The Rainbow Bridge

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.

Re: The Rainbow Bridge

Postby Queen K » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Glacier wrote:Well wouldn't you know it, when you finally lose all hope, and you see cougar tracks with a mother and kitten or two assuming the worst, the unexpected happens, and she came back. 5 days gone, now she shows up! She is normally not out more than half an hour this time of year.

So false alarm, we thought she was a conner, but the cat came back!

She was a conner, she conned you into thinkin' the cougar got her. :130:
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.

3 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13808 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Jan 9th, 2019, 3:59 pm

awesome news..............nice to have something good once in a while. what area are you in to have cougars in your yard?
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 1793 posts

Postby Glacier » Jan 9th, 2019, 4:03 pm

LOL, ever since I switched to my smart phone I keep getting those "damn you autocorrect" moments. I guess "gonner" (or whatever I typed) corrected to conner, not goner.At least it didn't correct to gonorrhea. Definitely wouldn't want that to come back.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10476 posts

Postby Glacier » Jan 9th, 2019, 4:12 pm

vegas1500 wrote:awesome news..............nice to have something good once in a while. what area are you in to have cougars in your yard?

North Okanagan outside of Coldstream. We have cougars all the time. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not talking about that kind of cougar that you'd like to encounter. These are vicious as the prey on small animals and deer pretty close to my place. I'm less than 1 km from crown land and the last 0.5 km of the separation is private land is undeveloped.
“We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.”
~Ravi Zacharias

vegas1500 likes this post.
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 10476 posts

Postby just popping in » Jan 9th, 2019, 4:28 pm

That is one smart kitty you have to survive in the wild. Such a happy ending for all.
just popping in
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 477 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Jan 9th, 2019, 6:08 pm

Glacier wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:awesome news..............nice to have something good once in a while. what area are you in to have cougars in your yard?

North Okanagan outside of Coldstream. We have cougars all the time. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not talking about that kind of cougar that you'd like to encounter. These are vicious as the prey on small animals and deer pretty close to my place. I'm less than 1 km from crown land and the last 0.5 km of the separation is private land is undeveloped.

Haha, I knew you meant the 4 legged kind!
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 1793 posts

Previous

Return to The Pet Lounge