You Mean A Racetrack Is Noisey?

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: You Mean A Racetrack Is Noisey?

Post by Donald G »

Postby driveangry » Today, 2:11 pm

Some good news,,,,,,

Am I to believe that the Vernon Authorities authorized a Senior Citizens Home and a Noisy Racetrack in juxtaposition ??
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

There's no seniors' home out there.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

bob vernon wrote:There's no seniors' home out there.

The whole region is a seniors home ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

its not a seniors development per say but its kind of gleaning towards that crowd
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Pity. This is akin to the people who move next to ALR land and then complain about farming activities.

2 races last year! 2 days of noise!

One of the rare times I think the Judge is out to lunch.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Donald G wrote:Am I to believe that the Vernon Authorities authorized a Senior Citizens Home and a Noisy Racetrack in juxtaposition ??

Vernon has no say since the race track is not even in Vernon, nor is the "seniors" residence. The race track is in Spallumcheen while the development, Lawrence Heights, is on Okanagan Indian Band land.

RACETRACK.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Donald G wrote:Am I to believe that the Vernon Authorities authorized a Senior Citizens Home and a Noisy Racetrack in juxtaposition ??

Glacier wrote:Vernon has no say since the race track is not even in Vernon, nor is the "seniors" residence. The race track is in Spallumcheen while the development, Lawrence Heights, is on Okanagan Indian Band land.

RACETRACK.jpg

Vernon Mayor can talk, has absolutely no authority. Took a look at NORD map http://64.114.25.200/SilverlightViewer_ ... Viewer.xml

Glacier is on the mark
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ingevan22
Fledgling

Post by Ingevan22 »

“A tractor is about 100 decibels. Does that mean if a next-door neighbour to a farmer opens a window and hears the tractor then the neighbour can complain? It doesn't make any sense.” - Mayor of Vernon

Farmers are not subject to noise regulations - similar to many jurisdictions in BC, including the Township of Spallumcheen, the City of Vernon's Good Neigbour bylaw exempts farming practices from its noise bylaw (Farm Practices Protection "Right to Farm" act).
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If you were to go to the edge of the development, flatten all the houses and trees, you'd be able to see the race track 1 km away. Funny how only the white man developer gets compensated. The natives living on the reservation just have to suck it up.

Racetrack2.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

Another reason why vernon sucks. It's become a haven for old cranky people who don't families ir young people to have fun. How many youth orientated activities are their to do? Yep that's right none, zip, zero, nada. Theirs not much in the way to do in vernon.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Walking Wounded wrote:No kidding, who the heck moves next to a racetrack and then complains about the noise? Oh right, self centred people who think the whole world revolves around them and what they want. It would be different if the racetrack was built after the subdivision. But I guess people don't look at what is in the neighbourhood when they are looking to buy a house anymore. They just buy and *bleep* and complain about what they don't like.
I hope the owners of the racetrack appeal this decision IMO the judge screwed up big time on this. Would the judge have ruled against a farmer if people in a new subdivision filed complaints about noise or smells coming from farm operations?

The same people that move next to the airport and *bleep* about the loud planes. Can't fix dumb.
bcpaul
Fledgling

Post by bcpaul »

Is noisey louder then noisy?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

This judge is an asshat and his ruling should be overturned by someone with a bit more intelligence.

80 decibels? Hell by that metric one best not fart whilst walking in that neighborhood.

A tractor, transport trucks, motorcycles, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, table saw, weed whacker, built in vacuums, to name but a few items that instantly come to mind, all easily exceed that noise level.

I hope Okanagan Aggregates fights the ruling as this judge needs to be told to shove it.

Setting an asinine precedent such as this, will have every police precinct in the country fielding calls from busy bodies with nothing better to do, complaining about noise.

This judge is clearly biased against motorsports and should not have been permitted to pass judgment in this case.

Race tracks make noise, for a few times a year, but at the same time are family entertainment, so anyone bitching about noise after buying property next to a race track should be told to suck it up.

I'm sick to death of all the selfish spiteful *bleep* that live in this valley.

Lucky for those complainants that I don't live up there, because in reading the ruling I note a person could certainly have some fun with those people. It says you can't have a reading exceeding 80db for more than five minutes, naturally because green flag racing would last for more than five minutes.

So I'm thinking a bird canon going off once every ten minutes should be within legal parameters. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Maybe the residents of Lawrence Heights Estates (Haha, always makes me laugh....TRAILER PARK!!!!!)
should get a slightly reduced gate price and cross the street and enjoy the people and events
that take place there.

Used to do a free pass coupon to immediate neighbors when organizing events years ago.
They knew they were welcome to come enjoy, or, go out as to not be bugged by the activities.

Either way....NEVER received complaints from neighbors by issuing pass coupons for events.

ETA: Reminds me of the people that bought property across the valley from Bear Creak Off
Road Area and complain(ed) about the noise.

Crafty realtors or poor planning buyers.
Last edited by dirtybiker on May 8th, 2016, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

dirtybiker wrote:ETA: Reminds me of the people that bought property across the valley from Bear Creak Off
Road Area and complain(ed) about the noise.

Crafty realtors or poor panning buyers.

Dunno, I think there might well also be an element of those who think, let's buy cheap, and maybe if we complain enough everyone will conform to our wishes, something it appears this judge got totally sucked into doing.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “North Okanagan”