Kraft Hockeyville Voting this weekend

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Kraft Hockeyville Voting this weekend

Post by Always Sunny »

^^^^thank you for some useful info regarding the possible venue. The comments on Facebook (via the Castanet article) are derailing productive discussion. One kid won't stop crying over the fact that "it's like Lumby never won" if moved to a nearby (yet far more practical) venue.

Personally I think Vernon is the ideal choice. Holding the game in Lumby (if that's even an option per those rules) would unfortunately have excluded a huge number of Lumby residents from attending. Ensure residents get first go at tickets (with verification of address) and then open the remaining tickets via lottery (which is the way other Hockeyville events seem to have done).

I think some people need a reminder that lots of non-Lumby people also spent lots of timing voting to help them win. I don't think it's really the spirit of what Hockeyville is about to be so focused on shutting a lot of other hockey lovers out.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Always Sunny wrote:^^^^thank you for some useful info regarding the possible venue. The comments on Facebook (via the Castanet article) are derailing productive discussion. One kid won't stop crying over the fact that "it's like Lumby never won" if moved to a nearby (yet far more practical) venue.

Personally I think Vernon is the ideal choice. Holding the game in Lumby (if that's even an option per those rules) would unfortunately have excluded a huge number of Lumby residents from attending. Ensure residents get first go at tickets (with verification of address) and then open the remaining tickets via lottery (which is the way other Hockeyville events seem to have done).

I think some people need a reminder that lots of non-Lumby people also spent lots of timing voting to help them win. I don't think it's really the spirit of what Hockeyville is about to be so focused on shutting a lot of other hockey lovers out.

Someone tell that kid that if they could have the game in Lumby, according Glacier only 400 of the residents would be able to attend.
All the celebrations would still happen in Lumby, just game would be played were 3,000 residents could watch it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Another nice article about Lumby winning.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#162777
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It looks like flamingfingers' favourite politician is getting into the act.

chrispy.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Well, it's looking more and more like she'll have the game in Kelowna.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:Well, it's looking more and more like she'll have the game in Kelowna.

It not up to Christy, Kraft Hockeyville
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Announcement for the Hockeyville pre-season game is this Sat at 3:30 at Lumby Days.

http://www.lumbydays.ca/schedule.html

Come on out and enjoy the weekend....
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Although, some well placed "contributions" could swing the game into Kelowna. I can just picture the Lumbonians showing up at the door and being told it's sold out to Kelowna fans, cuz, like, Kelowna's a big league kinda city.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

bob vernon wrote:Although, some well placed "contributions" could swing the game into Kelowna. I can just picture the Lumbonians showing up at the door and being told it's sold out to Kelowna fans, cuz, like, Kelowna's a big league kinda city.

I wonder how difficult it would be to have a pre-sale available only to those with a Lumby address? I mean Big White has their "locals never pay full price promo" so how difficult would it be to allow each Lumby resident to buy ONE ticket with a valid proof of address (allowing parents to account for under aged children). Then perhaps create a lottery by which the winner is permitted to buy a limited quantity (1-2) of tickets. I'm sure hockey fans would be more than willing to pay a reasonable sum for the opportunity to watch the game.

But then you have this goof wanting a free catered meal as well (on whose dime exactly?) I'm happy for Lumby, but there sure are some salty people who don't want anyone to share in the fun. I know as a Kelowna resident I spent several hours during the different rounds of voting placing hundreds of votes.

"Free tickets for Lumby VOE2GO is a good start. A scrimmage, photo opertunity and autograph session would be nice. Also a free catered dinner would be great"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

All the tickets are free.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Glacier wrote:All the tickets are free.

Whatever. My points still stand with or without a ticket price. Priority to Lumby residents and a lottery for the remaining tickets.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

How strange that the venue was not announced as planed on the weekend.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Hassel99 wrote:How strange that the venue was not announced as planed on the weekend.

I suspect they are leaning toward Kelowna, and they didn't want to have the boos in the large crowd at announcement time. It just wouldn't be good PR.
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I agree. It's looking like it will be in Kelowna. A bigger rink than Vernon. The Kraft people don't care if it's even further to Kelowna, there are more seats. They wouldn't announce "Kelowna" last weekend at Lumby Days because they knew there'd be a negative reaction. I expect it to be announced late on a Friday afternoon, or maybe the afternoon of Thursday, June 30 just before the long weekend. Most bad news is announced then so there's a weekend for it to blow over. Moving it to Kelowna is so typically "corporate".
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bob vernon wrote:I agree. It's looking like it will be in Kelowna. A bigger rink than Vernon. The Kraft people don't care if it's even further to Kelowna, there are more seats. They wouldn't announce "Kelowna" last weekend at Lumby Days because they knew there'd be a negative reaction. I expect it to be announced late on a Friday afternoon, or maybe the afternoon of Thursday, June 30 just before the long weekend. Most bad news is announced then so there's a weekend for it to blow over. Moving it to Kelowna is so typically "corporate".

If that ends up being the case, every resident of Lumby wanting to go should be provided free bus service to & back from the game (send the bill to Kraft). Plus first pick on the seats

Return to “North Okanagan”