Quiet On Leash Dog Parks

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
kelownawriter
Fledgling

Quiet On Leash Dog Parks

Post by kelownawriter »

I am pet sitting in a few weeks and that includes a slightly senior wee bit anxious small dog. I'd like to take her on a field trip or two particularly to a dog park. She doesn't often go and having jaunted with her in the past I think she'd really enjoy it because she has plenty of zest in her. Any walking parks that are usually quieter? Travel is limited so nothing out of town. The city has a list of parks, and I'm hoping to narrow it down.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Re: Quiet On Leash Dog Parks

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

The one on Enterprise behind the Shaw building is usually quiet (at least it was when I was going on a regular basis). They also have nice walking paths outside of the off-leash area.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

The one off Gordon (behind the ball parks - just before H2O) has a separate section just for little dogs off leash and there's the Mission greenway right next to it for a stroll in the shade.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

There is a park on the top of Dilworth mountain (Dilworth Park?) that has a nice looping trail. It has been very quiet the two times we were there. Lovely for an early morning or early evening stroll with great views of the city.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
kelownawriter
Fledgling

Post by kelownawriter »

That little dog only area sounds fun!

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I am excited to take her out. I hope to make it special for her.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”