Need help understanding dog owners

All about your pets. Bring kibble. And bits.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Need help understanding dog owners

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

HI:
I thought I would post this in the Pet Lounge as the majority of you have pets.
We own a lazy lump pampered indoor cat. It will probably outlive us at this point.

I am trying to figure out why so many dog owners feel that they have some sort of Privilege as Prince and Princesses :hailjo: to be able to drag their dogs out of their yards to foul everyone's yard except their own?

I live in a suburb so and do not have a dog. If I lived on an acreage away from others that may change owning a dog.
But I doubt it.
Unleashed dogs have attacked me in my own yard.
Dogs have bitten friends when I was a kid. One almost lost an eye.
The pee from them destroys my yard and smells.

Why should I as a non dog owner have to put up with disrespectful dog owners?
If you as a dog owner do not like what dogs do to your yard - then why do you think that anyone else would like it?
If you don't like the smell of dog pee in your yard then don't have a dog.
Should I be able to change the oil in my car and then take the used oil and dump it on a dog owner's yard?
There is really no difference.
IMO
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
seewood
Guru

Re: Need help understanding dog owners

Post by seewood »

NotNorthAnymore wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 9:12 am I am trying to figure out why so many dog owners feel that they have some sort of Privilege as Prince and Princesses to be able to drag their dogs out of their yards to foul everyone's yard except their own?
We are dog owners and have been since the early 80's. All I can say that it is totally disrespectful for a dog owner to let his or her pooch piddle or poop on another's private property, regardless if they pick up the poop .

While walking among the streets, I think it is a dumb thing to not have your dog on a leash. Not just for the fact they may use a yard for their business, or chase a cat around and not least, have your pooch dash in front of a car. Around here the speeds, ignorance and lack of respect from drivers for the most part is astounding.

I've seen house owners put up those small wire fences we see around gardens, to delineate their property and act as a bit of a deterrence for dogs to cross.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Even people that own dogs (like me) shake their heads at disrespectful dog owners and there's plenty of them out there. Used to be a saying "curb your dog" meaning the dog uses the gutter to do their business and not someone's lawn that so many take particular care over. Didn't want my kids running through poop and dragging it into the house so I have always made sure to pick up after mine. Your frustration will go unheeded because those that let their dogs run amok simply don't care.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I don't understand dog lovers either. You have to drag them outside/or have them in a yard and you have to pick up their crap. You have to make arrangements if you go on trips. You have to put up with barking. You have to feel like you have a stalker when you eat food. Some dogs you have to dread when they are around strangers or other dogs. You spend a ton of money on dog food. I think dog owners are insane.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 10:24 am I don't understand dog lovers either. You have to drag them outside/or have them in a yard and you have to pick up their crap. You have to make arrangements if you go on trips. You have to put up with barking. You have to feel like you have a stalker when you eat food. Some dogs you have to dread when they are around strangers or other dogs. You spend a ton of money on dog food. I think dog owners are insane.
LOL
- never have to drag my dog out
- easier to pick up their poop than change a diaper
- lots of good boarding kennels around but I'd rather take my dog with me
- not much of a barker but glad there's that alarm when someone approaches the house
- not a stalker - a starer with food (never blinks)
- never had an issue with strangers and other dogs (I deal with that appropriately)
- rather spend money on my dog than Christmas
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As far as not picking up after the dog - please don't pick up and drop the bag on someone else's property. How rude is that?
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

NotNorthAnymore wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 9:12 am HI:
I thought I would post this in the Pet Lounge as the majority of you have pets.
We own a lazy lump pampered indoor cat. It will probably outlive us at this point.

I am trying to figure out why so many dog owners feel that they have some sort of Privilege as Prince and Princesses :hailjo: to be able to drag their dogs out of their yards to foul everyone's yard except their own?

I live in a suburb so and do not have a dog. If I lived on an acreage away from others that may change owning a dog.
But I doubt it.
Unleashed dogs have attacked me in my own yard.
Dogs have bitten friends when I was a kid. One almost lost an eye.
The pee from them destroys my yard and smells.

Why should I as a non dog owner have to put up with disrespectful dog owners?
If you as a dog owner do not like what dogs do to your yard - then why do you think that anyone else would like it?
If you don't like the smell of dog pee in your yard then don't have a dog.
Should I be able to change the oil in my car and then take the used oil and dump it on a dog owner's yard?
There is really no difference.
IMO
Yup feel the same way about peoples cats pooping in our landscaping I'm gonna pour BBQ sauce on my neighbors cat so he tastes better for the coyotes
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Boosted632 wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 2:37 pm
Yup feel the same way about peoples cats pooping in our landscaping I'm gonna pour BBQ sauce on my neighbors cat so he tastes better for the coyotes
Yup! Came home one day a couple of weeks ago and our neighbors cat is pooping in one of our empty cement flower pots.

I don't understand free roaming cats. I have to keep my dog on a leash but a cat is ok to run free in the neighborhood.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Fancy wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 10:34 am LOL
- never have to drag my dog out
- easier to pick up their poop than change a diaper
- lots of good boarding kennels around but I'd rather take my dog with me
- not much of a barker but glad there's that alarm when someone approaches the house
- not a stalker - a starer with food (never blinks)
- never had an issue with strangers and other dogs (I deal with that appropriately)
- rather spend money on my dog than Christmas
:up: :up: And the best one is : you can sell their kids.
Love dogs, well most anyway. Ones that initiate an unprovoked attack I have no time for. Watching them( ours and others all shapes and sizes) run around ( off leash) with new found friends in the park in the early morning puts a smile on my face.
I get it, not everyone is a dog lover and once I figure who those are, they are avoided.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Bsuds wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 3:30 pm
Boosted632 wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 2:37 pm
Yup! Came home one day a couple of weeks ago and our neighbors cat is pooping in one of our empty cement flower pots.

I don't understand free roaming cats. I have to keep my dog on a leash but a cat is ok to run free in the neighborhood.
Can't stand the cats and dogs that leave deposits in our yard.

And then there's the bear that leaves a large one pretty well every fall.

And the deer that leave little round brownies around the yard, and I have to pick them up before the little kids start their Easter egg hunt. :-X
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

bb49 wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 4:27 pm
And the deer that leave little round brownies around the yard, and I have to pick them up before the little kids start their Easter egg hunt. :-X
Raccoons leave a nice mess too. Had one who likes sleeping on our roof and using it for his/her bathroom.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

So basically - pets are wonderful. :130:

Owners who don't control & clean up after their pets, suck. :swear:

:admin:
I haven't failed until I quit.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^ pretty well sums it up ! :130:
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Dec 8th, 2021, 10:24 am I don't understand dog lovers either. You have to drag them outside/or have them in a yard and you have to pick up their crap. You have to make arrangements if you go on trips. You have to put up with barking. You have to feel like you have a stalker when you eat food. Some dogs you have to dread when they are around strangers or other dogs. You spend a ton of money on dog food. I think dog owners are insane.
You have never known the love and companionship of a dog. If you had, you would understand.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

mexi cali wrote: Dec 11th, 2021, 9:29 am
You have never known the love and companionship of a dog. If you had, you would understand.
x2 :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “The Pet Lounge”