I've said it before.....

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

I've said it before.....

Post by bob vernon »

.....and I'll say it again: bring back the lash. Police may proclaim that they've removed a bunch of fentanyl from the streets, but you can be sure there are replacement dealers waiting in the wings. Sentences must become much more harsh, including the lash plus a lengthy time in jail if we expect to get the fentanyl epidemic of deaths stopped. This 17 year old doesn't need counseling, he needs an extreme spanking.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: I've said it before.....

Post by Gixxer »

Are you talking about this current bust? If so I agree these people are just the ponds for the suppliers. This bust hasnt put a dent or slowed down the drug trade at all. These street level dealers positions wouldve been filled within hours, and the 24 year old supplier is just the middleman. Police should have done more investigating to see where he's getting his supply from.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... -drug-bust
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Gixxer wrote:Are you talking about this current bust? If so I agree these people are just the ponds for the suppliers. This bust hasnt put a dent or slowed down the drug trade at all. These street level dealers positions wouldve been filled within hours, and the 24 year old supplier is just the middleman. Police should have done more investigating to see where he's getting his supply from.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... -drug-bust

How do you exactly know that the police have not "done more" with respect to the bust? That's a pretty tough comment against them. You've read a news story and assume that they have just stopped with the investigation.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

Exactly Im commenting on the current news story. To me it sounds like they made their big bust and happy to report it to the media.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bob vernon wrote:.....and I'll say it again: bring back the lash. Police may proclaim that they've removed a bunch of fentanyl from the streets, but you can be sure there are replacement dealers waiting in the wings. Sentences must become much more harsh, including the lash plus a lengthy time in jail if we expect to get the fentanyl epidemic of deaths stopped. This 17 year old doesn't need counseling, he needs an extreme spanking.

agree 100 %
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “North Okanagan”