Question about donated land

southy
Lord of the Board

Question about donated land

Post by southy »

I hope this isn't taken out of context. I respect David Kampe and what he has done for our city and the major donations he has made to hospital foundation. I do have a question though with regard to the property he donated to the foundation back in 2011. Here is the story from the Western - http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/131823413.html
I notice that the said property has become a storage facility for RV's. This may be none of my business, however, it would be interesting to know where the revenue from this RV storage facility is going. Does anyone know. Hopefully it is going back to the foundation or perhaps the foundation has leased this property out.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Question about donated land

Post by Anonymous123 »

southy wrote:I hope this isn't taken out of context. I respect David Kampe and what he has done for our city and the major donations he has made to hospital foundation. I do have a question though with regard to the property he donated to the foundation back in 2011. Here is the story from the Western - http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/news/131823413.html
I notice that the said property has become a storage facility for RV's. This may be none of my business, however, it would be interesting to know where the revenue from this RV storage facility is going. Does anyone know. Hopefully it is going back to the foundation or perhaps the foundation has leased this property out.

Maybe the revenue generated pays for the taxes. I wouldn't be surprised if the mini storage on the neighbouring property has a lease agreement with the Foundation. One would hope that there is an environmental clause in the agreement ( if there is one).
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The original Odeon Drive in property was 11.2 acres in size. It was bounded by Gov't St on the east, Camrose on the west, Okanagan ave on the south, and Industrial ave on the north. Two partners bought the entire parcel and subdivided off parcels to interested buyers. The first sale was to Adam Bauman (the guy that built 86 Lakeshore). He also owned a mini storage facility south of Dawson on Gov't st. With that purchase he built the mini storage you now see on the corner of Industrial and Gov't st. The second parcel was sold to the Tennert family of Westminster Equipment Rentals to relocate the business from the Westminster Ave location to the corner of Gov't st and Okanagan Ave. They subsequently purchased an additional piece on Okanagan Ave for one of the sons to open Westminster Party Rentals next to the equipment rental business. The next parcel sold was to OK Builders on the corner of Okanagan and Camrose. They use it as a storage yard. The remaining portion of approx 3 acres, being the corner of Industrial ave and Camrose, was purchased by Mr Kampe about 20 yrs ago. It remains to this date as undeveloped and unused. The RV rentals you see are not a part of the donated property.....that is part of the property owned by the Mini Storage facility. The Kampe donated property has no revenue stream at this time.

And yes, I know both of the original purchasers of the Odeon Theatre Drive in property very well.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Thanks for the clarification Twobits.
Darkre
Board Meister

Post by Darkre »

Looks like your info is out of date Twobits.

The Penticton Hospital Association leased the land to the mini-storage and the rental income will be used to pay administrative costs at the foundation.
http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/community/234683241.html
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

twobits wrote:The original Odeon Drive in property was 11.2 acres in size. It was bounded by Gov't St on the east, Camrose on the west, Okanagan ave on the south, and Industrial ave on the north. Two partners bought the entire parcel and subdivided off parcels to interested buyers. The first sale was to Adam Bauman (the guy that built 86 Lakeshore). He also owned a mini storage facility south of Dawson on Gov't st. With that purchase he built the mini storage you now see on the corner of Industrial and Gov't st. The second parcel was sold to the Tennert family of Westminster Equipment Rentals to relocate the business from the Westminster Ave location to the corner of Gov't st and Okanagan Ave. They subsequently purchased an additional piece on Okanagan Ave for one of the sons to open Westminster Party Rentals next to the equipment rental business. The next parcel sold was to OK Builders on the corner of Okanagan and Camrose. They use it as a storage yard. The remaining portion of approx 3 acres, being the corner of Industrial ave and Camrose, was purchased by Mr Kampe about 20 yrs ago. It remains to this date as undeveloped and unused. The RV rentals you see are not a part of the donated property.....that is part of the property owned by the Mini Storage facility. The Kampe donated property has no revenue stream at this time.

And yes, I know both of the original purchasers of the Odeon Theatre Drive in property very well.

Apparently this is not correct; they are making money off the donated property. Good find, Darkre. I would like to see it used for hospital staff parking. It would keep them off the streets. From all the cars parked on Industrial Avenue and nearby streets, it would appear that few staff are paying for parking on the PRH lot. I guess we cannot blame them if they can park for free, nearby.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

I stand corrected. I had not realized that rv's had moved onto Kampe's donated property. The boundary between the Kampe land and the mini storage land is the block wall. My apologies.
The history however is correct.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

twobits wrote:The original Odeon Drive in property was 11.2 acres in size. It was bounded by Gov't St on the east, Camrose on the west, Okanagan ave on the south, and Industrial ave on the north. Two partners bought the entire parcel and subdivided off parcels to interested buyers. The first sale was to Adam Bauman (the guy that built 86 Lakeshore). He also owned a mini storage facility south of Dawson on Gov't st. With that purchase he built the mini storage you now see on the corner of Industrial and Gov't st. The second parcel was sold to the Tennert family of Westminster Equipment Rentals to relocate the business from the Westminster Ave location to the corner of Gov't st and Okanagan Ave. They subsequently purchased an additional piece on Okanagan Ave for one of the sons to open Westminster Party Rentals next to the equipment rental business. The next parcel sold was to OK Builders on the corner of Okanagan and Camrose. They use it as a storage yard. The remaining portion of approx 3 acres, being the corner of Industrial ave and Camrose, was purchased by Mr Kampe about 20 yrs ago. It remains to this date as undeveloped and unused. The RV rentals you see are not a part of the donated property.....that is part of the property owned by the Mini Storage facility. The Kampe donated property has no revenue stream at this time.

pentona wrote:Apparently this is not correct; they are making money off the donated property. Good find, Darkre. I would like to see it used for hospital staff parking. It would keep them off the streets. From all the cars parked on Industrial Avenue and nearby streets, it would appear that few staff are paying for parking on the PRH lot. I guess we cannot blame them if they can park for free, nearby.

Let me add to that. I recently spent a few days at the Andy Moog House while a loved one was passing away. I witnessed a doctor pull up in his car, park it and walk over to the Hospital for his night shift. Now that's free parking.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent

Return to “North Okanagan”