Homeless Camp

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Homeless Camp

Post by alanjh595 »

Gixxer wrote:I drive by this twice a day in my logging truck. The mess and trash they've left behind is disgusting. Why arent they cleaning it up or held responsible in someway?

The city cant clear side streets of snow because there's no money in the budget but theres money in the budget for this.

Who can be charged and how likely are they going to pay? I can just imagine how much money it would take to try and collect from someone that has just lost 1/2 their net worth by being vacated.
It would be cheaper for the tax payers if it wasn't allowed to happen in the first place.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well those do gooders contributed to the problem and now that problem will surface elsewhere.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

How about the drug dealers and druggies that get busted for theft provide community service to cleaning up these camps.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The homeless are just a symptom of the free-enterprise system doing what it does best. It allows the most fit to survive and allows those who can't prosper to sink to the bottom and lose pretty much everything. It's the way we've always lived but now we are bumping up against the ability of the earth to support 10 billion people.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

How about these fine citizens and the $7000 clean up this mess

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... ine-seized
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Those that are on the "Community Service" program should have to go in and spend their hours cleaning up this mess.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “North Okanagan”