dogs in cars

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.

dogs in cars

Postby kmarina » Aug 11th, 2018, 6:56 am

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#233645

What on is wrong with some people who are still taking there dogs out in this brutal heat? Unless someone has a pea sized brain how on earth could they have have not heard all the alerts, warnings and tragedies that have and are happening? It's great the person who took the pics and alerted Castanet sat with the dogs for 20 minutes but how about next time call the SPCA, 911, run in the store and alert customer service so they can announce to the moronic owner to take action...
Take pics of the license plate so things can be followed up with the SPCA, bylaw or police. Last, $150 fine by bylaw, really? Animals deserve much better care and treatment.
I think we can all imagine the torture it would be to be stuck in a car on a sticking hot day. Perhaps the owner should experience that and then she would rightfully have something to swear about.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Aug 11th, 2018, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited to post link.

cubafreak likes this post.
kmarina

Liked in: 2 posts

Re: dogs in cars

Postby Bsuds » Aug 11th, 2018, 8:45 am

They should make her sit in a hot car under the same conditions. The dogs should be taken away from her as well, for their own safety.
I know the voices aren't real but they sure do come up with some good ideas!

cubafreak likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 11965 posts

Postby MalaPropina » Aug 11th, 2018, 1:24 pm

One of the best videos I have seen on this. Windows open on a breezy day makes no difference. People who leave dogs in cars should be subject to animal cruelty charges.
MalaPropina
Fledgling

Liked in: 271 posts

Postby GordonH » Aug 11th, 2018, 1:44 pm

impo any pet owner who leaves their dog or cat in a hot vehicle should have that pet removed from them permanently, as well be banned from owning a pet for "x" amount of time.

Some humans are just pure dumba :cuss: es, it's bad enough to leave a pet in a hot vehicle. You've got to be a complete f :cuss: ing idiot to leave a child in a hot vehicle. This one should come with jail time.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

MalaPropina likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 8292 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby alanjh595 » Aug 11th, 2018, 2:54 pm

MalaPropina wrote:

One of the best videos I have seen on this. Windows open on a breezy day makes no difference. People who leave dogs in cars should be subject to animal cruelty charges.

You can just tell the difference between his voice from start to finish, that he was distressed. AND that was a light coloured car.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

MalaPropina likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3917 posts

Postby MalaPropina » Aug 11th, 2018, 4:35 pm

alanjh595 wrote:You can just tell the difference between his voice from start to finish, that he was distressed. AND that was a light coloured car.

Near the end where he talks about knowing what's going on and being in control of the situation really hits it. A dog, or cat, doesn't. They just know they are in some kind of danger with no escape. How terrifying that must be. That psychological cruelty in addition of the physical is inexcusable. Its abuse. Period. I don't take my pets anywhere during the hot summer months, even with a/c in the car. They are much happier at home.

fvkasm2x likes this post.
MalaPropina
Fledgling

Liked in: 271 posts

Return to The Pet Lounge