Home owner confronting possible thief?

davis123
Board Meister

Re: Home owner confronting possible thief?

Post by davis123 »

*removed*

Who flipping knows why the kid was in the driveway, stealing crap, taking a pee, throwing something in the homeowners garbage can, taking a drink from their hose, picking some flowers from their yard, grabbing some pea's from the garden...WHO KNOWS.*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 23rd, 2016, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Fancy wrote:Why is anyone is someone else's driveway in the middle of the night?

I wouldn't call around 5 am the middle of the night. Could be the kid was on his way to or from work.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Kelo_Can613
Fledgling

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

The home owner sounds like a loose cannon to me. It's not even against the law from a criminal standpoint to trespass on someone's property unless it's at night between 9 pm - 6 am. Even then, trespass by night is a minor offence that basically only grants the home owner the right to perform a citizen's arrest:

"In special circumstances of any type of criminal offence that is committed on or in relation to your property, you may either:

arrest a person you find in the act of committing a crime; or
arrest a person within a reasonable period of time after having found that person committing a crime.
To be eligible to make a citizen's arrest for a crime on or in relation to property, you must be one of the following:

the owner of the property;
in lawful possession of the property; or
have been authorized by the owner or the person in lawful possession of the property.
The law allows you to use as much force as is necessary for the purpose of making a citizen's arrest, as long as you are acting on reasonable grounds. However, any force you use must be tailored to the circumstances, and you are criminally responsible for any excess force you use. In addition to the potential for a criminal prosecution, you may also face a civil lawsuit in relation to your conduct and any injury you cause.

The law requires that when making a citizen's arrest, the arrested individual must be delivered to a police officer without delay. If you make a citizen's arrest and do not call the police as soon as possible, the arrest might be ruled illegal, and you could face civil or criminal consequences."

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/othe ... wyntk.html
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 23rd, 2016, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Blackhyper

Post by Blackhyper »

Some of these replies make me sick. The story is only partly written and all these people jumping to conclusions. People who did not even know Jessie. You are no better then the animal that did this. He beat him with a bat after chasing him down the street! How would you feel if this was your son? The sad sad part is krisopher killed Jessie for standing in his driveway. Look at the boy does he look like someone that needed to be approached with a bat? Kristophers poor decisions have taken the life of an innocent young man. It has been said that kristopher has anger issues, I guess the judge with decide.I am so sad for Jessie's family they are good people I know them personally. His brother Blake is at Royal military college and is a stand up guy. I cannot imagine what I would do if this happened to my son. Now Kristophers own family will have to deal with his poor decisions, how will his children turn out without their father there to raise them.

I understand there is a huge problem with property crimes in the Okanagan and in kamloops but that is no reason to kill a boy with a bat. I don't care how many times your house has been broken into and your material junk stolen. You killed a boy with his bright future in front of him. You took him from his family at the prime of his young life. You have inflicted immeasurable pain to those that love him. You are now a KILLER of an innocent young man.
Blackhyper

Post by Blackhyper »

*Removed
Last edited by ferri on Jun 23rd, 2016, 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Personal attack removed
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 23rd, 2016, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Blackhyper wrote:Some of these replies make me sick. The story is only partly written and all these people jumping to conclusions. People who did not even know Jessie. You are no better then the animal that did this. He beat him with a bat after chasing him down the street! How would you feel if this was your son? The sad sad part is krisopher killed Jessie for standing in his driveway. Look at the boy does he look like someone that needed to be approached with a bat? Kristophers poor decisions have taken the life of an innocent young man. It has been said that kristopher has anger issues, I guess the judge with decide.I am so sad for Jessie's family they are good people I know them personally. His brother Blake is at Royal military college and is a stand up guy. I cannot imagine what I would do if this happened to my son. Now Kristophers own family will have to deal with his poor decisions, how will his children turn out without their father there to raise them.

I understand there is a huge problem with property crimes in the Okanagan and in kamloops but that is no reason to kill a boy with a bat. I don't care how many times your house has been broken into and your material junk stolen. You killed a boy with his bright future in front of him. You took him from his family at the prime of his young life. You have inflicted immeasurable pain to those that love him. You are now a KILLER of an innocent young man.

That has not been determined yet if it ever is. If that kids was on that property stealing then I have no sympathy for him. Personally I would not have killed him but simply busted the legs. Pathetic justice system just lets them get away with. Its nice to see people taking action and I hope to see more of it.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

Blackhyper wrote:Some of these replies make me sick. The story is only partly written and all these people jumping to conclusions. People who did not even know Jessie. You are no better then the animal that did this. He beat him with a bat after chasing him down the street! How would you feel if this was your son? The sad sad part is krisopher killed Jessie for standing in his driveway. Look at the boy does he look like someone that needed to be approached with a bat? Kristophers poor decisions have taken the life of an innocent young man. It has been said that kristopher has anger issues, I guess the judge with decide.I am so sad for Jessie's family they are good people I know them personally. His brother Blake is at Royal military college and is a stand up guy. I cannot imagine what I would do if this happened to my son. Now Kristophers own family will have to deal with his poor decisions, how will his children turn out without their father there to raise them.

Do you know for fact this kids was innocent?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

skydawg wrote:Do you know for fact this kids was innocent?

According to Blackhyper, the young man was just standing in the driveway. Doesn't make sense to me.
Blackhyper

Post by Blackhyper »

I do know more than I have wrote but it is not my place to write it here. I have a pretty good idea what he was doing and why he was there. I am not the judge and I am not in the jury so I will leave the details out for now. Jessie family is going through a terrible time and odviously can't come to his defence. I can say if you do a little research into the character of both people involved everyone that knew Jessie loved him as for the "homeowner" his neighbors don't have the best opinion of him. I will say there was alleged to be a grad party in the area and it could have been anyone's kid in that driveway.
Blackhyper

Post by Blackhyper »

Hi Fancy, it is not according to me that he was standing in the driveway, it is according to the statement (and the news article, and the press release).

Skydawg correct me if I'm wrong but in this country you are presumed innocent until proven guilty? I do still live in a "free" country I believe. My ancestors fought for the freedom I now enjoy.
Last edited by Blackhyper on Jun 22nd, 2016, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Blackhyper wrote:I do know more than I have wrote but it is not my place to write it here. I have a pretty good idea what he was doing and why he was there. I am not the judge and I am not in the jury so I will leave the details out for now. Jessie family is going through a terrible time and odviously can't come to his defence. I can say if you do a little research into the character of both people involved everyone that knew Jessie loved him as for the "homeowner" his neighbors don't have the best opinion of him. I will say there was alleged to be a grad party in the area and it could have been anyone's kid in that driveway.
I still don't get why there would have been anyone in the driveway if they don't belong there.
These are your words "krisopher killed Jessie for standing in his driveway." I would think there is a lot more to it than that. Of course the facts will come out and both parties involved will have their character dissected and aired out in public and in court. Both families will suffer and one will suffer a permanent loss. That is awful.
Blackhyper

Post by Blackhyper »

I'll tell you another thing, no matter why he was in that driveway short of threatening the life of the "homeowner" he did not deserve to have his face SMASHED in ( with his facial bones broken) and his skull cracked open. Do you understand excessive force? Do you understand anger issues? Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time? I think it will come to light that that's excactly what happened. I guess none of you posters have ever been at a party? I guess no one here stayed out all night celebrating. I guess none of you saints has ever been lost or disoriented. To accuse or guess at why Jessie was there is just ridiculous. I'll tell you a fact though Kristopher Teichrieb murdered Jessie Simpson.

If you check I just noticed that there is confirmation he was at a grad party
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Blackhyper wrote: Do you understand excessive force?

Did you not read what I said about using force?

Return to “North Okanagan”