Vernon sports consignment store claims bankruptcy

coffeeFreak
Guru

Vernon sports consignment store claims bankruptcy

Post by coffeeFreak »

Made a third attempt to pick up ski boots I had on consignment at Vernon's Instant Replay Sports yesterday. The first time (the end of Jan) they convinced me to leave them in the store a bit longer, the second time (Feb) the computer system was down...and this time the doors were locked and a notice of bankruptcy was taped on the door. So very annoyed, as I am out about $350 worth of boot... Grrrrr!! So not impressed.
Ken7
Guru

Re: Vernon Sports Consignment Store Claims Bankruptcy

Post by Ken7 »

coffeeFreak wrote:Made a third attempt to pick up ski boots I had on consignment at Vernon's Instant Replay Sports yesterday. The first time (the end of Jan) they convinced me to leave them in the store a bit longer, the second time (Feb) the computer system was down...and this time the doors were locked and a notice of bankruptcy was taped on the door. So very annoyed, as I am out about $350 worth of boot... Grrrrr!! So not impressed.

I had this happen with a ring once at a jewelry store. Look at the sign again, there should be a contact number and you should get your property back through the company that has control. Good luck!
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Ken7 wrote:Look at the sign again, there should be a contact number and you should get your property back through the company that has control. Good luck!

Agreed. With bankruptcy there will a trustee in control, and it will be their intent to collect any fees owing on the boots rather than just sell goods they have no clear title to.
Heal the sick, feed the hungry, care for the weakest among us, and always pray in private.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Thank you for that info :)
wanderingman
Übergod

Re: Vernon sports consignment store claims bankruptcy

Post by wanderingman »

coffeeFreak wrote:Made a third attempt to pick up ski boots I had on consignment at Vernon's Instant Replay Sports yesterday. The first time (the end of Jan) they convinced me to leave them in the store a bit longer, the second time (Feb) the computer system was down...and this time the doors were locked and a notice of bankruptcy was taped on the door. So very annoyed, as I am out about $350 worth of boot... Grrrrr!! So not impressed.

two things no one cares about the boots and USED ski boots do not sell for 350$ u can buy great brand NEW boots for 250-500$
and lower to mid range for 149-199
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

That's probably why the store went under. I've been in there a number of times, but left empty handed every time but once because their prices weren't that great. I usually ended up buying new for few a dollars more.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Consignment sports stores always fail.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Glacier wrote:That's probably why the store went under. I've been in there a number of times, but left empty handed every time but once because their prices weren't that great. I usually ended up buying new for few a dollars more.

Consignment stores are basically a thing of the past. Ebay (and others) have captured that business. If the owner of those boots thinks that because he paid $500 for them last season, he should get $350 for them now......Ebay will tell him by the number of inquiries he gets at that price. And without the middleman consignment store that needs a cut to pay rent, wages, and utilities.

To the owner of the boots in question.....I hope you have iron clad proof of ownership, preferably with pictures, before you expect the receiver to just hand them over. The preference of creditors is very clear in bankruptcy law and you could very possibly find yourself as an unsecured creditor behind CRA, WCB, unpaid wages, and any secured note holders.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

wanderingman wrote:
two things no one cares about the boots and USED ski boots do not sell for 350$ u can buy great brand NEW boots for 250-500$
and lower to mid range for 149-199

So you say there are two things. One is a disagreement on the price of used boots that is probably accurate. The second thing is "no one cares about the boots"My, aren't you a callous sob. I'm quite sure the owner cares about his boots and I am sure others out there hope he doesn't get hosed by being an innocent caught in a bankruptcy he had no part in. How bout a little compassion for a person that was just trying to sell some boots in good faith and got blindsided by a third party?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “North Okanagan”