Help them,and they will remember you.

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.

Help them,and they will remember you.

Postby oldtrucker » May 2nd, 2018, 12:28 pm

In 2007, a baby crow ended up in my yard that was rejected or whatever happened by its mother. I named him "Crowey" ( super original ). When he was old enough, I let him fly away and I hoped for the best. I didn't know if he was alive or dead until a few days later, he returned and he continued to visit and/ or follow me off and on for a few years after. I could tell it was him from his voice as I busted his squawker once when I was feeding him as a baby. He had a unique squawk after that.

In 2011 a pair of ducks showed up on my doorstep, one with a busted foot and the other with a injured wing. I named them "Quacky and Quacker" (super original). I fed/helped them and let them hang out at my place and after they were healthy, they left.Now they return at the same time of year ,every year, and hang at my place for about 3 to 6 weeks. When they first show up in the spring, they are very vocal, chattering away and telling me about their 'duck day' or year.

In 2013, I ended up saving a bat that got into trouble. I think I named him 'Radar'. He wasn't with me for very long -less than a week, but it remembered, and it visited every night for a month until I left the area I was in at the time.

The pet turtle (name-Wrinkles) comes for a visit once in a while but doesn't say much. There is a slightly smaller one around called "Speed". I don't have a pic of him...he's to fast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some may view my above politically incorrect opinions as 'harsh' and may even be offended by them. Some think political correctness will be our undoing.

7 people like this post.
oldtrucker
Übergod

Liked in: 908 posts

Re: Help them,and they will remember you.

Postby sobrohusfat » May 3rd, 2018, 6:39 pm

named him "Crowey" ( super original )
named them "Quacky and Quacker" (super original)

There's a random black kitty that comes around

let her spend a cold winter night indoors when she came around looking beat-up

still comes around and hangs-out here with our critters when she feels like it (& overnight sometimes in winter)

named her Black-Kitty (super original)

that was up until that unfortunate black kitty sleeping on black computer desk chair in dark room incident

calling her Black-Squishy now

she sure made a odd sound when i sat on her

black squishy.jpg

freaked me out

she's fine

still loves me

just wont go near that chair now tho
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAY THE BRIDGES I BURN LIGHT THE WAY

ferri likes this post.
sobrohusfat
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2056 posts

Re: Help them,and they will remember you.

Postby vegas1500 » May 3rd, 2018, 7:57 pm

OP, much respect.....nothing greater than helping an injured animal.

ferri likes this post.
vegas1500
Übergod

Liked in: 1928 posts

Return to The Pet Lounge