Huge RCMP Roadcheck

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Huge RCMP Roadcheck

Post by Donald G »

To jamapple ...

Another typical Canadian way of looking at things. Good for you. Good for Canada.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Now you've had a bit of fun, back on topic please. Thanks.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#143248

Here's another reason I want the feds on the roads. Over 90% very concerned, and over 90% want stiffer penalties.
I'm for this.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I'm firmly of the opinion that public safety initiatives should trump individual convenience when it is at such a minor extent like this.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

FreeRights wrote:I'm firmly of the opinion that public safety initiatives should trump individual convenience when it is at such a minor extent like this.

Minor extent? PM me your addy and I will send you my $300 bill to pay. Did nothing wrong, no infractions. Have you not read this thread from the beginning?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To twobits ...

Do you think that your $300.00 should be looked at in isolation from all other casts that people pay through taxation to make it possible for you to run your trucks in safety, on decent roads, in a business friendly atmosphere with policing always only one call away.

Do you not have to view your financial "hardship" as part of a huge package deal that enables you to enjoy the standard of living that you and your family enjoy ??
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

True enough. I'm almost sure there were people that were late for appointments, etc because of it. Again, I do think they need to rethink how they do it to minimize the wait, but wouldn't for a second say they need to stop doing it, at least not by looking at the numbers of serious infractions. Burnt out tailights are one thing, parole violations are quite another.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

jamapple wrote:I don't like the criminals to also be afforded the same rights as I do.....I want them caught. If it means periodically having to wait on a roadside, so be it, ( for me). So, if we just leave everyone alone, how the hell can you get the large number of lawbreakers to answer to the law?

May I suggest moving to another country then.. One perhaps that has more influence from ISIS? That's kinda what's happening there, criminals are rounded up and not giving the same Rights.... all Canadians are given certain Rights until they abuse them. Then they are curbed. It's been suggested that it's very Canadian to allow such a thing, perhaps but let's not forget that Canadians were told at one point they where defending our Rights when they went off to war. Many died for these Rights you've so quickly relinquish. Sad. Not Canadian all.... Other than the apathy.

Every Ruthless government, tyrant or movement has lulled its population into believing that reliqueshing your Rights will keep you safe. Every one.

As for the concept of getting impaired drivers off the road... Duh We have a program for that... Counterattack and it's effective and not the same thing as what we are referring to. If it was the RCMP Counterattack road checks ... I'd have no issue. But it wasn't.
Again driving is a Privilage not a Right, I expect to be pulled over or detained if I have committed an offence or give reason that I may have. Randomly stopped and asked if had been drinking no issue. Profiled, and a team of people searching my vehicle and passengers. That's wrong.

Now in Canada we have the Right to personal security, the right of mobility.... Tell me what right RCMP have to stop and search?
Again we have freedoms, and Rights that come with citizenship. And the sheepeople, well they wil allow themselves to be herded by wolves.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Madhue ...

In the theoretical world you apprently live in your view would be adequate.

Things are different in the real world in which we live. Criminals would have a wonderful "free" life living in your theoretical world.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Madhue says: "criminals are rounded up and not giving the same Rights.... all Canadians are given certain Rights until they abuse them. Then they are curbed."

Just re-read what you just said and get back to us.
You are correct in that we have rights, until you abuse them, then they are curbed. That part you are absolutely right. Therefore, everyone who was breaking a law that we all have to follow,(abused their right), will be curbed. That is exactly what the roadcheck did/does. It takes people that have abused their rights and stopped them. What's wrong with that?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Madhue ...

You will not have CRIMINAL prisoners if you do not permit the police to investigate and stop people.

How are you going to get a drunk driver or execute a warrant on a murderer or child abuser if (IN YOUR WORLD) the police are not permitted to make routine (including roadblock) checks. Law based on hindsoght means no law at all.

Great theory but should be limited to law schools only. It has no place in the real world.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

FreeRights wrote:I'm firmly of the opinion that public safety initiatives should trump individual convenience when it is at such a minor extent like this.

I'm hoping you see the irony of someone with the moniker 'free rights' making that post. ;)
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Donald G wrote:To Madhue ...

You will not have CRIMINAL prisoners if you do not permit the police to investigate and stop people.

How are you going to get a drunk driver or execute a warrant on a murderer or child abuser if (IN YOUR WORLD) the police are not permitted to make routine (including roadblock) checks. Law based on hindsoght means no law at all.

Great theory but should be limited to law schools only. It has no place in the real world.

Do you have any stats to back up your inference that the police wouldnt catch any criminals without the use of roadblocks ?

Never seen bounty hunters use road blocks, so using your logic they must not catch any criminals at all.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Want to make it clear that in not against road blocks in the middle of the night or non-peak times if they're just random and not looking for anyone in particular. I was hit by a driver that didn't have auto insurance and it was a major pain having to sue them. Mind you in our case it was an RCMP officer that ran into us so a road block wouldn't have helped . Much to our surprise they don't have auto insurance, we had to sue her majesty the queen and learned the hard way that police can be quite creative when it comes to covering thier butts. But I do see the need for the odd road block but I thought drinking driving counter attack was already doing this.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

we had to sue her majesty the queen and learned the hard way that police can be quite creative when it comes to covering their butts.
are you able to expand more on this?

Return to “North Okanagan”