Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Changes at Hwy 97 & Stickle Rd north-end of Vernon

Post by dontrump »

the 20 street ext looks like what we get but one way to me makes no sense what so ever
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:What are you talking about? A 3rd party confirmed that rear end accidents would go up by 60% if they installed a light at that intersection.

I get you would prefer the cheap fix over the safest one but this is the best solution possible.

I seriously don't believe that . there are hundreds of stop lite intersections in Vernon Kelowna westbank etc in high traffic areas
Is that what happened in all these intersections? 60% more rear end collisions? its funny they implemented so many when they had to know such a danger was then guaranteed? like said I call BS on that study
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

So why can’t we just extend 20th and be done with it?

Three rights make a left could be the solution to 32nd Street & other Vernon area traffic woes. The fastest way through town is the highway - if you eliminate left turns, traffic will move faster. 2 minutes at 50km/hr to get through Vernon = no need for a spendy bypass. Turn right to access local businesses. I don't agree with asking locals to pay for tourists, etc. to bypass our town. Curious as to your thoughts?
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

dontrump wrote:
I seriously don't believe that . there are hundreds of stop lite intersections in Vernon Kelowna westbank etc in high traffic areas
Is that what happened in all these intersections? 60% more rear end collisions? its funny they implemented so many when they had to know such a danger was then guaranteed? like said I call BS on that study

Right because that study has all the reason to be B.S.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

I agree. Put a meridian from army camp to vernon square mall. Add maybe 3 left turn lanes between there and it would solve the traffic congestion. You can't turn in winfield or kelowna without left turn lane off highway.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Gixxer wrote:
dontrump wrote:

Right because that study has all the reason to be B.S.

not all studies are created equal and not all studies are correct
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

1. Put in the light.

2. Get that fill out of the marsh.

3. Fix those dips on the overpass. In a heavy thunderstorm (which we haven't had this year) the dips fill with water, drain slowly, and cause hydroplaning.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:1. Put in the light.

3. Fix those dips on the overpass. In a heavy thunderstorm (which we haven't had this year) the dips fill with water, drain slowly, and cause hydroplaning.

#1 the only logical affordable solution

#2 Too late (imagine if a private party started filling there) the outcry would be ear piercing

#3 Agreed ;; funny you and I the minions who know nothing see this fault but those :cuss:
MOT characters do not
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ that overpass was a :cuss: up from day 1.

As I've said no light needed.... no extension of 20th st needed. Just remove lefts from that spot, just use PVR to Butcher Boys & hang a right. Damn cheap
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:

#1 the only logical affordable solution

A light is the most illogical "solution".
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

1. Worst idea ever. That highway doesn't need another light, and will also cause accidents.

2. Its a swamp. Theres plenty more. Human lives are more important than some mud water.

3. Agreed that overpass, and the dips need some attention. Although driving accordingly to weather conditions will prevent hydro planning
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

If we did a survey of all people in Vernon that actually have knowledge of the stickle road debate I
guarantee you it would be 80% for traffic lite system
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

dontrump wrote:If we did a survey of all people in Vernon that actually have knowledge of the stickle road debate I

Define knowledge. I would guarantee those same 80% don't work in a related field where their expertise is called on to make such decisions. What looks good on paper doesn't mean it's the best course of action.

My knowledge of stickle road would be defined as "awareness" of what the debate is about and the issues that intersection presents. It doesn't mean I know what's best for a proposed solution.

That's why the city consults outside agencies that specifically deal with these sorts of matters because that is what they do! Imagine if it was only us "knowledgeable" citizens that made every single decision on things like this. [icon_lol2.gif]

I don't know if the proposed solution is the best course of action or not. I have to trust the people that are better equipped to make these decisions know what they're doing.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

its disappointing to me that something as obvious and simple as what a traffic lite system at stickle road installed 4 years ago would have allowed 1) situation solved at minimal expense 2) the 20+++ million there now going to waste could go towards needed new infrastructures needed elsewhere 3) would have saved who knows how many wasted tax dollars and man hours on slanted unrequired surveys and studies
I often wonder if the same planers that decided on this ridiculous one way road that I GUARANTEE you will lead to a
traffic bottleneck at MacDonalds were the ones that also designed the most ridiculous 14 foot wide bike /hiking trail to nowhere on kal lake road
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dontrump wrote:If we did a survey of all people in Vernon that actually have knowledge of the stickle road debate I

LOL! In other words, "knowledge" would be defined as those who agree with you :laugh: :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “North Okanagan”