Channel parkway

bmbear

Channel parkway

Post by bmbear »

I see you can't float past the new bridge. Any idea when it will be complete?
Last edited by bmbear on May 22nd, 2015, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony
Übergod

Re: Channel parkway

Post by Tony »

They're going to stop construction I believe at the end of the month in order not to disrupt the channel floating. They'll start up again in September....
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

what a mess
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Drove by yesterday and the workers were prepping the closed off areas for paving. We should have all lanes open soon. I wish there was an artists drawing of the bridge and intersection. Most projects have such renderings available to the public but I guess the PIB does things differently.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
mrmagoo
Fledgling

Post by mrmagoo »

JagXKR wrote: I wish there was an artists drawing of the bridge and intersection. Most projects have such renderings available to the public but I guess the PIB does things differently.

Yes. Well, do you mean something like the rendering that is publicly available on their website? http://www.pibdc.ca/
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Thank you for the link. I had not been to the web site since late April early May. The youtube video was posted May 7 and is nearly 8 minutes long. Very impressive and I now understand why the band won that recent award. They seem to be a very different band than a decade ago.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

http://www.penticton.ca/EN/meta/city-ne ... tions.html

According to this there is now NO access to Green Av from Hwy 97. Anyone drive by yet?
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

JagXKR wrote:http://www.penticton.ca/EN/meta/city-news/news-archives/2015_Archives/green-avenue-access-restrictions.html

According to this there is now NO access to Green Av from Hwy 97. Anyone drive by yet?

It shouldn't be a big deal. Easy access to anywhere on Green Ave from Skaha Lake Rd or Warren Ave. Penticton is too small for detours to cause much of an issue.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Maybe it's just while they're finishing up with the paving and redrawing the lines?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

rustled wrote:Maybe it's just while they're finishing up with the paving and redrawing the lines?

No, they will now have to connect to the city services, as per City of Penticton supply agreement, that are stubbed to the end of Green Ave. The north bound lanes of the Parkway will now have to be dug up to make the tie in connection to Green Ave.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

Went for a walk across the Okanagan River channel dam and noticed hundreds of fish which I presume we're carp or suckers swimming just outside the outfall. Can someone confirm these species of fish?
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

Dawnland
Board Meister

Post by Dawnland »

Here is a rendering of the bridge as well as the commercial district. On the site, the master plan is available as well.
http://www.satikwcrossing.com/
PIB and PIB Development Corporation are to be commended for the amazing work they are doing, even though floaters are inconvenienced until July 1st and traffic has a minor detour. The results of this project will change the landscape of Penticton.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Straight Shooter wrote:Went for a walk across the Okanagan River channel dam and noticed hundreds of fish which I presume we're carp or suckers swimming just outside the outfall. Can someone confirm these species of fish?

I believe they are lawyer fish.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Dawnland wrote:Here is a rendering of the bridge as well as the commercial district. On the site, the master plan is available as well.
http://www.satikwcrossing.com/
PIB and PIB Development Corporation are to be commended for the amazing work they are doing, even though floaters are inconvenienced until July 1st and traffic has a minor detour. The results of this project will change the landscape of Penticton.

Any word on who will be leasing there?

Return to “North Okanagan”