Bad breeder selling sick dogs

buttreyphillips

Bad breeder selling sick dogs

Post by buttreyphillips »

If anyone has the kijiji ad for this woman who is selling sick puppies out of a dirty van can you copy & paste here. Lets track her down.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... being-sold
blue iguana
Fledgling

Sick dogs being sold

Post by blue iguana »

The simple act of getting a poorly bred puppy from a puppy mill or an unethical backyard breeder can come at a big price, and it’s not just financial. Breeding solely for profit or fun without regard for health and sound temperament, or new home, is destructive to the breeds. Dogs are a big part of our lives, and we are allowing breeders to breed our best friends to death. We must call on our elected officials to ban puppy mills and hold irresponsible breeders and owners accountable. We need to be a part of the solution, not part of the problem. Educate yourself. In this digital age, is there any excuse for ignorance?
Last edited by blue iguana on Feb 23rd, 2018, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Bad breeder selling sick dogs

Post by Ken7 »

Sadly I do not believe there is anything that keeps breeders in check. Being a member of the Canadian Kennel Club is just a cash purchase. They I believe register your couple but as far as having them Vet checked It is not done.

There is no real way other then attending to the home of kennel where they are breed and sold. Some will be willing to show you their facility, many backyard breeders will not.

I knew a breeder who had a litter in five different rooms with Momma. She was very clean living in a upscale home but still what I would say was a backyards breeder. She at least was close to her vet.
JC2017

Post by JC2017 »

Thank you to those trying to help find these ppl and hold them accountable.

I really hope the public will do their due diligence and stop supporting ppl trying to make cheap money at the cost of animals lives. The following are some questions that should be asked when purchasing a dog that is not from rescue sources.

Can I see the sire and dam’s health clearances? Be sure to get all documentation, not take their word for it!!!!!!

Can I see where the puppies are being housed? Use common sense.

What were your goals for this litter?

Is the dam current on her vaccines? If not, she can pass disease to her pups.

At what age will the puppies be ready to go home? 12 weeks is best.

What kind of guarantee do you offer?

Google is a great place to start to help you find a reputable breeder. Do your homework.

And expect that you will be quizzed. Someone too eager to place a pup should be a red flag.

Please stop supporting bad breeders.
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

I personally would support a good so called backyard breeder over paying the crazy prices that the registered ones charge. The registered breeders always state how much they love their dogs but when they get too old or just cannot produce puppies anymore they are put up for adoption. Ya i see how much they love their dogs, it is nothing more than a money grab for the prices they charge, and people are stupid enough to fall for it.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

back yard puppy mills make me sick. there are tens of thousands of animals that need rescuing to a good home. I wish there was more enforcement cracking down on these people just doing it for the $$$$ and not caring about the animals.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As long as people continue to buy from breeders there will be bad & down right ugly ones. Unfortunately the innocent ones in all this are the dogs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

vegas1500 wrote:back yard puppy mills make me sick. there are tens of thousands of animals that need rescuing to a good home. I wish there was more enforcement cracking down on these people just doing it for the $$$$ and not caring about the animals.

The "tens of thousands" don't mean a thing if those puppies aren't available in the area that people are looking at. I will not look to get an adult dog and that does not make me a bad person. So get off your high horse and look at other solutions because you're not helping.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Fancy wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:back yard puppy mills make me sick. there are tens of thousands of animals that need rescuing to a good home. I wish there was more enforcement cracking down on these people just doing it for the $$$$ and not caring about the animals.

The "tens of thousands" don't mean a thing if those puppies aren't available in the area that people are looking at. I will not look to get an adult dog and that does not make me a bad person. So get off your high horse and look at other solutions because you're not helping.

*bleep* are you talking about???? There are thousands of dogs available locally. Rescue groups ship dogs all over north America, actually the world. And if you have done any research you would know that many puppies are available through rescue groups, not just adult dogs. And i also said "back yard puppy mills", not back yard reputable breeders. So pull the stick out of your behind................. :130:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A lot of those puppies being shipped to the Okanagan from all over the world aren't exactly coming from good lines nor reliable sources either. I agree get rid of the puppy mills but one takes their chances on rescue animals when there is no known history or parents to view.

And I apologize for my comment vegas1500. There was no reason for me to be rude - stick removed.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
blue iguana
Fledgling

Post by blue iguana »

One of the fastest ways to affect the highest number of animals is to change legislation. The changes should be about unethical breeding and not harming the reputable breeders making the cost of well-bred puppies out of everyone’s reach. Good breeders are not the problem. Breeding and reselling is entirely unregulated, turning it into a source of undeclared income and leading to over-population and abuse. New laws, public awareness and compassion will help end the suffering of the voiceless. It comes down to supply and demand.

I am not saying that all backyard breeders are not reputable nor that all licensed breeders are reputable. If someone chooses to shop rather than adopt, I feel that is their prerogative. The most reliable source of a puppy is a responsible breed enthusiast who does health checks, breeds for good temperament, genetics, and backs up their litters with a guarantee. A simple act of getting a poorly bred pet from a classified ad or pet store can come at a big price, and it’s not just financial.
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.

Return to “North Okanagan”