City councilor goes to court over bylaw.

Ingevan22
Fledgling

Re: City councilor goes to court over bylaw.

Post by Ingevan22 »

Yes it is curious indeed. The Councillor posted her rant on the Vernon & Area Community forum, which is a closed Facebook group that now counts 8,000+ members... and you're right, Fancy, now it can't be found.

The facts are:
- Romeo was never deemed "aggressive".
- Romeo was not in her yard at the time of the reported incident, nor was he on-leash.
- Romeo was not licensed at the time of the reported incident.
- The complainant has a right to privacy under the "Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act".

The charge on this 3rd ticket ($100 fee) for "molesting passers-by" was filed by the complainant. After hearing the complainant's evidence, the judge decided that Romeo's behaviour was perhaps more harassing (or perhaps, more like humping?) but not necessarily "molesting". Hence no charge.

...I don't understand why any City Councillor would put themselves through this.
Attachments
dalvir_romeo.jpg
(._.) ( |:) (.-.) (:| ) (._.)

Putt's Law: "Technology is dominated by two types of people, those who understand what they do not manage and those who manage what they do not understand."
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

TheBoss wrote:While i don't agree with the woman. The person who runs dog control Pat ellis is an evil woman. Our dog ran away from our house years ago when they had fireworks going on. We didn't get a chance to put the new dog tag on him. We tried to reason with her to get our dog back and she wouldn't listen she wanted us to pay fine after fine.. A week goes by and when i called her to ask about seeing our dog she told me they had put him down. She refused to tell us were they put the dog down so we could bury him. She refused to accept that we had a valid dog tag, she refused to work with us. As much as they say they're working for the welfare of the animals it's all about the money.

one would have to know the full truth in a post such as this they simply put do not put dogs down simply because there not licensed.
If this was my dog and it really happened as such I would most likely be in jail as I would put down ms ellis
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

there you have it folks and these are the people your electing to city council to run the city of vernon
sad very sad
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Ingevan22 wrote:Bob Vernon hit the nail on the head!

Fancy, you will have to forgive Castanet's sloppy reporting - there was never an "aggressive dog" charge. The dog was never on trial for being aggressive. The complainant reported an incident wherein the Councillor's unlicensed dog was "harassing" his (1 or 2 lb lighter?) dog while at-large.

In her "foul-mouthed rant" on Facebook, Councillor Nahal slammed Dog Control as "idiots' and made disparaging remarks about the complainant, yet she also admitted that her dog was at-large and not licensed. So why fight these 2 tickets?

For that third ticket, there appears to be bad blood between the complainant and Councillor Nahal, that may have little to do with the reported dog incident.

I am sure no one enjoys getting a ticket from Dog Control. But if you do get a ticket, and you don't agree and wish to dispute it, don't post a rant on Facebook - follow the instructions on the back of the ticket. And may I suggest further, that if you call Dog Control, don't start by asking "Do you know who I am?".

Coun. Nahal lied to them , and they printed it.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I know her and her brother. This attitude seems about right.

Return to “North Okanagan”