Boonstock forging ahead

FreeRights
Guru

Re: Boonstock forging ahead

Post by FreeRights »

Daspoot wrote:I was going to question the $42.50 single person dinners, but thought it would come across as petty, but then I just got home from a good 4 person lunch that didn't hit $50.

All this is just an aside, and running up expense accounts is neither new, nor limited to RCMP.

I find it amusing because food allowances (per diems) are covered by their Collective Bargaining Agreement and if we were discussing probably any other unionized staff member in any other industry, people would be chanting how we're trampling on their union rights by questioning the per diem.

But because they're police, now somehow they're just short of fraud.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

correct on all counts
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

My employer/contract allows me $55 per DAY for food allowances if I am away on business. I can do quite nicely on that amount. Its not extravagant but its certainly adequate.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

pentona wrote:My employer/contract allows me $55 per DAY for food allowances if I am away on business. I can do quite nicely on that amount. Its not extravagant but its certainly adequate.

I get $75.00 per day for food allowance, when work takes me out of town, is that too much, i think so, but i do not make the rules
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

the truth wrote:
can you provide proof of this please.i will be waiting
thank you

Sure its posted in here.

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/24326 ... ode=scroll
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

thanks
so whats the problem then????
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

the truth wrote:thanks
so whats the problem then????

That $5000 sheriff bill for one, billing time and half, then double time. Lots of pointless spending on things like, bean bag ammo, coolers, sunscreen, the list goes on.
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

We're glad to see everybody's doing some reading.

Daspoot wrote:I was going to question the $42.50 single person dinners, but thought it would come across as petty, but then I just got home from a good 4 person lunch that didn't hit $50.

All this is just an aside, and running up expense accounts is neither new, nor limited to RCMP.

Hey, let’s go to Bogners.

Uh, oh, looks like the Filet might go over budget. $42.00

And even if we tried to economize by splitting the dinner for two, we might need to stretch it to dinner for three. $120.00

Oh well, we could try the Hooded Merganser Filet $35.50

Or Earls $36.00

Ah, tell you what; let’s just go buy some steak, spuds, and corn on the cob, along with a disposable barbecue and a 24 pack of Kokanees. We can use that ‘Tire’ cooler and a couple of those ice packs we got. Then we’ll probably have enough dough left over to get a lap dance each at Slack Alice`s.

Fess up time: Just the depraved (oops) deprived life on the road away from the little women for an 'experienced' public servant and his buddies.
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

Gixxer wrote:Seems like the RCMP went crazy on Boonstocks expense account, charging up whatever they wanted.

So, just one of the risks eh?

Well, as we heard Pierre Kruger, PIB Elder, say in a Global news report back then. "I feel sad when young people die unnecessarily. We can't control them you know."

And according to the BC Major Planned Events Guidelines

http://www.embc.gov.bc.ca/em/Community/%20...%20elines.pdf

Local Authorities don’t have control over provincial agencies that provide services within their jurisdictions (pg. 33).

So it seems like even future Boonstocks might have a challenge with trying to control both the kids and the cops. Interesting.
Last edited by WTTG on Nov 23rd, 2014, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

WTTG wrote:We're glad to see everybody's doing some reading.

Hey, let’s go to Bogners.

Uh, oh, looks like the Filet might go over budget. $42.00

And even if we tried to economize by splitting the dinner for two, we might need to stretch it to dinner for three. $120.00

Oh well, we could try the Hooded Merganser Filet $35.50

Or Earls $36.00

Ah, tell you what; let’s just go buy some steak, spuds, and corn on the cob, along with a disposable barbecue and a 24 pack of Kokanees. We can use that ‘Tire’ cooler and a couple of those ice packs we got. Then we’ll probably have enough dough left over to get a lap dance each at Slack Alice`s.

Fess up time: Just the depraved (oops) deprived life on the road away from the little women for an 'experienced' public servant and his buddies.

Your two examples of the extreme ends of the spectrum are telling of a clear ignorance of the huge middle ground many fail to grasp.

ps: Slacks burned to the ground and never offered lap dances.

RIP the Front Street Office.
On a different forum
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

Uh, huh, but it was still standing when we came to town on our travel budget. That's how we fell in love with the place. Wasn't that one of the objectives for supporting Boonstock?
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

WTTG wrote:Seems like even future Boonstocks might have a challenge with trying to control both the kids and the cops. Interesting.

Absolutely right, welcome to life, and it's certainly not a reason to lock the door, turn out the lights and wring the curtains.

The people who press wring marks out of curtains have been doing okay, other than that all other revenues in the Valley are down because of the paranoia people are allowed to propagate in their gated communities with other like-minded curmudgeons.
On a different forum
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

WTTG wrote:Uh, huh, but it was still standing when we came to town on our travel budget. That's how we fell in love with the place. Wasn't that one of the objectives for supporting Boonstock?

You get the strippers, I'll bring the Gin and we'll relive the glory days and try to find a common ground, deal?
On a different forum
WTTG

Post by WTTG »

Love to, but it would probably kill us.

Um, back to business . . .

WTTG wrote:And to Boonstock--take all this experience and the new Planned Event Guidelines and work towards doing a better job for next year. The project manager one of us says a ratio of 90% planning to 10% execution with thorough and open evaluation after the fact might even lead to success all around.

Well what do you know? A link from the BC Major Planned Events Guidelines that DT posted here awhile back.

After Action Checklist and Case Study
http://www.alnap.org/pool/files/aar_case_study.pdf
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Sorry, you lost me at the 50 page study of:

"A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF AFTER ACTION REVIEW (AAR) IN THE CONTEXT OF THE SOUTHERN AFRICA CRISIS"

that you linked.

I like to read, learn, debate and challenge what I perceive to be flawed logic when I get time, but 50 pages on the S.A. Crisis pushes me beyond my limit on the Sunday afternoon on the www GAS (give a poop) zone.

I maintain that strippers and Gin are a better plan.

Anyone second the motion?
On a different forum

Return to “North Okanagan”