Kaleden dog beach or not?

JBX
Fledgling
Posts: 331
Joined: Jul 8th, 2014, 11:06 am

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by JBX »

XT225 wrote:
Saw a guy in a speedboat pull up to the beach; got out; let three big dogs out; they did their business on the sand; he loaded them back onto the boat and away he went. No cleanup; nothing. Wasn't his beach I guess. Sad situation. This was actually Airport Beach in Penticton but it could happen anywhere. Clean it up; good god!


Wow, what a fn prick. Yet if we were to chase him down and make him eat it WE would be the criminals....

lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling
Posts: 245
Joined: Oct 29th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

Everyone likes excrement! Especially on the lawn at the beach!

Saw a guy in a speedboat pull up to the beach; got out; let three big dogs out; they did their business on the sand; he loaded them back onto the boat and away he went. No cleanup; nothing. Wasn't his beach I guess. Sad situation. This was actually Airport Beach in Penticton but it could happen anywhere. Clean it up; good god!



what a bunch of PIGS.............
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by maryjane48 »

that should be 5000 dollar fine
applebee
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Oct 26th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by applebee »

As a dog owner who takes dogs to the beach, it is sad that dog owners do not respect the other folks on the beach.
No, not all people like dogs, but respectful and caring owners as ourselves, control our dogs and have them stay by the boat launch at Kaleden. We always have poop bags, and try to make sure they have done their business before they come. Yes, they are off leash, but they are watched very carefully.
As for dogs off leash on the KVR, it seems to me on the stretches that DO NOT have homes close by, your dogs should have the freedom of being off leash. Sorry folks that do not like dogs, but they are wonderful companions for many of us.
twobits
Guru
Posts: 7964
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 8:44 am

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by twobits »

XT225 wrote:
Saw a guy in a speedboat pull up to the beach; got out; let three big dogs out; they did their business on the sand; he loaded them back onto the boat and away he went. No cleanup; nothing. Wasn't his beach I guess. Sad situation. This was actually Airport Beach in Penticton but it could happen anywhere. Clean it up; good god!


If this was before the City went in and cleaned up the beach we might have to forgive the guy XT for thinking he was just in the bush somewhere.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3306
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by XT225 »

twobits wrote:If this was before the City went in and cleaned up the beach we might have to forgive the guy XT for thinking he was just in the bush somewhere.


No, twobits, it unfortunately was AFTER the city crews cleaned up the beach. It was on Saturday that it occurred. I highly doubt that anyone (other than the Locatee) has jurisdiction on bylaw or dog control on that particular beach.
twobits
Guru
Posts: 7964
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 8:44 am

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by twobits »

Well then XT, let's form an old fashioned posse and find the ignorant SOB. Seriously though, it's to bad you didn't have the opportunity to tell the idiot to pick up the crap and if he didn't, you had the boat registration number off the side of the boat written down and would be reporting him. A few years ago you might have gotten the middle finger. Today, with the cell phones everyone has....not so much.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
XT225
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3306
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by XT225 »

twobits wrote:Well then XT, let's form an old fashioned posse and find the ignorant SOB. Seriously though, it's to bad you didn't have the opportunity to tell the idiot to pick up the crap and if he didn't, you had the boat registration number off the side of the boat written down and would be reporting him. A few years ago you might have gotten the middle finger. Today, with the cell phones everyone has....not so much.


Yes, it was too bad that I couldn't have stopped but was just driving by in heavy traffic; couldn't see a registration number at that distance. If I could have stopped, I would have snapped a pic on my cel phone for sure, if nothing else (or video).
dakoda62
Fledgling
Posts: 203
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2008, 9:38 am

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by dakoda62 »

It's a dog beach' don't like it go to Skaha.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 768
Joined: Dec 13th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by Bunnyhop »

dakoda62 wrote:It's a dog beach' don't like it go to Skaha.


Kaleden isn't a dog beach, and dogs aren't even allowed on the beach at all. Its not enforced though.

The only dog beaches that I know of are the small one on Okanagan to the east of the Lakeside, and there's one on Eastside road still in city limits.

But Kaleden definitely isn't a dog beach.
JBX
Fledgling
Posts: 331
Joined: Jul 8th, 2014, 11:06 am

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by JBX »

Have to wonder how enforcement works to be honest.
Ok its not a dog beach, but how do you enforce that? Hire people to come down and kick all dog owners out.... What if it happens that the majority of people there are dog owners..

I'm not saying they should break the law to further the cause, I don't have a dog, but I'm wondering at what point does a law become useless when the majority disagree or it cant be enforced.

As for you people who don't clean up, know I live in Kaleden, and no, I'm not some old 90 year old man who is scared to call you on your bs, I will call you on it, and if needed throw it at you, I'm a pretty good pitcher!
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 768
Joined: Dec 13th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Re: Kaleden dog beach or not?

Post by Bunnyhop »

JBX wrote:Have to wonder how enforcement works to be honest.
Ok its not a dog beach, but how do you enforce that? Hire people to come down and kick all dog owners out.... What if it happens that the majority of people there are dog owners..

I'm not saying they should break the law to further the cause, I don't have a dog, but I'm wondering at what point does a law become useless when the majority disagree or it cant be enforced.

As for you people who don't clean up, know I live in Kaleden, and no, I'm not some old 90 year old man who is scared to call you on your bs, I will call you on it, and if needed throw it at you, I'm a pretty good pitcher!


Patrols in Kaleden are complaint based so the more complaints that come in, the more likely they are to patrol. No complaints = no patrols.

There's no point in phoning in a complaint though because the contractor is out of Vernon so by the time they would get here, the person/dog would be long gone.

I think its better to contact RDOS and Tom Siddon with the lack of service from this contractor. Strays that are picked up are held at the Penticton pound so I don't even know what this contractor does.

Return to “North Okanagan”