Pet Chat

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Pet Chat

Post by Lady tehMa »

Honestly, I was looking at little Bruno and thinking Buddy could use a pal - husband is unconvinced :(

As for the inlaws, I went to the adoption event at Bosley's (Rutland) yesterday. Talked to folks, took a ton of pics. Came home, sent them off to the inlaws. This morning they came into town, and we filled out the form online (they don't do online well). :) So now they get to meet a few, hopefully and see who is the best fit.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

My in-laws found a dog!

They are bringing him home by the end of this week.

His name is Rocky, he is two years old. Apparently, he was caught playing with a neighbour's chicken, the chicken did not survive. :panic: Not just him, but his parents. I gather the neighbour guy is threatening to shoot the dogs. :200:

So, the in-laws were hoping for a dog that would be around 60 lbs.

Rocky's dad is a Bernedoodle. Rocky's mom is a Great Pyrenees. Rocky is 85 lbs. :admin:

I really hope he and Buddy get on together.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

The heat is making my dog crazy.

It is too hot for Buddy to be out of doors unless it is early morning or late evening. I take him out and he just wilts. Heck, I'm wilting (41 on the deck yesterday!).

It is too warm to run around playing in the house, as we don't have A/C- and he is getting bored. As a result, he is getting really yappy anytime he sees anything out the front window or out the sliding glass door on the deck. More so than usual - I mean he is getting absolutely unhinged when he sees something.

Yesterday I took the BBQ water spray bottle and misted him down a bit - he promptly got the zoomies. It didn't last long but it did seem to help. He has a little pool outside but he won't lay down in it, just gets his feet wet.

Any enrichment ideas that don't involve food? He is really missing dog park time, but we won't be heading out there again until the worst of the heat has passed.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sunny loves ice cubes and come running when we get ice out of the fridge.

Probably a carry over from when she was a street dog in Mexico.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Who else ends up digging pathways for their dog around the yard? :admin:

My guy isn't very tall, currently the snow is up to his back.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 19th, 2024, 10:28 pm Who else ends up digging pathways for their dog around the yard? :admin:

My guy isn't very tall, currently the snow is up to his back.
Takes me some time to shovel out pup's paths but it's certainly worth it - fun times chasing each other around the yard and another good spot for the "business". Not only is it good exercise for both but helps cut down on the snowballs on the legs and feet. Stopped counting how many times today I did it and as soon as I put my coat and boots on the pawing on the back door starts. Plus it's easier to clean up the poop as it's done and not wait for the spring thaw.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sunny with her new booties.
IMG_1597.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Absolutely adorable.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Sunny is precious <3

Buddy hates things on his feet, everything we've tried so far has been ripped right off. I'm considering some of those suspender booties, but they're pretty expensive!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 20th, 2024, 8:44 am Sunny is precious <3

Buddy hates things on his feet, everything we've tried so far has been ripped right off. I'm considering some of those suspender booties, but they're pretty expensive!
Not many places in town sell them but I would suggest trying them on your pet first before ordering them on Amazon. They are good for small dogs but sizing up was an issue for ours. Think I read they are being discontinued by some manufacturers.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Fancy wrote: Jan 20th, 2024, 8:59 am
Not many places in town sell them but I would suggest trying them on your pet first before ordering them on Amazon. They are good for small dogs but sizing up was an issue for ours. Think I read they are being discontinued by some manufacturers.
Sizing would be an issue, one of the reasons I haven't ordered the Walkee Paws online. I understand some (not sure if all) of the Bosley's in town carry some. I am tempted.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”