Penticton council - cell tower - Is this true?

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Penticton council - cell tower - Is this true?

Post by fluffy »

Thinktank wrote:What's this world coming to when city council can decide such things?

I don't think they're thinking this through. If you look a the map that GordonH linked to above it shows quite plainly that the greatest conglomerations of cel towers occur in places with serious traffic problems like Kelowna and Vancouver. I wonder if council has budgeted for the road improvements this new tower is going to necessitate?

Discuss.
Last edited by fluffy on Feb 19th, 2015, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denial is based on one very specific desire – for something to not be true.
Thinktank
Guru

Post by Thinktank »

Put the tower on top of Munson Mountain like city council was going to put
a prison on top of Munson Mountain - to attract tourists.

There's not much people on top of Munson Mountain - except when people walk up there to see the view.
And we know the Western slobs in government could EASILY have negotiated peace in Ukraine - but - simply - they didn't want to.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote:New study links over 7,000 cancer deaths to cell phone tower radiation exposures

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040905_cell_ ... z3SD8X9000

I trump your study with info from the Cancer societies website. I give them more credibility than yours.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercaus ... one-towers
Hafa adai
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Big Pharma is presently creating a vaccine to protect against cell tower radiation.
Would you take it, if it was recommended by the shill doctors who are in the pocket of Big Pharma and would you believe research put forward by corrupt researchers for Big Pharma?
Or, would you prefer the herbal supplements that are promoted by holistic websites?

Discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
Thinktank
Guru

Post by Thinktank »

LANDM wrote:Or, would you prefer the herbal supplements that are promoted by holistic websites?
Discuss.

I would prefer if Penticton city council didn't have the authority to make decisions
because of some of the things they have done in the past. They lost a fortune on the SOEC
events center, and then try grabbing money everywhere they can.

If Penticton owns the land and will be making the profit - Penticton should not be the ones deciding how healthy a cell tower is.

that's insane. It's like asking an oil company if sour gas leaks are 'safe.'

Its a crooked way of doing things.

I might have to protest in front of city hall.
Last edited by Thinktank on Feb 19th, 2015, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
And we know the Western slobs in government could EASILY have negotiated peace in Ukraine - but - simply - they didn't want to.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Thinktank wrote:I would prefer if Penticton city council didn't have the authority to make decisions
because of some of the things they have done in the past.

Who then ?
Thinktank
Guru

Post by Thinktank »

fluffy wrote:
Who then ?

If Rogers causes cancer for someone - let them pay $100 million.

Otherwise, let Rogers have less cell phone coverage.

Greed. It's no good.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

The biggest reason behind adding cell towers is usually due to large amounts complaints by cellphone users, about dropped calls/dead zones (especially in urban areas).

So that company (cellphone provider) determines best possible location to get largest area coverage.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

fluffy wrote:Who then ?

Thinktank wrote:If Rogers causes cancer for someone - let them pay $100 million.

Otherwise, let Rogers have less cell phone coverage.

So the cel phone companies should decide?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Thinktank wrote:
I would prefer if Penticton city council didn't have the authority to make decisions
because of some of the things they have done in the past. They lost a fortune on the SOEC
events center, and then try grabbing money everywhere they can.

If Penticton owns the land and will be making the profit - Penticton should not be the ones deciding how healthy a cell tower is.

that's insane. It's like asking an oil company if sour gas leaks are 'safe.'

Its a crooked way of doing things.

I might have to protest in front of city hall.

And who should have the authority to make municipal decisions on land use?

Discuss.
You and 71 others Like this post
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

GordonH wrote:The biggest reason behind adding cell towers is usually due to large amounts complaints by cellphone users, about dropped calls/dead zones (especially in urban areas).

So that company (cellphone provider) determines best possible location to get largest area coverage.

I highly doubt this theory one bit. Surely on top of a mtn such as Campbell Mtn would be better than down on the flat on Upper Bench Road. The cel company likely wants to avoid a more costly land aquisistion lease so goes to private citizen and avoids it.

The city should deny the application and keep the neighbours happy and then lease the cel company some land up Campbell Mtn (I believe the city owns the land). Money maker for the city coffers and also would keep the neighbours on Upper Bench road a lot happier.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:The biggest reason behind adding cell towers is usually due to large amounts complaints by cellphone users, about dropped calls/dead zones (especially in urban areas).

pentona wrote:I highly doubt this theory one bit. Surely on top of a mtn such as Campbell Mtn would be better than down on the flat on Upper Bench Road. The cel company likely wants to avoid a more costly land aquisistion lease so goes to private citizen and avoids it.

The city should deny the application and keep the neighbours happy and then lease the cel company some land up Campbell Mtn (I believe the city owns the land). Money maker for the city coffers and also would keep the neighbours on Upper Bench road a lot happier.

If Campbell Mtn is to east of planed location then Telus already has there towers on it.

Added: you should check the map I posted shows all the towers in the area & which provider they are
Last edited by GordonH on Feb 19th, 2015, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
Thinktank
Guru

Post by Thinktank »

GordonH wrote:
If Campbell Mtn is to east of planed location then Telus already has there towers on it.

See - I never even knew that. As long as it's far enough away from people no one complains.

Putting it on Upper Bench Rd would be the biggest *bleep* decision city council has ever made.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Not to mention that an Upper Bench Road Street address doesn't mean it will be right on the street, many of the lots along that road stretch quite a ways up the mountain side.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

fluffy wrote:Not to mention that an Upper Bench Road Street address doesn't mean it will be right on the street, many of the lots along that road stretch quite a ways up the mountain side.

Weren't there plans to locate a new large subdivision on the side of Campbell Mtn at one time? Just what they need; get the cel tower in before any houses go in. Then it would be grandfathered. Not too swift. This must be a Rogers proposal? As I believe that Telus has cel towers already on Campbell Mountain.

You are correct Fluffy. It could be right back against the mountain side. I tried to locate 127 Upper Bench Road S on google maps and couldn't find it. The addresses even and odd are on both sides of the road and then there is the North and South issue. Hard to say if its on the East or West side. Will have to drive up there and see. There should signage mentioning the application.

I wouldn't be too concerned if it was up against the Mountain. I am more concerned with putting up cel antennas on existing structures in the city. There is one in the 2400 block of South Main Street on an apartment block. Numerous antennas; I think they are cel related. The residents who live there may make some money from renting the space but it would not help your property values, though the strata must've had a vote on this issue to allow it.

Return to “North Okanagan”