Shot by police during theft, Begging for money

skydawg
Lord of the Board

Re: Shot by police during theft, Begging for money

Post by skydawg »

Well at least this guys criminal record will stop growing now. He had the choice to cooperate but he didn't.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ya I'm also very tired of the lifer criminal on the catch-and-release program.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

dontrump wrote:no one said the guys not a criminal but looking at the past hes a non violent criminal so to speak and he was unarmed
the cop was wrong to unleash 11 9mm shots at and into this kid
Cops have killed several people over the last few years that were totally unjustified yet the protective society the cops live in
nothing ever gets done about it
greg matters come to mind and the worst of the worst in BC was a young kid in houston bc

This kid is an idiot and lucky he still has a heart beat, while I don't condone the shooting 100%, one has to look at the alternatives. Hmmm let him run around in a 7000lb truck and run an innocent person over? Well a *bleep* page could help pay for the funeral right.
Sure do love Rutland!!
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#188308

I guess it wasn't a situation where the cops shot an unarmed man after all that was "on his way to turn himself" in as the family stated...

Once again another example of there being a bigger story then at first glance.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Court documents show Winter has been charged in connection with a break and enter in Sicamous on Jan. 29 as well as 19 charges connected to the Jan. 30th incident.

Those charges include: carry/use/threaten to use a weapon, resisting a peace officer, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, theft, two counts of mischief, 9 counts of possession of stolen property, possess a break-in instrument and others.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#188308
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Chyren wrote:http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-188308-61-.htm#188308

I guess it wasn't a situation where the cops shot an unarmed man after all that was "on his way to turn himself" in as the family stated...

Once again another example of there being a bigger story then at first glance.

There almost always is....

Mommies (or sisters) rarely know what exactly it is that their little boy has been up to out there.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

there is no bigger story here or the other side for crying out loud. the kid is a criminal in the making no doubt
what we are talking here is unjustified excessive police force by a mentally unstable cop in my opinion
the cop fires 11 rounds of his high powered service revolver tells me he is a scared and not mentally up to the challenge of his job when in a situation such as this.
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

KL3-Something wrote:There almost always is....

Mommies (or sisters) rarely know what exactly it is that their little boy has been up to out there.
And even if they did know they are not going to tell unless it benefits them.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

dontrump wrote:there is no bigger story here or the other side for crying out loud. the kid is a criminal in the making no doubt
what we are talking here is unjustified excessive police force by a mentally unstable cop in my opinion
the cop fires 11 rounds of his high powered service revolver tells me he is a scared and not mentally up to the challenge of his job when in a situation such as this.

And you'd be wrong, having never, ever been in that or any similar situation. You aren't an expert in use of force, and you're forming an "opinion" based on photographs and apparently, how many rounds were fired.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
D_Man
Fledgling

Post by D_Man »

What a waste of money and resources this kid is, the gofundme is a pathetic joke, I'm disappointed in Castanet for even posted a link to it.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

dontrump wrote:there is no bigger story here or the other side for crying out loud. the kid is a criminal in the making no doubt

He's clearly just trolling.

How would you handle a life or death situation? Look up fight or flight and understand that it isn't a video game.

The body reacts in different ways and again to judge a cop based on your information is laughable. Go back to Call of Duty
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

He's clearly just trolling.

How would you handle a life or death situation? Look up fight or flight and understand that it isn't a video game.

The body reacts in different ways and again to judge a cop based on your information is laughable. Go back to Call of Duty]

truly amazing what opinions are here. there was no life or death situation here at all that's truly laughable
so when a person posts here and suggests what one believes such as I believe the cop was not entirely correct in this matter
all you suggest is that iam trolling? [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by ferri on Feb 9th, 2017, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dontrump wrote:truly amazing what opinions are here. there was no life or death situation here at all
True - it is amazing what some opinions are. Since you weren't there, it's speculation. The charges have been laid for a reason. This "kid" wasn't just a "criminal in the making" as you put it - this adult IS a criminal and was trying to escape justice again.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

dontrump wrote:like said eleven shots is purely ridiculous and uncalled for;; the cop clearly was a poor shot (lucky for the victim)and had what we call buck fever. Cops need to use better judgement although guys like this Clearly lack that and really should not be a cop based on this awful performance . :200:

If a cop shoots at someone who rams their vehicle, is escaping, and is thought to be a threat to the cop or to the public, and if let's say the first 3 shots are ineffective, should they just say "meh" and head back to the station?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 9th, 2017, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “North Okanagan”