Dog Fun Facts

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Dog Fun Facts

Post by normaM »

My avatar is the famous Sam, I admit this year's winner looks good by comparison. The fact is hairless seems to win most often :)
http://www.sonoma-marinfair.org/uglydogcontest.shtml
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

It's a fact (is it fun??) that my dogs hate the rain. The heat. It's a fact that my dogs can drag me for a 1/2 hour walk and then tug o' war out back in -12 weather. Bastardo's.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Triple 6 wrote:It's a fact (is it fun??) that my dogs hate the rain. The heat. It's a fact that my dogs can drag me for a 1/2 hour walk and then tug o' war out back in -12 weather. Bastardo's.

Mine don't care what the weather is like for the most part. However in the deep freeze, I bundled up and ventured forth... Fergus booked it home and Karma sprinted most of the walk to keep warm, and Cyren waited to get home to play "drag mommy through the snow by her pant leg" to finish off the last stages of hypothermia.

Now I am succumbing to her thrashing me with couch pillows and playing stafford races in the upstairs hallway. Hoping for a Chinook, because I am losing my mind. -29 right now, please kill me.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

my2rotties wrote:
Triple 6 wrote:It's a fact (is it fun??) that my dogs hate the rain. The heat. It's a fact that my dogs can drag me for a 1/2 hour walk and then tug o' war out back in -12 weather. Bastardo's.

Mine don't care what the weather is like for the most part. However in the deep freeze, I bundled up and ventured forth... Fergus booked it home and Karma sprinted most of the walk to keep warm, and Cyren waited to get home to play "drag mommy through the snow by her pant leg" to finish off the last stages of hypothermia.

Now I am succumbing to her thrashing me with couch pillows and playing stafford races in the upstairs hallway. Hoping for a Chinook, because I am losing my mind. -29 right now, please kill me.

lol... that's why I have to take them. It turns into a zoo! -29, we wouldn't be going out.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Triple 6 wrote:lol... that's why I have to take them. It turns into a zoo! -29, we wouldn't be going out.

We Albertans go tobogganing in -21... My dogs are perfect when they are tired and exercised... it is a gong show right now.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ha, we Albertans are sun tanning at that balmy reading
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

normaM wrote:ha, we Albertans are sun tanning at that balmy reading

:coffeecanuck: No kidding... I think I need a St Bernard to carry brandy around it's neck for days like this. Such hardship you guys endure...
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Dog's 24-strong litter 'a record'

A mastiff dog is set to break a world record after giving birth to a litter of 24 puppies.

Breeders Damian Ward and his girlfriend Anne Kellegher, from Manea, Cambs, had only been expecting two-year-old Tia to give birth to 10.

Unfortunately, four of the pups have now died, but the remaining pups - which are now seven weeks old - are thought to be worth about £1,000 each.

A Guinness World Records spokesman said the current record stands at 23.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 5.stmDog's 24-strong litter 'a record'
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

normaM wrote:ha, we Albertans are sun tanning at that balmy reading

Like you'd go out in that cold unless you ride a heated sedan chair to your waiting limo...

geeZuzzzz
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ha.. I shoveled for over 2 hours, then walked the dog twice. I survived a winter in Whitehorse, dropped down to minus 40. Tires froze to the ground. Nothing closed either.
juliebeth
Board Meister

Post by juliebeth »

Rally together weather wimps! My doggie had to stay inside yesterday. Like hell I was going out.

I love it when she digs around in the snow and gets a big white mustache on her black nose though. Pretty darn cute.

Maybe I will be more brave tonight. Not really fair to her, but she's put me through a lot this week herself. Eating things she shouldn't, injuring herself, silly girl.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”