On leash dog areas

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.

Re: On leash dog areas

Postby maple leaf » Dec 16th, 2018, 12:56 pm

LTD wrote:

your dog has a problem and will react the same way if I walk by on the sidewalk with my dog on a leash therefore it should be muzzled in public, its not the first time I have seen this issue with little dogs blaming others wont solve the problem[/quote]

Wrong, I know how my dog is and I do what is in my control to keep him away from larger dogs that he will react to in a defensive manner. By having him leashed and I will move to the other side of the street or park when there is a larger dog nearby. What I can't control is the dog that is not on a leash in an on leash required area that runs up to mine who doesn't ask for his company. The blame lies on those who choose to ignore the rules made to protect all dogs and their owners. My dog doesn't need to to be muzzled so you can break the rules. You need to obey the rules and leash your dog in a leash area.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
― Albert Einstein

Liked in: 496 posts

Postby Fancy » Dec 16th, 2018, 2:26 pm

If dog owners adhere to the rules and have their dogs leashed and under control, there's no reason why any dog should get close to another one to bite. A fixed leash of 6 feet should make it easy to establish and maintain control.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

2 people like this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7557 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 16th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Fancy wrote:If dog owners adhere to the rules and have their dogs leashed and under control, there's no reason why any dog should get close to another one to bite. A fixed leash of 6 feet should make it easy to establish and maintain control.

Unfortunately not all dog owners are as smart as their dogs and adhere by the rules.
I could wake up early tomorrow and go running, or I could win the lottery...the odds are about the same.

Catsumi likes this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 12421 posts

Postby Fancy » Dec 16th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Bsuds wrote:Unfortunately not all dog owners are as smart as their dogs and adhere by the rules.

True but they then shouldn't cry foul if something happens to their dog because they didn't look after it.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

maple leaf likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 7557 posts

Postby maple leaf » Dec 16th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Bsuds wrote:
Unfortunately not all dog owners are as smart as their dogs and adhere by the rules.

Hence the thread topic to get people to start taking responsibility and putting the best interest of their pets ahead of their own by keeping it safe by following the rules put in place to protect all dogs and their owners. Because there are lots of people who don't clue in that they are putting their pet at risk by letting it run free in leashed areas. Again just because your dog is friendly and loves every other dog doesn't mean every dog is.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
― Albert Einstein

Triple 6 likes this post.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 496 posts

Previous

Return to The Pet Lounge