Home owner confronting possible thief?

looking4one
Übergod

Re: Home owner confronting possible thief?

Post by looking4one »

BUT....IF the homeowner was drunk or under a DR's care for depression........he could be found not guilty, due to mental health issues. :smt045
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The outcome of five successful "Wrongful Death" suits in Ontario:

http://www.wrongfuldeathlawyerstoronto. ... n-ontario/
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

According to the following article by Pushor Mitchel (2012) the situation regarding a Wrongful Death Suit in British Columbia offers little by way of financial compensation when a child is involved;

http://www.pushormitchell.com/2012/02/c ... th-act-bc/
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

He is 19 years old and legally an adult.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Postby kgcayenne » 7 minutes ago

He is 19 years old and legally an adult

The following excerpt from the PM article would seem to identify that if the person suffering death is not a bread winner the chance of the suit being of much value is questionable;

They want the province to repeal the Family Compensation Act, and amend the Estate Administration Act, which together prevent damages from being awarded in wrongful death suits in cases where the victim was a child, or not a breadwinner.
WheresShayNee

Post by WheresShayNee »

We do not know the circumstances of his home life, as to whether or not he worked and went to school, contributed to the family income, etc.
Another instance of people jumping to conclusions.
NOTYOU
Fledgling

Post by NOTYOU »

Just wondering if anyone has any new info...such a sad, sad, sad occurrence. Two families torn apart.
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

This is really sad, this young man is going to lose his life to such stupidity. I hate the world we live in now, there is no more trust among people everyone lives in complete fear.

What's really sad is to see people writing such hurtful comments in this message board or just stupid comments "No kid wants his phone to get wet".
I really hope that this guy gets charged with murder. Also if this young man loses his life we'll never know his side of the story.

To all the people who think that young people are punks and up to no good look back at your life and the stuff that you did i bet that you were no angels your self. We as people learn from those moments in our lives and that should hopefully define us and change us for the better.

What i would do in this situation is call 911, tell them i have a suspicious person outside my house, watch them like a hawk and let the police do their jobs.

No one in life deserves to be chased down the road and beaten with a baseball bat.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

TheBoss wrote:...What's really sad is to see people writing such hurtful comments in this message board or just stupid comments "No kid wants his phone to get wet"...

You took my post OUT OF ITS CONTEXT and manipulated it to suit your purpose. That sucks. That really, really sucks.

This is what I said:
kgcayenne wrote:Even the garden hose would have been sufficient, no kid wants to risk having his phone wrecked by water.

Do you get that? Let me explain it to you. As noted, the guy who beat this poor kid went way too far, there are different things he could have done to chase a kid off his property without being lethal.

Did I make myself clear?

I thank you in advance for not screwing with context from this point forward.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
TheBoss
Fledgling

Post by TheBoss »

TheBoss wrote:...What's really sad is to see people writing such hurtful comments in this message board or just stupid comments "No kid wants his phone to get wet"...

kgcayenne wrote:You took my post OUT OF ITS CONTEXT and manipulated it to suit your purpose. That sucks. That really, really sucks.

This is what I said:
kgcayenne wrote:Even the garden hose would have been sufficient, no kid wants to risk having his phone wrecked by water.

kgcayenne wrote:Do you get that? Let me explain it to you. As noted, the guy who beat this poor kid went way too far, there are different things he could have done to chase a kid off his property without being lethal.

Did I make myself clear?

I thank you in advance for not screwing with context from this point forward.

Whoa no need to get ansty, I never did take your comment out of context or manipulated it. I just felt like that kind of comment is very bias towards young people. I could of qoauted other people in the forums but sadly reading some of their comments would just turn this posting ugly.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I hate to interrupt the drama. I have not heard any updates. Is the young man still alive ?
Black Dogs Matter
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Fancy wrote:So no link? That would be a courtesy. Doesn't matter anyway. One cannot use force even to protect property unless your own life is threatened. Even then one would be charged and then go through the court process.

It depends upon what force is necessary. This sounds a little excessive and will likely warrant prosecution of assault causing or greater!
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

It depends upon what force is necessary. This sounds a little excessive and will likely warrant prosecution of assault causing or greater!

Sounds a little excessive? like gimmie a break here.I look out the window and see some young kid in my driveway
I don't speed out the door like this idiot did and beat the crap out of him with baseball bat
I think when the truth comes out we find this homeowner is far far from angel catagory
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Maybe the guy in the driveway threatened he'd come back and harm his family, never know what words were exchanged.

It's odd he chased him down the street.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

It would take a madman or someone driven by extreme fear to club someone near death. At this point we don't know which one it is and there's good chance we never will given the young man may never be able to tell his side of the story. Very sad.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “North Okanagan”