Child abused in School

Tree2008

Re: Child abused in School

Post by Tree2008 »

The school denying responsibility or accountability is an issue and in their eyes they can do no wrong and the parents are always wrong. We had an issue in my daughters school in SD 23 even went up to the superintendent and the school were caught in a lot of lies, we even have documents to prove it but they refused to take responsibility.

We now have put our daughter in a private school and it has been the best thing ever. She is doing 100% better and is learning way more. I have no trust in the school system here in BC. The teachers can treat the kids any way they want and the school will deny it and not take accountability.

I am with the parents 100% on this story because i know first hand on how the school district works and they will deny everything even if they are wrong.. They will never admit to it publicly.

Note to parents: Never meet with the teacher/principal/ school dist alone always take an unbiased 3rd party with you to take notes and record the conversation.
Tree2008

Post by Tree2008 »

That will never happen...Went through somewhat of the same thing. The school District cares more about their staff then the students
BCwrangler

Post by BCwrangler »

Zia65 wrote:This principal needs to be fired. He/she called the cops, put the school on lock down and had the father banned from ALL schools in the district like he's the criminal, when his child is the victim? So much for our children feeling safe in school. Even when incidents like this are reported, it is the alleged abuser that has more rights than the alleged victim. No wonder our society is so messed up, when kids are taught at such a young age, that even if you report abuse, nothing will be done to protect you.

A child had to be physically pulled back and hence got bruises in that act.....same child's parent had to have Police called on him to have him removed, and banned from all schools.

Do you see the commonality between the two?

Cheers
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

BCwrangler wrote:A child had to be physically pulled back and hence got bruises in that act.....same child's parent had to have Police called on him to have him removed, and banned from all schools.
Whhhhaaaaaaaa...

Where was that information found? What news article am I missing?

...or is it hearsay?

mmmmm?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Ohhh I see, now. That was a completely different child & father from the girl abused by the 9yr old.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hassel99 wrote:^^^
new article this morning

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220950

And it needs a very careful read to understand that there are now two stories being presented.

And another thing, the little girl was being abused by .... another girl! NOT a boy. Wow. :135: :200:

The meeting was supposed to address her concerns with the district's handling of several inappropriate touching incidents between her daughter and another little girl from the same school.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

When she picked her son up from school she discovered bruises on his arm. Her son later told her that the bruises were from his teacher.

From yesterdays article; Again, this hypersensitive bubble many parents live in. The mother of the boy with the bruises mentions that schools should be safe for their childrena and they absoultely should. However, if your kid is the one who is making it unsafe for other kids, then what?

It sounds like her kid was in an altercation and the teache pulled them apart and the kids arm bruised. So what? Bruising is easily done and I highly doubt that the teacher intended harm. That's how you separate combatants. You pull them apart or one off the other. Get over it.

Teachers must feel like they are powerless to maintain civility and peace in their classrooms or where ever groups of kids happen to be.

This too me is a non-story. The two little girls on the other hand, completely different and very serious from a number of perspectives.

When did parents become so intent on laying blame on every person in their kids lives when they come home whining about being picked on by teachers?

School districts everywhere need to wise up when it comes to bullying and incidents like the two girls involved in the OP and I firmly beleive that they don't do anywhere near enough to curb violent/abusive or inappropriate behavior.

I think that there is a real fear of how they will be perceived if bullies etc. are treated harshly, as they should be. They fear the backlash from parents of these little butt plugs if they suspend them or, like in the good old days, expel them so the victims remain victims and the bullies get passes.

The 9 year old girl needs counselling and maybe, just maybe, someone needs to look at her homelife to try and get a handle on where a nine year old gets the idea that she needs to do whatever it was she did.

Placing the victim back in the class with the attacker is tantamount to abuse.

Parents need to get a firm grip on the fact that there are kids out there who are just bad and they may be your kids, or my kids or the neighbors kids but they are real and there are causing damage to their classmates and others.

Kids are killing themselves in alarming numbers because of psychological and physical abuse and no one seems to want to take charge and do what needs to be done.

Punishment needs to be swift and decisive and consitant and the kids who are suffering at the hands of the bullies and the deviants need to know that they have done nothing wrong and that they matter.

A bit of a rant I know but seriously folks, get better at understanding your kids, whether they be the good ones or the not so good ones and don't be so quick to defend their behavior when confronted with the truth about who they are and what they are doing. Rather, work with them and make them understand that *bleep* behavior is unacceptable and dangerous.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Back when I was in school, some kids were violent to me. My dad taught me how to fight back, hard. I did. I was the one who got in trouble (small town, biased admin). However, the little ingrates didn't touch me again, it was only verbal from that point onward---just noise from insecure little tools.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

bob vernon wrote:Didn't the system learn anything from the Shoenborn case in Merritt from a few years ago? His kids were taunted at school because of their trailer-park poverty and hand-me down clothes by a rich kid. Dad went to the school to see the principal and the police removed him from the school. Sure, he probably was angry. And he then went home, and in his twisted mind got even with the principal and the rich kid by guilting them when he killed his kids so they wouldn't be taunted anymore.

In Armstrong, the principal responded to this parent the same way by banning him. And the 9 year old who was abusing the 6 year old is back in the same school. No wonder the father was angry. One of the kids should have changed schools.

And the bigger, much bigger, question: Where did the 9 year old learn this behaviour? At home? What is being done about that? Sexual abuse is usually a learned behaviour. The district and the police should be asking a lot of questions. A simple suspension and a return to the same school just doesn't seem to fit this 9 year old.

The Schoenborn case is exactly why we can't have parents storming into schools. I doubt you or anyone except his psychiatrist understands why Schoenborn killed his children, but whatever he thought the reason was, it wasn't the fault of the school system. He was mentally deranged,he didn't end up in a mental hospital because the school handled him wrong. Whatever the reason for a parents anger they can hardly expect school officials to talk to them if they are coming in loaded for bear. So if a parent isn't prepared to discuss the issues in a civilize manner, they should refer the case to a lawyer who can handle it for them.

The district and police should be asking a lot of questions, and no doubt they are (through child/social workers who are trained to handle abusive behavior related to children).
In the case of the boy who was manhandled by the teacher, there is no mention of what the boy was doing that prompted that teacher's reaction. Perhaps he was getting violent with another student and needed restraining. I doubt the teacher grabbed him for no reason, maybe it was justified, maybe not, but the mother does not say what actually happened, so we can't even guess.

Return to “North Okanagan”