rear of the garage an pray the momentum was enough.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Just saw this thread as we just got back from a cruise.

1: I was on TV when I was very young too, 4-5 years old. Modeling PJ's on a News show.

2: Joined the US Navy @ 17 yrs old.

3: Made several trips across the "Pond" to Vietnam and other interesting ports as well.

4: Spent 3+ months in KGH after an ER Dr did a procedure that burst my bowel. Almost died and should have sued! (Sorry that's not really a fun fact)

5: Volunteer at the Senior Centre.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
oldtrucker
Guru

Post by oldtrucker »

Bsuds wrote: Nov 10th, 2023, 4:06 pm Just saw this thread as we just got back from a cruise.

1: I was on TV when I was very young too, 4-5 years old. Modeling PJ's on a News show.

3: Made several trips across the "Pond" to Vietnam and other interesting ports as well.

4: Spent 3+ months in KGH after an ER Dr did a procedure that burst my bowel. Almost died and should have sued! (Sorry that's not really a fun fact)

# 4 did it involve any mesh before or after?
#2 #3 the big guns. :up:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 10th, 2023, 7:04 pm
Bsuds wrote: Nov 10th, 2023, 4:06 pm Just saw this thread as we just got back from a cruise.

# 4 did it involve any mesh before or after?
#2 #3 the big guns. :up:
Not at first but they put a mesh in awhile ago when I had an infection pop up.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 10th, 2023, 3:31 pm #3 what movie seewood?
https://www.google.com/search?q=hole+in ... s-wiz-serp

Met Sam Elliot but was Jerry O'Connell's stunt double when he climbed a telegraph pole. perhaps 30 seconds...
Interesting few days.
Money then was a bit better than the $19.00 hour though. Stunt was worth $600 and a buyout ( no residuals) was another $600
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “Forum Games”