Cat Litter, choices.... think of your cat's health

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Cat Litter, choices.... think of your cat's health

Post by GordonH »

So today there are so many choices of Cat litter (in no order):

● Bamboo
● Corn
● Wheat
● Pine
● Walnut
● Paper
● Crystal
● Grass
So many choices to choose from each has it pro's & con's, 1 thing they don't have the last one does that is dust.

● Clay---- this is worse litter on the market, with clay there is no such thing as dust free. When your cat go's they have breath in that clay dust. impo this product should be removed
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Cat Litter, choices.... think of your cat's health

Post by w84u2 »

I know of many people that use wood pellets. The kind they use for wood stoves. 40# bag at Mara Lumber is about $7. (Don't quote my price) Call them for a quote.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

w84u2 wrote:I know of many people that use wood pellets. The kind they use for wood stoves. 40# bag at Mara Lumber is about $7. (Don't quote my price) Call them for a quote.

As long as its just raw wood pellets with nothing added, pine pellets cat litter maybe exact same thing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

w84u2 wrote:I know of many people that use wood pellets. The kind they use for wood stoves. 40# bag at Mara Lumber is about $7. (Don't quote my price) Call them for a quote.

GordonH wrote:As long as its just raw wood pellets with nothing added, pine pellets cat litter maybe exact same thing.

Pet store pellet litter is much more costly. One thing that we don't like about the hardware store pine pellets, is that they smell funky.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:As long as its just raw wood pellets with nothing added, pine pellets cat litter maybe exact same thing.

kgcayenne wrote:Pet store pellet litter is much more costly. One thing that we don't like about the hardware store pine pellets, is that they smell funky.

Since burning them they don't need to smell nice, of course those sold in pet store would have light scent.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

...good thing my cats stick their heads out of the litter boxes when they go [icon_lol2.gif]
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

news paper pelts too.

We mix with the corn litter for happy cats.
Last edited by WeatherWoman on Mar 15th, 2017, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

kgcayenne wrote:

Pet store pellet litter is much more costly. One thing that we don't like about the hardware store pine pellets, is that they smell funky.

I've been using the hardwear store pellets for a few years now. From time to time I end up with a bag that has some weird smelling pellets, but for the most part they just smell like wood. Cheap to use. I have 2 cats and go through a big bag ($4.99-$5.99) every 2 or 3 weeks. Cheaper than any other litter out there. The pellets are good at controlling odour (unless you don't scoop it for a week) and it doesn't get tracked all over the house like clay or clumping litter does.

Return to “The Pet Lounge”